Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  Anyone with a Quest 2 or Quest 3 VR headset? Want to test my game?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Anyone with a Quest 2 or Quest 3 VR headset? Want to test my game? by Cliff Pennock
Started on: 03-06-2024 11:16 AM
Replies: 1 (28 views)
Last post by: Raydar on 03-07-2024 05:32 PM
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 699
Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2024 11:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've made a VR Escape Room for the Quest 2 and Quest 3 (will work on Quest 1 too but frame rate will be a lot lower). You can play this game with one VR headset per 4-6 persons. The person wearing the headset needs to solve puzzles. He does this by communicating with the others, telling them what he sees. The others have physical clues (mostly stuff you can print out yourself) and they need to find out what to use to solve the puzzles. The headset can be passed around as often as the players want, but I always suggest after about each 5 minutes or so.

I have tested it quite a few times already here, ranging from 1 group of six persons to 9 groups of 6 persons. What I noticed is that some groups were able to solve it in about an hour while others weren't even halfway after 2 hours of play. But most of these people had never done a (physical) escape room, and it was the first time they ever tried anything in VR. I'm aiming for a play time of about 1.5 hours (it's a game that will be played at corporate events, or at birthday parties, etc).

So does anyone want to test it? Again, it's for groups of 4-6 persons. It's not a game you can download from the Oculus store. It's an APK you need to install on your headset (with Side Quest). Also after installation, you can't simply start it and play. At startup, the game asks you to enter a code. You will receive that code from me and will be valid for a certain amount of plays or a certain amount of days.

Anyone interested?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2024 05:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sounds like fun. Wish I had the equipment to do it.
IP: Logged

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock