Started on: 04-17-2024 09:43 AM
Replies: 18 (198 views)
Last post by: cliffw on 05-03-2024 11:08 AM
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2024 09:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
On the 2019 F-150I bought last fall, I often get this popup on the information (radio) display. Exactly what might they be wanting to update? Is there a danger in accepting updates?
Looks exactly like this:

Also, the truck does not (as far as I can tell) have navigation. How difficult is it to install and does it have to come from Ford?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
williegoat

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2024 10:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We control the transmission...
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 699
Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2024 11:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

Also, the truck does not (as far as I can tell) have navigation. How difficult is it to install and does it have to come from Ford?

But at $999.99, I'd stick with Google Maps.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2024 11:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cliff Pennock:

But at $999.99, I'd stick with Google Maps.

Damn, for a grand, I'd just pull over and ask somebody! Maryjane will remember when the gas stations used to give away maps for free.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2024 12:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a box full of Humble and Exxon maps. Of course, most of them don't show I-10 or I-35 because they weren't built or finished yet but I got em..

Thanks Cliff, but I think I'll pass on the $999 nav thing. Tosave that much, I'll swallow my pride and stop and ask someone..
GTGeff

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2024 09:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTGeffSend a Private Message to GTGeffEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I just bought a used 2020 F150 XLT with 22k miles Labor Day weekend. I am thinking your Sync System wants to update to Sync 3.4 and connect to your cell phone. My 2020 was already updated. It did not come with navigation but I run Android Auto on my Sampson Galaxy through a wired connection only. Had to spend $5 for a USB B to USB C adapter to make it work. I just discovered this a couple of weeks ago. I am not sure if or how Apple Car Play works but I am sure it is similiar.
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 699
Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2024 04:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just wondering, do you have an Android phone or an iPhone? I don't think it would be all that difficult swapping that unit for an Android Auto/CarPlay unit. They are about $100 and work perfectly.

https://www.amazon.com/Wire...etooth/dp/B0CGDGDN1J
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2024 10:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a dumb phone, without internet capability (by choice) but it is synced by bluetooth to the truck for hands free use. Wife's Galaxy (whatever model only 3 months old) is also synched to my truck. Haven't tried her phone as far as using google navigation/ directions.
When a smart phone is synced to the vehicle's display, do you see the graphics (map) that would normally appear on the phone's display or just hear the audio directions?
GTGeff

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2024 12:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTGeffSend a Private Message to GTGeffEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mary Jane,
It gives you the larger display screen and audio. I love it! You also keep all the phone, texting, and contacts functions. I am assuming the newer Ford trucks have the wireless connectivity. It was shown in my setting screen but doesn't function so I use my recharge / power cord. Too bad my phone doesn't fit in the little phone shelf below the USB ports with the phone plugged in.
Jeff
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2024 11:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mine is a 2019 F150. The USB ports are inside a little covered compartment in the very front of the center console.
I'm still learning little ins and outs of the vehicle. I didn't realize it had pre-collision assistance until a few days ago when a car stopped suddenly in front of me. Had no idea what all that loud alarm thing was that was going off....I also haven't figured out how it works as it has that trailer back up knob (or why anyone would need it since it has the cameras and radar) . The 'mykey' thing..I dunno about it and not going to mess with it, at least not until I get a 2nd key and fob for it. $400 at a dealership. OUCH!
It's in excellent physical shape inside and out with the exception of a cracked passenger side outside mirror and the rear seat overhead light doesn't work . That's led on a board so no bulb to change. I assume the whole fixture has to be replaced.
Not impressed with the F-150 website forum. Some information but they don't go into the details anywhere close to what our PFF tech section does.

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 04-20-2024).]

GTGeff

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2024 09:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GTGeffSend a Private Message to GTGeffEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

MaryJane,

LOL. I still learning all the buttons, bells, and whistles on mine also. I just figured out the navigation / Android Autoplay last month after having a newer rental car with the Android Auto & Iphone Carplay option. It caused me to wonder and check if I could do this on mine. YouTube has definitely been a big help with this and discovering other "hidden" features of the truck. Ford directly, not so much. I discovered collision avoidance one morning driving to work at 6 AM. That woke me up real quick.

Jeff
PFF
System Bot
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2024 10:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GTGeff:
I just figured out the navigation / Android Autoplay last month after having a newer rental car with the Android Auto & Iphone Carplay option.

I recently rented a newish rental car which had features I didn't know how to operate. The rental staff explained all.
GTGeff

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2024 11:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GTGeffSend a Private Message to GTGeffEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Cliff,
YouTube was my friend for learning how to operate the GM system. I got spoiled. I only wish mine in the truck was wireless, but at least I now have larger dash naviagation.
Jeff
Valkrie9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2024 03:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Valkrie9Send a Private Message to Valkrie9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ford F150 key fob signal hacked

No, it isn't snowy in all of Canada, just the far North, in BC, like.
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2024 07:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can't help, sorry.

But I can relate to having things on a vehicle and not knowing how to operate or use it.

My 2018 Ram 3500 (Cummins) is pretty much a base model truck but. it was ordered specifically to tow. This truck is not one most folks would want. It's a regular cab, diesel with heavy duty drivetrain and 2WD/dually (exactly what I would order). It was ordered by a retired couple who were planning on using it to tow their 40 foot RV trailer. Something happened and they didn't take delivery, it sat on the dealership's lot for two years. As I previously said, not many folks want this kind of truck but, it perfectly fits into what I do and like.

One of the options it has is airbags that lower/raise the rear of the truck when coupling or de-coupling trailers. Supposed to keep me from exercising while I hook up or unhook from a trailer. Never used it, it's use was never explained and I never seem to think about it (or read the operator's manual) when doing the hooking up or dropping a trailer.

I'm pretty sure I'd like it if I ever figured it out. Might do that today................ Wait, I'm thinking I've got a procrastinators class today. I may reschedule both........

------------------
Rams
Learning most of life's lessons the hard way. .
You are only young once but, you can be immature indefinitely.

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2024 10:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Put a set of them bags on the front and you can have one of those vehicles that jump up and down..You'd be known as 'Kewl Black' then.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2024 10:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackrams:
One of the options it has is airbags that lower/raise the rear of the truck when coupling or de-coupling trailers. Supposed to keep me from exercising while I hook up or unhook from a trailer.

Supposed to keep you from exercising while I need to hook up or unhook from a trailer, ?

I thought you was married, .
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2024 09:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

Put a set of them bags on the front and you can have one of those vehicles that jump up and down..You'd be known as 'Kewl Black' then.

Sir, I am already known as several things but, I doubt Kewl is one of them. Kind of like it that way.

Originally posted by cliffw:

Supposed to keep you from exercising while I need to hook up or unhook from a trailer, ?

I thought you was married, .

Multiple goosenecks here, only one wife. Admittedly, she's not a fan of trailering but, doesn't mind it if the trailer I'm towing has something of her's on board.
Been busy towing those trailers a lot recently, mostly her stuff on board. Bought a home in TN and moving there from MS. It's amazing how much one gathers and keeps over time, things one only uses very infrequently and then puts away and forgets about it. Never mind, need to get back to work loading more of her stuff.
Oh, BTW. I don't recommend doing such things if one has a set of bad knees.

Edited: Oh, forgot to mention that I discovered a GM/Pontiac Fiero maintenance manual that's up for grabs if someone wants it.

Rams

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 05-03-2024).]

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2024 11:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Multiple goosenecks here, only one wife. Admittedly, she's not a fan of trailering but, doesn't mind it if the trailer I'm towing has something of her's on board.

I know your pain, oh so well. Let me guess. When her stuff is on the trailer, she is the boss. Are we married to the same woman ?

Been busy towing those trailers a lot recently, mostly her stuff on board. Bought a home in TN and moving there from MS. It's amazing how much one gathers and keeps over time, things one only uses very infrequently and then puts away and forgets about it.

Dammit Jim. You just moved to Mississippi and built a house, improved the land, ie, made a home. I am not amazed at the stuff one gathers over time, then gets rid of it, and all of a sudden needs again, . What is your wife getting rid of ?

Edited: Oh, forgot to mention that I discovered a GM/Pontiac Fiero maintenance manual that's up for grabs if someone wants it.

Rams

I remember that you are an 88 aficionado. I have an 88 GT T top.
Do I have to drive up to Mississippi or Tennessee to pick it up ?

[This message has been edited by cliffw (edited 05-03-2024).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock