Started on: 01-12-2022 11:58 AM
Replies: 21 (269 views)
Last post by: blackrams on 01-12-2022 08:48 PM
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2022 11:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This was recently gifted to me. It's pretty old and there's no way I'd use or depend on it much less load it.
Here's a couple of pictures. There is no serial number or stamping/engraving to help id it. Now you know what I currently know.

As is shown, it has a folding trigger. Took it to my local gun store, they couldn't id it. I thought it might take a 45 long rifle shell but, no joy on that.
The cylinder is 2 inches in length, the barrel is shorter. This thing would probably kick like a mule.
Rams

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 01-12-2022).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
82-T/A [At Work]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2022 12:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That good sir... is called a gun.

You're welcome. Glad I could assist!
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2022 12:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:

That good sir... is called a gun.

You're welcome. Glad I could assist!

Actually, in this case, it's just something to throw at an intruder. But, thank you from the bottom of my heart.

As they say in the south, Bless your Pea Picking heart.

Rams

Hank is Here

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2022 12:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hank is HereSend a Private Message to Hank is HereEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
given no stampings and short barrel.....could it be some type of vintage starting revolver/pistol?
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2022 12:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hank is Here:

given no stampings and short barrel.....could it be some type of vintage starting revolver/pistol?

I suppose anything is possible although, I've never seen a starter pistol like this.

Another gun store said it was pre 1910, I have no idea how they came up with that.

Rams
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2022 12:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I believe, either a German Scheintod tear gas gun or a knockoff of one.
12mm round.
The only markings would be on the rear of the cylinder face or under the grips.
Early 1900s thru WW1..

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 01-12-2022).]

blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2022 01:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

I believe, either a German Scheintod tear gas gun or a knockoff of one.
12mm round.
The only markings would be on the rear of the cylinder face or under the grips.
Early 1900s.

Well, I've been advised it's pre 1910 and maybe Belgium by origin so, you may be correct. I'll keep you posted on anything I learn.
For me, this is a conversation piece/paper weight. There's no way I'd ever try test firing it.

Rams

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2022 01:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2022 01:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
By Golly, I believe you've solved the mystery.

Rams
MidEngineManiac

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post01-12-2022 01:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Firing that thing would probably make you cry !!
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2022 01:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackrams:

By Golly, I believe you've solved the mystery.

Rams

Seriously, that's almost identical. Either MJ knows his guns, or he wrote up in Jupyter Notebooks some Artificial Intelligence CLIP algorithms to identify matching images!
PFF
System Bot
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2022 02:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Actually, a cowman way down in South Texas was familiar with that type firearm and he answered my query on a cattle board and sent me a link.

Evidently they were known as bicycle guns, fired a variety of charges (tear gas, red pepper, black pepper, salt etc) and were pretty common in Europe and Great Britain in the late 1800s early 1900s as a defense against dogs that like to chase bicyclists.
(When I was a kid, a squirt gun filled with soapy water or a stronger household cleaner worked pretty good)
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2022 02:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Actually, a cowman way down in South Texas was familiar with that type firearm and he answered my query on a cattle board and sent me a link.

Evidently they were known as bicycle guns, fired a variety of charges (tear gas, red pepper, black pepper, salt etc) and were pretty common in Europe and Great Britain in the late 1800s early 1900s as a defense against dogs that like to chase bicyclists.
(When I was a kid, a squirt gun filled with soapy water or a stronger household cleaner worked pretty good)

Interesting, one of the people I spoke with thought it might be a pepper gun. I wasn't sure what he meant. Thanks.

Rams

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2022 03:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Old, thats what it is.

Very cool I would have welcomed this in the revolver thread.

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 01-12-2022).]

blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2022 03:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

Old, thats what it is.

Very cool I would have welcomed this in the revolver thread.

Gosh, sorry. Didn't even think about that thread.

My investigation did result in some interesting responses. Got a bunch of wrong answers but I'm sure maryjane got it right. The funny thing about this is, I got a couple offers from people I asked to buy it. If it wasn't a gift, I would seriously consider it. I really don't have much use for a bicycle gun. There isn't a dog alive that can stay with my Valkyrie.

Rams

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2022 04:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Gosh, sorry. Didn't even think about that thread.

My investigation did result in some interesting responses. Got a bunch of wrong answers but I'm sure maryjane got it right. The funny thing about this is, I got a couple offers from people I asked to buy it. If it wasn't a gift, I would seriously consider it. I really don't have much use for a bicycle gun. There isn't a dog alive that can stay with my Valkyrie.

Rams

How dare you deprive 2.5 of a post in his thread. ought to be ashamed of yourself.
You probably done gone and hurt his feelings.

That Valkyrie will do ok till ya come to a stop sign. Dogs can't read.
They don't have to attack to cause problems tho.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk...-reaction-crash.html

(Looks like the dog ended up on the far shoulder of the road, right where the 18 wheeler went. SMUUSH!)

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 01-12-2022).]

OldsFiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2022 04:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OldsFieroSend a Private Message to OldsFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Late to the party, but I contacted a liberal journalist and he said........ Assault weapon.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2022 05:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Rams

Hopefully you can find some 12mm ammo and test it out

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2022 05:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

43225 posts
Member since May 2007

Originally posted by OldsFiero:

Late to the party, but I contacted a liberal journalist and he said........ Assault weapon.

... Double action, that does sound pretty scary, and it takes mm bullets like those ones cops use!
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2022 07:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by OldsFiero:

If you had said an Insult Weapon, I might have agreed.

Originally posted by 2.5:

Hopefully you can find some 12mm ammo and test it out

Did a quick internet search just to see what I could find, 12mm gas cartridges are apparently hard to find.

How dare you deprive 2.5 of a post in his thread. ought to be ashamed of yourself.
You probably done gone and hurt his feelings.

That Valkyrie will do ok till ya come to a stop sign. Dogs can't read.
They don't have to attack to cause problems tho.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk...-reaction-crash.html

(Looks like the dog ended up on the far shoulder of the road, right where the 18 wheeler went. SMUUSH!)

S Slow
T to
O Operational
P Pace

Rams
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2022 08:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
May not be true 12mm either. My friend told me some of them were advertised 12mm but often were closer to10mm.
PFF
System Bot
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2022 08:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

May not be true 12mm either. My friend told me some of them were advertised 12mm but often were closer to10mm.

Oh, now that's comforting..............

Who was it that was interested in test firing this puppy?

Doesn't matter, this will remain a conversation piece. I'll attempt to clean it up some but, it'll never get loaded while I have it.

Ram

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock