Started on: 03-05-2024 10:20 PM
Replies: 14 (194 views)
Last post by: williegoat on 03-20-2024 04:42 PM
TheDigitalAlchemist

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2024 10:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Maker

A strange creature races against time to make the most important and beautiful creation of his life.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
williegoat

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2024 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Now that was great, especially the music! Do you know those people?
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2024 03:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Judging from the teeth, this must be an English production.

The middle part of the video had a kind of Weekend at Bernie's vibe to it ... but it was excellent!

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 03-06-2024).]

TheDigitalAlchemist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2024 02:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

No, just wanted to share.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2024 03:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TheDigitalAlchemist:

No, just wanted to share.

When I saw the F-holes on his forehead, I figured there might be some interesting music.
TheDigitalAlchemist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2024 04:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I decided to ping the folks that made the puppets, and we will be hanging out in June with Crafsman at Five Points Fest.
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2024 04:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I decided to ping the folks that made the puppets, and we will be hanging out in June...

"hanging out"... like marionettes?

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 03-14-2024).]

TheDigitalAlchemist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2024 12:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

"hanging out"... like marionettes?

Hah, pretty much!

Wow, she has GREAT hair.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2024 06:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here is a great video by one of my favorite European folk groups. Beginning at the 2:30 mark it takes on a marionette theme which is carried through two strikingly different scenes. In one interpretation, there is a couple dancing on the face of a cliff, suspended from the top by ropes. It is a fascinating and thought provoking visual.

“Marijo, Deli Bela Kumrijo” is a Serbian folk song, the title of which translates to “Maria, my beautiful Dove”

maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2024 06:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The original video at the top of the thread. Is that from the late 50s/early 60s?
Pretty sure I saw something very close to it when I was a kid.
Is this a cartoon for the kids of new age hippies? A new take on that stupid The Oblongs thing?
TheDigitalAlchemist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2024 09:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

Is this a cartoon for the kids of new age hippies? A new take on that stupid The Oblongs thing?

What?
PFF
System Bot
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2024 11:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Oblongs. An old (to some people) TV show. The 'people' all had some/one kind of mutation or another..
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2024 12:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I saw it as a "circle of life" tale, with a bit of Frankenstein thrown in for good measure.

But what I really liked was the Vivaldi-esque original score.

I'm not much for fiction or sci-fi, but have either of you two ever read "The Cyberiad", a collection of short stories by Stanislaw Lem?

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 03-20-2024).]

TheDigitalAlchemist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2024 03:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I saw it as a "circle of life" tale, with a bit of Frankenstein thrown in for good measure.

But what I really liked was the Vivaldi-esque original score.

I'm not much for fiction or sci-fi, but have either of you two ever read "The Cyberiad", a collection of short stories by Stanislaw Lem?

Yeah, I liked the music a lot.

No, haven't heard of that. is it "good"?

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2024 04:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yeah, I liked the music a lot.

No, haven't heard of that. is it "good"?

I liked "The Cyberiad" and I am not generally a fan of fiction, sci- or otherwise.

The stories revolve around two "constructors" (like makers) who are, themselves, robots. They collaborate, compete, ponder and create various improbable concepts including a machine that does "nothing". It is all done from a unique perspective.

I figured you and maryjane might both enjoy it for different reasons.

Trurl and Klapaucius are "constructors" — brilliant engineers capable of God-like exploits through the machines they build. The two have complete control over the physical laws of the universe; for instance, on one occasion, Trurl creates an entity capable of extracting accurate information from the random motion of gas particles, which he calls a "Demon of the Second Kind", with the "Demon of the First Kind" being Maxwell's demon. In another instance, the two constructors re-arrange stars near their home planet in order to advertise their services. Despite this incredible power, without their machines the two are relatively powerless, and are captured, incapacitated, and physically beaten numerous times.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock