Started on: 03-08-2024 08:58 PM
Replies: 24 (247 views)
Last post by: Patrick on 03-14-2024 04:22 PM
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2024 08:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I wish the authorities would do the same thing here. And before anyone says it's a waste of police resources cracking down on "fare evaders"... watch the video!

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2024 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

I wish the authorities would do the same thing here. And before anyone says it's a waste of police resources cracking down on "fare evaders"... watch the video!

Last time I was in New York, I almost forgot to pay because in Miami, we have so much money that the metro mover is totally free. I got drunk on it once and went around the city with my friends 4 times before we realized we'd missed our stop (4 times).
cliffw

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2024 10:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

... before anyone says it's a waste of police resources cracking down on "fare evaders"... watch the video!

It is a waste of time, and money.

If they do not pay their fare, they will not pay the fine the summons will cost. If they get arrested, they will be out quickly, with no bail.

The NYC DA will probably not prosecute.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2024 05:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:

It is a waste of time, and money. If they do not pay their fare, they will not pay the fine the summons will cost...

<sigh> "You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink."

And before anyone says it's a waste of police resources cracking down on "fare evaders"... watch the video!

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2024 08:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

<sigh> "You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink."
And before anyone says it's a waste of police resources cracking down on "fare evaders"... watch the video!

I did watch the video !

What makes you believe it is a good resource of police funding.

[This message has been edited by cliffw (edited 03-10-2024).]

BingB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2024 11:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BingBSend a Private Message to BingBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I did watch the video !

They use the enforcement of minor offenses to bag bigger criminals. It is like pulling over a driver for a seat belt violation to see if he has and illegal contraband,

They don't really care about people not paying their fare. It is the fact that the people who don't pay their fare are much more likely to be involved in more serious criminal conduct.

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2024 03:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I did watch the video !

Perhaps you didn't listen to the video?
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2024 06:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Listen.... (as in hearing)...... or actually believe what what was being stated?
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2024 07:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

Listen.... (as in hearing)...... or actually believe what what was being stated?

Can we actually believe what Cliff states? Or you? Or me? Sometimes ya just gotta take what's being stated at face value, and form an opinion. It's just a YouTube video of a news report. If the cops in New York City are doing what's being reported, I'm all for it. If it's all just a lie... I'll post it in P&R along with the rest of the BS in that sub-section of PFF.
TheDigitalAlchemist

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2024 10:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is more effective than the “search random bags” initiative they recently started in NYC.

One issue with that video- they didn’t mention how they would handle mentally-deranged folks that jump the turnstile…

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2024 10:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There are mentally deranged people living in NYC???????

(I'm still trying to deal with Patrick accepting that Fox News reporting as having any validity whatsoever.. much less implying as such in public)

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 03-10-2024).]

PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2024 11:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

(I'm still trying to deal with Patrick accepting that Fox News reporting as having any validity whatsoever.. much less implying as such in public)

I wasn't even aware as to whether it was or wasn't Fox News. Unlike some (most?) of the participants in P&R, I don't limit my news intake to only "approved" news sources. Doesn't mean I believe everything I see, hear, or read... but I didn't feel the need to personally validate this particular news item. I was hoping that someone from NYC could comment on it, and Rumor did. I even got some dude from Copperas Cove, Texas enter the fray.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2024 11:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I even got some dude from Copperas Cove, Texas enter the fray.

Not really. I don't give one hoot what happens in NYC subways.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2024 07:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Can we actually believe what Cliff states? Or you? Or me? Sometimes ya just gotta take what's being stated at face value, and form an opinion.

We don't have to take it.

We can engage in the art of discussion and then form an opinion.

NYC went "woke" and defunded the police. Many have left for better pastures. They can not now curb crime above the subways.

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2024 04:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

We don't have to take it.

No, we can disbelieve every little thing we're presented with... and spend the rest of our lives arguing, and/or hiding in a bunker.

Originally posted by cliffw:We don't have to take it.

We can engage in the art of discussion and then form an opinion.

Best avoid P&R then.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 03-11-2024).]

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2024 05:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Woman loses both feet when boyfriend shoves her onto NYC subway tracks ...

Yes, guard those turnstiles.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2024 06:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yes, guard those turnstiles.

You have obviously completely missed the point of what the NYC cops are doing in that news report.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2024 07:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You have obviously completely missed the point of what the NYC cops are doing in that news report.

I did not need to see that news report to know what they are doing. It is the same 'ole tactic under a different guise.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2024 07:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good morning!! I'm just now finishing my 1st cup of coffee of the day. It was gloriously fresh, caught in my cup coming right out of the Mr Coffee.

Today is Tuesday, so due to the continuing drought and water restrictions, it is my official day of the week to water my lawn and top off the swimming pool (if needed) . We still cannot wash vehicles in our driveway or anywhere else except at certain types of automatic car washes in town. (I think they paid the city council off..bribery is an art form)
So, in just a few minutes, I'm gonna do like the condemned crazy man said while sitting in The Chair. TURN IT ON>>TURN IT ON>> TURN IT ON!

williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2024 10:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

So, in just a few minutes, I'm gonna do like the condemned crazy man said while sitting in The Chair. TURN IT ON>>TURN IT ON>> TURN IT ON!

theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2024 10:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sad that some believe the video think NYC cares about Fare Jumpers & Crime @ stations...
This is Nothing but Hochul & others playing Security Theater during an Election Year.

Let's say this happens @ all stations just in Manhattan... (Very Unlikely because that's Hundreds)
Subway Riders Know that the Cops, that's NYC & Transit/Port Authority police & Nat Guard will dry up fast as soon as Hochul et al moves the Act elsewhere or simply stops the spin entirely.

NYC is already Bankrupt but Mayors & Albany w/ Help from most to all MSM hinds how bad the money & crime are w/ huge parts of "Bail Reforms" is anything but, being "Sanctuary City," Defund the Police & DA that does nothing but "Grand Stand" cases so Nearly Everyone arrested including repeat cases in the "Crackdown" for above & other Videos has No Bail & on the Street Very Often In Hours.

Similar PR Spin is happening in Philly & other cities often want more "Gun Control" too ignoring <21 already can't carry handguns yet a huge amount of "gun crimes" are from <21 like recent "mass shooters" (6ABC) are 17 18 18 19. NYC already has some of the worse "Gun Control" yet criminals shoot anyone in their way. NYS & NJ are not far behind w/ "Gun Control" that only controls normal people.

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave

PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2024 10:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by theogre:

Sad that some believe the video think NYC cares about Fare Jumpers & Crime @ stations...

Sad that some believe this report is about Fare Jumpers & Crime @ stations.

Look, I don't know what becomes of criminals with outstanding warrants who are nabbed in this manner... but maybe that needs to be covered in an additional news report.
theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2024 07:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Look, I don't know what becomes of criminals with outstanding warrants who are nabbed in this manner... but maybe that needs to be covered in an additional news report.
You didn't read or understand my post?
Also ignore my many posts saying in short Illegal LED & Other crap "Upgrades" is good way to give cops to stop you then go fishing for Big Tickets or better to Arrest you.

But NY & more DA's doesn't care about cops writing tickets to arresting "gang banger" w/ rap sheets longer then a mile. While few big city cops left are try to do a job, DA drops the charges or give most No Bail & put on the street because these DA, city counsel, mayors & more only applies what laws fit whatever Narratives.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2024 09:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thanks for the reminder. I will get right on it. I am not sure my license plate light works.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2024 04:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You didn't read or understand my post?

I don't understand why you're asking that. Who's the "some" who think "NYC cares about Fare Jumpers & Crime @ stations". Certainly wasn't me.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock