Started on: 03-20-2024 04:50 PM
Replies: 14 (210 views)
Last post by: MarkS on 03-24-2024 08:01 AM
82-T/A [At Work]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2024 04:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No where else to post this, and figured it's all odd and annoying enough that my Fiero family would enjoy.

First Issue: I leave my trashcan and recycling cans out until the end of the day after pickup, because it's my daughter's responsibility to get them, and she doesn't get back from school / sports until way later. EVERY God-damned time, someone throws their trash in my trashcan. I'm like WTF... who still has trash ON trash pickup day, and why do they keep throwing their **** in my trashcan? Like, there's an entire huge F'n bag in my trash can that's like from someone's kitchen. WHY the F do they think it's ok to dump their trash in my trashcan, AFTER trash pickup? Like... I don't really mind if someone is going to dump trash in my trashcan (honestly) if it's before pickup. But now I have to hold onto your trash for another friggin' week? And then also... dead cats. Where the F are these dead cats coming from? People are always dumping dead cats in my ****ing trashcan. I've had neighbors hand me dead cats (crying), like... what the **** do you want me to do with this? Ok, I'll go bury it... but then I have to bury it in the park or my own backyard. I've had three people dump dead cats in my trashcan over the years. I don't even understand it.

Second: I was working in the garage, and tore something fierce in my shoulder now that I'm in my mid to late 40s. It's been hurting like a ***** for almost 2 months, and I absolutely refuse to go to the doctor, because I'm sure it'll get better. I do all the tests I see on YouTube... probably a torn rotator cuff (or something). Last Sunday, I decide I want to be lazy, but end up not, and I edge, weed-weedwack, mow the yard, rake the entire yard and then back all the leaves (back to the trashcan again), then use the blower, then help my daughter on her car, and then I decide to pressure wash the entire front porch and sidewalk, and then clean the house, and then I also changed the oil in my wife's car, and some other stuff. I'm sore AF... and not Air Force. But I woke up Monday, and all my shoulder pain is gone. Completely went away. Nothing hurts. After 2 months of shoulder pain, I do a bunch of outdoor stuff, and all the pain is gone. Explain that?

Seriously, really pissed about the trashcan...
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2024 05:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:

I've had neighbors hand me dead cats (crying), like... what the **** do you want me to do with this?

The word has spread that you offer a valued service to the community. When my much-loved cat crosses the rainbow bridge, I'll be shipping her to you. What's your address again?
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2024 05:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

The word has spread that you offer a valued service to the community. When my much-loved cat crosses the rainbow bridge, I'll be shipping her to you. What's your address again?

You know the worst part Patrick? It never occurred to me ONCE to bury the dead cats in the other person's yard. I mean, aside from the random ones people dump in my now empty trashcan. But for the two that my neighbors brought me, why didn't I think to ask them... "Hey, thanks for the dead cat, let's find a nice spot in your yard." I almost have a pet cemetery now.
williegoat

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2024 05:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You know the worst part Patrick? It never occurred to me ONCE to bury the dead cats in the other person's yard. I mean, aside from the random ones people dump in my now empty trashcan. But for the two that my neighbors brought me, why didn't I think to ask them... "Hey, thanks for the dead cat, let's find a nice spot in your yard." I almost have a pet cemetery now.

You know all of those giant pythons in Florida? Let your neighbors know that you have taken one in as a pet.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2024 06:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

But for the two that my neighbors brought me, why didn't I think to ask them... "Hey, thanks for the dead cat, let's find a nice spot in your yard."

I would've said... "Thanks, but I gave up eating cat stew years ago."

cvxjet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2024 06:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Since I retired in 2015, I try to help with the trash/recycle cans on my corner....some of the renters don't understand >>2-3' apart for grabber<< so at 11 pm just before bed I straighten that out (While putting my own cans out)...in the morning, while everyone else is at work, I pull the emptied containers up out of the street and move them close to their yards.....down the street, they have a bunch of containers around a driveway, so after pickup I move them up on the sidewalk so they can drive in without having to stop and move the containers themselves.

A few years ago I decided to have my 1902 house bolted to the foundation for EQ safety- cleaning out the basement, 30-50 lbs of old bolts/screws/hardware + other crap....I asked my neighbors if I could dump a little in their cans late at night before pickup....recently, one neighbor needed to get rid of some stuff so we've been putting it in mine when I have spare room....

I try to be a good neighbor (Not State Farm)....don't understand some people being "xicks"...

Ridiculous story; Because of Lupus I have to hide from the sun....some of my neighbors/friends have comically asked "Are you starting to talk with a Transylvania accent?" (Haha) While cleaning my basement I found some sparkplugs for a Model T Ford...and four round things..."Are they snail-shells...No! They are.....>>Cloves of Garlic<<!!!!" The whole stupid joke formed in my head almost instantaneously...."I am not becoming a vampire- because I have Cloves of Garlic in my basement!" Just insane....

[This message has been edited by cvxjet (edited 03-20-2024).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2024 06:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cvxjet:

While cleaning my basement I found some sparkplugs for a Model T Ford...and four round things..."Are they snail-shells...No! They are.....>>Cloves of Garlic<<!!!!"

Are they petrified or what? The reason I ask, is that if I buy too much fresh garlic at a time (I add it to my fried eggs every morning), the garlic cloves end up getting moldy if I don't use them within three weeks or so.
Stingray92

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2024 08:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Stingray92Send a Private Message to Stingray92Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Why does the phrase "Jack in the box" come to mind?
pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2024 11:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Stingray92:

Why does the phrase "Jack in the box" come to mind?

Jack's tacos are great!! I don't know what they are made of but I don't want to entertain any speculation either.
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2024 11:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do you not have any Korean neighbors?

Taco Bell mystery meat is a mystery no more...

I have no problem here in my subdivision with garbage cans. I have left mine out for days and nights after the trash man comes (every Wednesday) and just as empty when I rolled them back ad they were when the mechanical arm dumped them, but with just the 2 of us here, we don't generate very much garbage. (my woodworking scraps being an exception) Certainly not as much as we did at the old place where I always had large amounts of cattle and farm related trash to get rid of but I burned all that most of the time. It does help here, that we're all retired or former active duty military and we respect each other's space and just don't put up with no feces. Anyone walking around here or driving by slowly more than once gets close scrutiny if not out right accostment and questioned regarding who they are and what the hell they're doing in our neighborhood. I laughed as one solar panel salesman got run off at gun point from retired US Army Col Chuck's place across the street.

I ain't burying no dead anything for anybody!! The ground here is harder than a whore's heart and I wouldn't do it even if it wasn't. I buried way more than I wanted to at my old place. Probably a dozen stray mangy maggoty dogs, (Wife said I've killed more dogs than Walt Disney) several cows/calves, one horse, a sheep I was scared to death died of anthrax, and at least 2 cats. 3 skunks that were eating my corn, a possum that kept coming up on the front porch eating the dog's food, 3-4 coyotes. I left the dead beavers I shot for coyote bait.

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 03-21-2024).]

BingB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2024 07:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BingBSend a Private Message to BingBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Second: I was working in the garage, and tore something fierce in my shoulder now that I'm in my mid to late 40s. It's been hurting like a ***** for almost 2 months, and I absolutely refuse to go to the doctor, because I'm sure it'll get better. I do all the tests I see on YouTube... probably a torn rotator cuff (or something). Last Sunday, I decide I want to be lazy, but end up not, and I edge, weed-weedwack, mow the yard, rake the entire yard and then back all the leaves (back to the trashcan again), then use the blower, then help my daughter on her car, and then I decide to pressure wash the entire front porch and sidewalk, and then clean the house, and then I also changed the oil in my wife's car, and some other stuff. I'm sore AF... and not Air Force. But I woke up Monday, and all my shoulder pain is gone. Completely went away. Nothing hurts. After 2 months of shoulder pain, I do a bunch of outdoor stuff, and all the pain is gone. Explain that?

I had the exact same experience. With my injury I could use my arm as long as I kept my elbow tucked in close to my side. I was awkward to work like that, but my shoulder worked good enough that I was not going to get surgery or anything. Then I noticed that when I did a lot of work my shoulder would actually feel better instead of worse. It was like physical therapy. Problem is that I did not know exactly how to exercise to help instead of make things worse.

I suggest that you see a doctor and get a referral to a physical therapist. Once you go and learn how to do the exact therapy you need you can usually do it yourself at home. You are too young and active to have a bad shoulder the rest of your life. Even though I can use my shoulder pretty well know it still bothers me in certain positions to do simple things with my hands above my head.

PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2024 07:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I dislocated both of my shoulders 30 years ago. My left shoulder in particular caused me grief for years. For me, it turned out that lying under my Fiero(s) while working on them was the remedy I needed. How so? Because of the cramped conditions and very limited ground clearance, I was forced to push and pull and tug and twist with my arms extended over my head, although because of lying down, my arms were stretched out horizontally. Hopefully you get the picture. Anyway, that was the "physiotherapy" that finally make my shoulders feel a whole lot better. Sore joints often need to be stretched and worked, not babied.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 03-22-2024).]

maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2024 08:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, there ya have it, straight from Dr Patrick..

I heard it would go easier if they call it a 'procedure'.

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2024 05:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The above "procedure" is great for lower back pain!
MarkS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2024 08:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MarkSSend a Private Message to MarkSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
FREEDOM!!!

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock