Started on: 04-08-2022 10:22 AM
Replies: 13 (344 views)
Last post by: Valkrie9 on 04-18-2022 04:17 PM
MidEngineManiac

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post04-08-2022 10:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Er......I mean Snowflakes. Snowflakes everywhere...

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Zeb

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2022 08:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ZebSend a Private Message to ZebEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Funny you should mention crickets. We get them in our house a lot. Big, black, nasty things. Even the previously feral cats we adopted won't go mess with them.

I go to bed last night, wife stays up. Maybe 10 minutes later she comes in and says "You've got to pick up this cricket! It jumped at me. I can't touch those things."

She'd seen one, it jumped at her. She reacted instantly. KILLED THAT THING DEAD! Stone cold killer instinct. I love that in a woman.

Of course, then decided to get all scared and squeamish. Needs me to deal with the mangled corpse.

Jersey girls. Gotta love 'em. Because if you don't, they'll kill ya.
TheDigitalAlchemist

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2022 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That video is silly.

You ever see “cave crickets”? Those guys are pretty gross. And they hop at you (probably to try to steal your soul)

I used to use a bat to try to kill them till one of them grabbed it from me and cracked me in the head.(I’m guessing that’s what happened because I woke up on the floor to the sound of cricket laughter as they hopped away)

I started using books to squash them but I think they started reading them and I think one was surfing the internet last night.

Not as nasty as roaches. But those cave crickets are a pain. Good thing the house centered a get ‘em (what lovely little darlings THOSE are…)

I really hope that video was fake.
Valkrie9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2022 10:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Valkrie9Send a Private Message to Valkrie9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

!
Pray for Preying Mantis', the eaters of the crickets.
!
Sure, it's real.
Delusionals really do exist, that is why you can see them on social media, expressing what they believe, however false.
That person, emoting in panic and fear is not living in reality, it is a construct of a malfunctioning noodle.
A sedation, calming herbal tea, a few hours among the crickets on a futon, watching African predators hunting and eating, on a big screen tv.
Spreading diatomaceous earth to control the insects, the creepy crawly centipedes and crickets, spiders, ants.
Then, secure and safe from insect aggression, a good night's sleep free from insect dreams, only to wake in the city of uncertainty, Dempartie 22-1007.
Why, at any moment, you could be randomly attacked for your equity !
Fear the crickets, the harbingers of Doom !

....Reading the vid comments had me cracking up laughing, ' Buy a frog ! '
lol
Get a frog with a call you like.
Crickets at the pond

[This message has been edited by Valkrie9 (edited 04-10-2022).]

Valkrie9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2022 12:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Valkrie9Send a Private Message to Valkrie9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

!
36 crickets ! Should I let them stay ? lol
A trained chorus line kicking it, serenading the..the....of undetermined pronoun.
Sort of resembles, reminds me, of Audrey Hepburn, in the '50s, and more recently, Natalie Portman.
Shad Fly seasonal swarming, maybe mute the sound.
Almost biblical in scale, I can remember driving, in the '70s, into town from the south, all the street lights were entirely covered by massive hordes of the flying bugs, the city in darkness.
Creeped me out, a few days later, they used firehoses and bucket loaders to clean the masses of bugs from the buildings and streets.
One day they may find some nutritional snacks, delicacies, crunchy recipes and wholesome green goodness from the tons of flying bugs.
Amazing what humans will eat if they are starving because of a global crop failure, results of a war, a nuke war.

[This message has been edited by Valkrie9 (edited 04-11-2022).]

maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2022 10:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
30 seconds in hot oil.
or
williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 104
Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2022 01:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Chapulines!

No, gracias.
Valkrie9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2022 05:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Valkrie9Send a Private Message to Valkrie9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
^^
' The maître d'hôtel dropped the plates on our table,
I became faint of heart, swooning into my wicker chair, a kerchief at my mouth as I felt I might vomit ! '
Gack !

!
See ?
Those people are way ahead of the curve, anticipating large growth in their bug harvesting and culinary innovations.
Mmmnn mmn good green !
Substitute fillings
Bugs Ruling the Galaxy
It is said, the bugs on Klendathu taste just like lobster, when cooked properly.
' Indeed, with our very lives to ensure that human civilizations, not insect, dominates this Galaxy now and always ! '

!
[ Damsel in Distress ]
So, I keep getting, um, crickets in my house, I don't know why, I've never had a cricket problem before, but I looked it up and apparently it's, it's, really bad luck to kick them out of your house, like you're not supposed to kick them out of your house. But like what am I supposed to do ?
' Like let you stay here ? '
Now there's like 36 crickets running around, because I did kick out one, and let me tell you, I had a really, really, horrible week after that, and now they're just running around and I'm like,
' Please move, I just want to make a piece of toast and you're in my way ! '
and I open a cabinet it's just like
' Oh hey cricket that I can't kick out of my house, can you please just leave, I don't want to kick you out, I just want to ask you nicely to leave ! '
My house is just infested with crickets there's nothing I can do about it.
[ Jimminy ]
Soon as I saw there was no one about, I made myself at home !

[This message has been edited by Valkrie9 (edited 04-11-2022).]

82-T/A [At Work]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 199
Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2022 10:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MidEngineManiac:

Er......I mean Snowflakes. Snowflakes everywhere...

What the ****. What the hell is wrong with young people?

How would someone like this be able to handle a real life problem?

What man would want to be with a woman like this in a long-term relationship or marriage? If this video is legitimate (seems like she's been crying for a while), she seems like the kind of person that needs constant attention and affection, and expects you to do everything for her. It would be a friggin' nightmare.
Zeb

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2022 02:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ZebSend a Private Message to ZebEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TheDigitalAlchemist:
I started using books to squash them but I think they started reading them and I think one was surfing the internet last night.

Watch out if they're using your computer! They'll download something BAD and then frame you for it!

Crickets were using our computer and internet connection to run a spam operation. If it had gone bad, they would've framed ME for it, and we'd have lost the house. We warned the cats about the risk of having to find another place with free food, and they said they'd "Take care of it."

We started finding random cricket legs around the house, but the strange computer use stopped. I didn't ask the cats any questions.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2022 03:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Zeb:

Watch out if they're using your computer! They'll download something BAD and then frame you for it!

Crickets were using our computer and internet connection to run a spam operation. If it had gone bad, they would've framed ME for it, and we'd have lost the house. We warned the cats about the risk of having to find another place with free food, and they said they'd "Take care of it."

We started finding random cricket legs around the house, but the strange computer use stopped. I didn't ask the cats any questions.

PFF
System Bot
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post04-13-2022 12:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:

How would someone like this be able to handle a real life problem?

Apparently, and based on my personal experience, threatening to slaughter every living thing on the planet if they don't go the hell away and stop bothering me when I am trying to nap is not the correct way either.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2022 02:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hmmm....I wonder if it's good on poutine.

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 04-16-2022).]

Valkrie9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2022 04:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Valkrie9Send a Private Message to Valkrie9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
^^
Unngghh !
An involuntary shudder of horror, sacrilegious image of bugs on poutine.
' People will have to eat bugs, eventually. '
So, I looked it up, turns out there will be 9 billion humans in a few years, barring any nuke wars flaring up in Russia and China.
Apparently, nutritious and wholesome, high in protein, good green.
Insect meat: food of the future
Future of Food, Insect Agriculture Billions.
A man with a farm and an altruistic, benevolent outlook might get into the sector, marketing hundreds of tons of product.
Meals ready to eat, a better green meat bar.
A futuristic Soylent Green.
Mixed Nuts, Mixed Bugs
YaY !
Crickets !
' Please move, I just want to make a piece of toast and you're in my way '

re-posting the reference vid clip : The Crickets !

02/25/23
Re-re-posting the reference video : More Crickets !

[This message has been edited by Valkrie9 (edited 02-25-2023).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock