Do you like dags ? by Valkrie9
Started on: 01-13-2022 07:58 PM
Replies: 16 (454 views)
Last post by: MidEngineManiac on 07-15-2023 11:51 AM
Valkrie9

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2022 07:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Valkrie9Send a Private Message to Valkrie9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

!
Buddy Mercury

A story of dog and man !

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
sourmash

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post01-13-2022 09:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hudini

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2022 06:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Everyone thinks their dog is the best. And they are not wrong.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2022 06:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Valkrie9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2023 10:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Valkrie9Send a Private Message to Valkrie9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ls3mach

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 226
Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2023 12:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I took my Dane fishing yesterday.

[This message has been edited by ls3mach (edited 01-19-2023).]

Valkrie9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2023 10:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Valkrie9Send a Private Message to Valkrie9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ls3mach

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2023 03:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Valkrie9:

Dane hunting

I am told they can run up to 30MPH. I don't think my guy can safely make 30 steps without falling He is the clumsy. Originally hog hounds, I don't let mine kill things because I live in the city and I don't like him killing chickens or rabbits that I would otherwise eat,. Great animals.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2023 05:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ls3mach:

I don't like him killing chickens or rabbits...

Years ago when I acquired my Siberian Husky, I got her as a five year old, and at that time she had an unfortunate history of killing chickens and the occasional cat (before I got her). She tried really hard to catch squirrels, and I suspect she would've gone after rabbits as well if she would've had half an opportunity. She didn't care much for small dogs either (nor do I )... but thank goodness she left them alone at the dog park!

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 01-24-2023).]

Valkrie9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2023 11:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Valkrie9Send a Private Message to Valkrie9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ls3mach

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2023 01:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I want to BUMP this thread. I love the movie Snatch.

I have started training my Dane to "hit". He has taken 1 squirrel so far. We have livestock, so I don't want him touching our things, but squirrels mock him. I don't turn him on to those as he can take my fence down or completely clear it.
I am using his love of squirrels to train him though. Great Danes are notorious for leaning on you. To combat this I stand on top of him with him between my legs and I lean on him This way he gets his scritches and ears played with and we have the same viewpoint. When I find something I line him on it and send him like I would my lab for a duck. He doesn't care about eating the prey and he isn't a fan of "retrieving". I think I am going to leave it that was as I might want him to hit a hog and I don't need him trying to return it to me. Went fishing again this week. He just does DAG things. I don't think it is legal for him to be off leash on public lands, but we aren't near anyone when I take him off lead and there is 1000s of acres. It hasn't been an issue and we do see other dogs off leash. He is highly socialized now, but I still use caution.

Patrick. He'd LOVE to hit a rabbit and there are plenty around here. I've considered raising them for food and to sale, so they are still off his list.
PFF
System Bot
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2023 04:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you think you are in charge, try bossing another man's dog around.
ls3mach

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2023 05:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

If you think you are in charge, try bossing another man's dog around.

I've airways heard that and if you have to tell someone you're their boss....

I really just love animals. My buddy has a pet cow at his house. My Dane tried to get her to chase him. 700lb? baby.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2023 04:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yes, I can certainly see the husky behavior in that border collie/husky cross. Lovely dog!
Valkrie9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2023 04:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Valkrie9Send a Private Message to Valkrie9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Minka ! A glamour portrait.
Long ago, in the '70s, Minka caught a rabbit across an ice glazed corn field.
From a standing start, from 150 yards away.
She was fast and agile, bred for hunting... rabbits.

Amazing stories of dogs and man.
What would we do without dogs ?

Cats.. lol.
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post06-27-2023 05:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

What would we do without dogs ?

Cats.. lol.

Get both, along with a wife....

And never have money again.
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post07-15-2023 11:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock