Started on: 10-14-2023 08:52 AM
Replies: 11 (271 views)
Last post by: Raydar on 10-17-2023 11:01 AM
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2023 08:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Unless you've been living in a cave or incarcerated, you may already know that Today, Saturday Oct 14, heralds the sun going dark. If not, you will have to look up your local times but here's when in Texas, (follows, an old Vietnamese belief) :

Giant Frog Eats The Sun

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
williegoat

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2023 11:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the link.

You started a thread yesterday, the title of which lead me to guess that the eclipse would be the subject.

But, no.

blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2023 07:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

Unless you've been living in a cave or incarcerated, you may already know that Today, Saturday Oct 14, heralds the sun going dark. If not, you will have to look up your local times but here's when in Texas, (follows, an old Vietnamese belief) :

Giant Frog Eats The Sun

Ya know, I knew about this event and never bothered to look. I guess I'm more involved in my own small part of the universe and not paying enough attention but, maybe I'll catch the next one.
Hope all is well in your neck of the woods.

Rams
GuyFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2023 11:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GuyFieroSend a Private Message to GuyFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thought about driving down there to check it out, but decided to just look in my driveway instead.

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2023 11:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
He's back.
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2023 06:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

Giant Frog Eats The Sun

My cousin Leroy. It's a dirty job, but somebody's got to do it.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 10-17-2023).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2023 06:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Patrick

36420 posts
Member since Apr 99
My latest work. I call it... The Eclipse of The Eclipse

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 10-17-2023).]

82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2023 08:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm kind of bummed... I was working all day outside, and I don't know if it was just really overcast, because it was really dark in the late morning, but I completely missed it. I'm not really bummed for myself, but that I didn't tell my daughter about it. I saw one years ago... I was camping when I was a kid, and it was a solar eclipse. Wherever we were (I cannot remember), it got completely dark. It was a perfect total solar eclipse. It was in the mid 80s.
Sage

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 69
Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2023 08:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SageSend a Private Message to SageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2023 08:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Call Lassie! Sage fell down the well!
Sage

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 69
Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2023 01:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SageSend a Private Message to SageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PFF
System Bot
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2023 11:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:
I saw one years ago... I was camping when I was a kid, and it was a solar eclipse. Wherever we were (I cannot remember), it got completely dark. It was a perfect total solar eclipse. It was in the mid 80s.

I remember that one. Only total eclipse I've ever witnessed. Think it was early 80s. Would have liked it to last a bit longer, but obviously that's not how it works.

Because nobody has posted it yet...

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 10-17-2023).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock