Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  I'm not a carpenter by any means but am happy how this came out.

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
I'm not a carpenter by any means but am happy how this came out. by maryjane
Started on: 02-21-2024 02:45 PM
Replies: 11 (186 views)
Last post by: 82-T/A [At Work] on 02-28-2024 03:26 PM
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2024 02:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
And certainly not a furniture builder.
Frame built, on far right but had to shut down to get my truck in ahead of a hail storm.

It was difficult to get the 4 top pieces glued up tight since I don't have a jointer any more. Lots of clamps and then lots of glue and cleats underneath along with about 50 wood screws.

Then she decided she wanted shelves on the end after I got the desk into the house, which was no small feat in itself. 8' long and 32" wide.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
cvxjet

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2024 05:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks really good.....me, being an ex-electronics and electrical worker, should not be trusted with sharp implements....So, whenever I do work with wood or metal, I always count my fingers before and after....so far, I still have six and a half fingers.....
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2024 09:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nicely done!
I can make stuff that's functional, but it's not generally pretty.

Usually, when someone asks what I'm making, I answer, "sawdust, mostly."
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2024 09:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dang sure made plenty of sawdust and the first day of sanding greatly regretted not wearing a mask. I do dislike that the poly acrylic I put on it (4 coats) yellowed it some but it will be ok...the official inspector looked it over closely.

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 02-21-2024).]

blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2024 07:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks good. Function being the most important thing but, how it looks always matters.
Ya dun good!

Rams
MarkS

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2024 09:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MarkSSend a Private Message to MarkSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks nice! Norm & Tommy would approve! Wood is a means to an end for me. I'm much happier with nuts, bolts, oil, gas, solder & circuits...

cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2024 09:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

Seems like you need another office chair so y'all can work side by side.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2024 09:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:

Seems like you need another office chair so y'all can work side by side.

Oh NO!
I have my own less attractive thing thank you, in another room other end of the house.
She gets paid to do it. I just play around.

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 02-22-2024).]

Notorio

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2024 12:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NotorioSend a Private Message to NotorioEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Congratulations on that nice, professional-looking job.
BingB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2024 11:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BingBSend a Private Message to BingBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would not attempt that top section without a joiner.

Good job.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2024 12:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BingB:

I would not attempt that top section without a joiner.

Good job.

Had it been a denser hardwood I probably wouldn't have either. But, I have a good radial arm saw and experience using it to rip with (something I DON'T recommend for beginners. A RAS is terribly unforgiving and to their chagrin, too many people have tried to feed the board in from the wrong side..it usually becomes a missile and can wreck the saw arm and blade, if not permanently ruin the blade shaft)

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 03-01-2024).]

PFF
System Bot
82-T/A [At Work]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2024 03:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's really nice... and much wider than most BS desks you'd have to buy today. Very cool!

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock