What music do you like? by Frenchrafe
Started on: 03-26-2024 02:09 PM
Replies: 6 (97 views)
Last post by: Raydar on 03-27-2024 01:09 PM
Frenchrafe

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2024 02:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FrenchrafeSend a Private Message to FrenchrafeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is my first time posting in O/T.
I just wanted to share my absolute favorite local band at the moment. Their name is Black Bile and they come from Lorient (in France), right next door to where I live.
I was at this concert:

------------------
"Turbo Slug" - '87 Fiero GT. 3800 turbo. - The fastest Fiero in France! @turboslugfiero
https://youtu.be/hUzOAeyWLfM

[This message has been edited by Frenchrafe (edited 03-26-2024).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2024 02:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Frenchrafe:

About time, Rafe! Welcome. (For your own peace of mind, don't bother checking out P&R. )

I just wanted to share my absolute favorite local band at the moment. Their name is Black Bile...

Lovely name. I'll give them a listen.
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2024 08:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll give them a listen in a bit. Wife is in here. I like my music loud. I don't think she's appreciate it.

I listen to "chaotic prog". Really most any prog, but the more complex, the better.
Over the past few years, I've developed a taste of Emerson Lake and Palmer. I also like Yes, Pink Floyd, King Crimson and lots of others.
My favorite "band that you've never heard of" is Crack The Sky. They are based in the Baltimore/Philadelphia area, and have been at it since the 1970s.

BUT... I love music with a sense of humor, or irony.
Warren Zevon is my single favorite artist, hands down. He had a very dry sense of humor, not unlike myself.

NSFW warning. (Age restricted. You'll have to click the link.)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbhYqV17CoQ

Oh yeah... This guy, too.

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 03-26-2024).]

Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 699
Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2024 09:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm more into EDM... Tech House, Techno, Melodic Techno, Minimal, Future House, that kind of stuff.

Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2024 11:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I just wanted to share my absolute favorite local band at the moment. Their name is Black Bile and they come from Lorient (in France), right next door to where I live.
I was at this concert:

It's interesting. I like the musicianship, a lot. The whole video kind of reminds me of very early Pink Floyd. (Songs "Careful With That Axe Eugene", and "One of These Days" come to mind.)
If you have access to the "Live at Pompeii" video, you might enjoy it. Remember, it's early 1970s video technology, so there's that.

OTOH, I don't care too much for the gravelly, screaming vocals. Every metal band in the world does this, and it's really not even necessary, in the "dosages" they provide.
But I'm going to share this with a metal-head friend of mine. I'm sure he'll like them.

Thanks for sharing. And welcome to O/T! Don't get anything on ya'.

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 03-27-2024).]

Frenchrafe

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2024 01:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FrenchrafeSend a Private Message to FrenchrafeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cliff: Yes I like a good bit of Techno as well. I used to get loose with some Carl Cox in my day!

Raydar: We seem to have the same broard musical influences. I know exactly what you mean when you compare them to early Floyd. I would have loved to sit and watch a live version of "Carefull with that axe Eugene" at the university, but I was only 5 years old at the time, so not yet in higher education!
The scream/growl is something of an acquired taste, and I certainly wouldn't have listened to Metal, Doom etc... a few years ago. But instead of going the classical music route in my old age, I seem to have gone down the "Metal-head" route.
I find a good piece of Metal to be oddly satisfying; there's structure, themes and a progression. Much like most classical music. As well, alot of the scandinavien and eastern european metal groups seem to have a classical training or background.

Coming back to Black Bile, you can find their 1st album/EP online on Youtube. It's called "The Substance" and is much "easier" to listen to. Romaine (Romy) sings more with her "clear" voice on this 1st album.

------------------
"Turbo Slug" - '87 Fiero GT. 3800 turbo. - The fastest Fiero in France! @turboslugfiero
https://youtu.be/hUzOAeyWLfM

[This message has been edited by Frenchrafe (edited 03-27-2024).]

Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2024 01:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Coming back to Black Bile, you can find their 1st album/EP online on Youtube. It's called "The Substance" and is much "easier" to listen to. Romaine (Romy) sings more with her "clear" voice on this 1st album.

I'll give it a listen. Thanks!

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock