Started on: 01-09-2022 10:42 AM
Replies: 25 (402 views)
Last post by: OldsFiero on 01-13-2022 08:22 PM
sourmash

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post01-09-2022 10:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We all know illegal aliens are voting. When foreign citizens and foreign nationals vote in our elections, you are not a representative republic. Your vote means less than a full vote when this happens.

https://nypost.com/2022/01/...zens-to-vote-in-nyc/

Mayor Eric Adams said Saturday he supports a controversial bill to allow hundreds of thousands of non-citizens living in New York City to participate in local elections.

Adams said in a statement he has and will continue to support the measure despite initially having “some concerns.”

The City Council approved the “Our City, Our Vote” measure in December, despite concerns from more than a dozen lawmakers, former Mayor Bill de Blasio and some constitutional experts.

The bill granted approximately 800,000 legal, non-citizen residents — such as green card holders and recipients of deferred action — the right to vote in municipal contests, but not state or federal elections.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2022 11:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I expect there's much to say in favor of this idea, in terms of helping make New York City a better city for all of its residents and all of the people who make their livelihoods there.

Is there much to say against this decision?

I don't know. I haven't "drilled down" into it. Which can be said for a lot of things. Almost every thing. It boggles the mind, how many things . . .

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 01-09-2022).]

sourmash

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-09-2022 11:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
NYC is dying as a result of the direction the leaders are taking. In all cases, letting recent immigrants and their children lead our cities results in chaos, spiking crime rates, dispossession the citizens of wealth and rights, duversity clashes, etc.., etc..

This is why (almost) all Western countries ate collapsing. Look at the childless leaders and look at how many are from families that just arrived. Chaos.
Fats

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2022 12:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FatsSend a Private Message to FatsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The bonus is that I, who live in Missouri, should easily be able to vote in NYC elections and so can you after this!

And I spend plenty of time in NYC, I should get a say in what happens there as well.

Mail in ballots, and illegals allowed. It's the perfect combination!

The Libs are gonna love this, until we start playing by their rules. Then the rules are gonna change.
OldsFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2022 12:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OldsFieroSend a Private Message to OldsFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fats:

The bonus is that I, who live in Missouri, should easily be able to vote in NYC elections and so can you after this!

And I spend plenty of time in NYC, I should get a say in what happens there as well.

The Libs are gonna love this, until we start playing by their rules. Then the rules are gonna change.

Great idea Fats! How many of you out of staters that vote the way we do upstate can we count on?
Sourmash did say living there though. You would have to pay me a lot to do that.

sourmash

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-09-2022 04:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It sounds good, but I suspect they've thought it through to that point. Maybe not, though.
hammer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2022 04:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hammerSend a Private Message to hammerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Kinda' like the old saying "fight fire with fire".
Valkrie9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2022 05:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Valkrie9Send a Private Message to Valkrie9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I Vote for Brassieres too !

This is a Democracy !
What crime would cause a politician, or actor, to be held in detention until trial, the risk of flight too great ?
The Canadian vote demographics are unclear this year, a swing bloc.
Yeah, the modern future, according to dempartie wingnuts, those delusionals.
Counting down the hours until Adams is arrested and held on a 20 Million bond, for violation of his Constitutional oath.
Incarceration, the convincing argument persuading dempartie activists to dream up another way to power, forever.
Sure, that would then discourage other innovative marxist dreamers from lawlessness, the state of revolutionary robbery.
A robbery free for all, literally, ' Come on down to the store and check out our great prices ! ', free for the taking, your stuff too.
Take the stuff for free, not pay, not go to jail ! Yay ! I vote for free stuff !
Everyone should too !
Save the Democracy !

Sarc : off
:/
randye

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2022 05:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That's a shame

I might like living in a repunlic.

By the way, Russia just launched a new website that tracks down and deletes pirated movies...Nyetflix.

When I found out that my microwave wasn't waterproof, I was shocked.

I don't trust stairs... they are always up to something.

Cartoonist found dead in his home...Details are sketchy.

I've got a chicken-proof front lawn...It's impeccable!

I started a company selling land mines disguised as prayer mats... Prophets are going through the roof.

Did you hear about the negative man who hates German sausage?...He always fears the wurst.

I’ve got a phobia of over-engineered buildings...It’s a complex complex complex.

You know what really bugs me?...Insect puns.

Meet the Founding Father of the repunlic:

"Take my wife...Please!"

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 01-09-2022).]

Hudini

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2022 06:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by OldsFiero:
Great idea Fats! How many of you out of staters that vote the way we do upstate can we count on?
Sourmash did say living there though. You would have to pay me a lot to do that.

Or you could charge a little and get lots of business. We would vote whichever way you want.

82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2022 06:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Valkrie9:

This is a Democracy !

:/

This wouldn't be my first go-around on this topic. I've done this plenty of times... and the usual nonsense, people send me links to Hamilton talking about a Democracy, not realizing they are sending me links of when he was in the Constitutional Congress, or when Hamilton talks about the Senate not being elected as in a Republic... which of course is referencing the fact that prior to 1913 senators were elected by the state representatives because they actually represent the STATE government, and not the people directly.

So dispelling all the nonsense that you might think you've found on the internet to somehow "prove" that we are a Democracy, please tell me (after reading the Federalist Papers), where in the US Constitution it says the word "Democracy." I will definitely wait...

Thanks,

Todd
PFF
System Bot
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2022 06:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:

This wouldn't be my first go-around on this topic. I've done this plenty of times... and the usual nonsense, people send me links to Hamilton talking about a Democracy, not realizing they are sending me links of when he was in the Constitutional Congress, or when Hamilton talks about the Senate not being elected as in a Republic... which of course is referencing the fact that prior to 1913 senators were elected by the state representatives because they actually represent the STATE government, and not the people directly.

So dispelling all the nonsense that you might think you've found on the internet to somehow "prove" that we are a Democracy, please tell me (after reading the Federalist Papers), where in the US Constitution it says the word "Democracy." I will definitely wait...

Thanks,

Todd

Over the years I have often chuckled about the irony of Democrats complaining about "threats to democracy" all while they are living in a Constitutional Federal Republic.

Democrats fundamental ignorance of the type government that this nation is founded on is also cause for their continual hooting about "the popular vote" and their constant whining about the "unfairness" of the electoral college process, which they miraculously "love and cherish" again whenever they win.

There is a well known old saying:
“Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.”

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 01-09-2022).]

Valkrie9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2022 07:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Valkrie9Send a Private Message to Valkrie9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great Idea !
When will the contesting begin ?
Can we make it a date ?
May I suggest a conveniently warm spring day, comfortable to the irate citizens wishing a nice country, good for commerce.
March 25, perhaps ?
Valkrie9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2022 07:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Valkrie9Send a Private Message to Valkrie9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Valkrie9

1478 posts
Member since Jan 2021

Rimshot
Funny, sure.

[This message has been edited by Valkrie9 (edited 05-30-2022).]

Fats

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2022 09:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FatsSend a Private Message to FatsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Define "Living there".

I think we can make our own definitions just like they do.

I self identify as a New Yorker. If you disagree you are racist or something.
Valkrie9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2022 09:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Valkrie9Send a Private Message to Valkrie9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
' You know what's wrong with all you men ? '

December 27, 2002. Stand-up

Live !
From the Repunlic of New York !
rofl !

Reading this again twenty minutes later, I like the ring of that.
' Repunlic of New York ', lol !
A great name for a comedy club, somewhere. lol !

[This message has been edited by Valkrie9 (edited 01-09-2022).]

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2022 09:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Define "Living there".

Define "living".

rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2022 09:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the repunlic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisinle, with linerty and justice for all."
sourmash

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-09-2022 10:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Lol.
I'm glad I left that title as it is now.

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2022 12:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Non citizens voting indeed makes a joke of all of it. A kindergartner could understand that.
TheDigitalAlchemist

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2022 10:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by TheDigitalAlchemist (edited 01-10-2022).]

PFF
System Bot
OldsFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2022 07:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OldsFieroSend a Private Message to OldsFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Define "Living there".

I think we can make our own definitions just like they do.

I self identify as a New Yorker. If you disagree you are racist or something.

From the NYC voter registration site:

"Be a New York City resident for at least 30 days.

Not claim the right to vote elsewhere (outside the City of New York)."

Proof of residency from the NYS registration site:

"Acceptable forms of ID include:

A valid photo ID
A current utility bill
A bank statement
A government check
Some other government documentation that shows your name and address"

Looks like it already happened.

https://apnews.com/article/...61156f5e717b61101247

Says that they can't vote in elections outside of NYC though.

I self identify as a New Yorker. Not sure how not liking to live in cities is racist.

Marc

Valkrie9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2022 10:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Valkrie9Send a Private Message to Valkrie9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

' Say it ain't so ! '
Used to express one's disbelief, disappointment, or grief upon learning some unfortunate truth about someone or something.
A: " You do realize that all the clothes in this store are made by children in sweatshops in third-world countries, right ? "
B: " Say it ain't so! But they offer such good prices, how are we supposed to resist that ? "
!
A: " I just heard that the actor you like was arrested for drug trafficking. "
B: " No, say it ain't so! I always looked up to him as a role model, I can't believe he would be involved with crime like that! "
!
So !
It's true then, America is a Repunlick !
https://vocal.media/geeks/m...iles-of-police-squad

Canadian idiom in the movie Naked Gun by Lt. Frank Drebin ' Nice Beaver ! '

Zeb

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2022 04:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ZebSend a Private Message to ZebEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Proof of residency from the NYS registration site:

"Acceptable forms of ID include:

A valid photo ID
A current utility bill
A bank statement
A government check
Some other government documentation that shows your name and address"

I got it! We all claim to live at TDA's house. We take turns paying his utility bills. That way we have utility bills as "proof" of residence. Opening a bank account is easy, too. Just have the statements sent to TDA's home address. He can forward them to wherever your "vacation" out-of-NY address is.

I'm sure he'd be happy to engage in such shenanigans for free utilities.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2022 04:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
In NYC, the homeless may register to vote, so it should be no problem for the rest of us.
OldsFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2022 08:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OldsFieroSend a Private Message to OldsFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Zeb:

I got it! We all claim to live at TDA's house. We take turns paying his utility bills. That way we have utility bills as "proof" of residence. Opening a bank account is easy, too. Just have the statements sent to TDA's home address. He can forward them to wherever your "vacation" out-of-NY address is.

I'm sure he'd be happy to engage in such shenanigans for free utilities.

Problem. TDA doesn't live in NYC, he lives on Lonnngisland.

Good idea though.

Willie, I'll have to check on that. It wouldn't surprise me.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock