Started on: 12-26-2021 07:39 PM
Replies: 26 (387 views)
Last post by: sourmash on 12-29-2021 01:38 PM
williegoat

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2021 07:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"My Heroes Have Always Been Cowboys" was written by Sharon Vaughn and first recorded by Waylon Jennings in 1976.

This is my cover. I sing and play all of the instruments.

------------------
Let's go Brandon!

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2021 10:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2021 10:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Does Rodney Harrison's opinion include in KC? Anywhere would suggest that. If so, I have my doubts.

Rams
sourmash

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post12-27-2021 01:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pro sports are typically a cancer, but did the Skins already clinch a playoff spot? Because, regular season doesn't matter much after that.
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2021 02:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sourmash:

Pro sports are typically a cancer, but did the Skins already clinch a playoff spot? Because, regular season doesn't matter much after that.

There are many opinions about the NFL, your's is one of them. To my knowledge, there are not "Skins" playing in the NFL.

Rams
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2021 02:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice job, always liked that song.
Not much of an audience for that kind of music out here in CA but it is one of my favorites.
sourmash

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-27-2021 02:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackrams:
There are many opinions about the NFL, your's is one of them. To my knowledge, there are not "Skins" playing in the NFL.
Rams

A man.calling himself a woman doesn't mean he has a vagina.
Political correctness is your position, not mine.

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2021 02:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2021 07:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Not even close, try again.
I assumed you posted "Skins" for a reason. Still trying to instigate I see.

Rams

Valkrie9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2021 09:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Valkrie9Send a Private Message to Valkrie9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A Real Cowboy ? It just popped up.

Check Please !
rotfl !

[This message has been edited by Valkrie9 (edited 03-03-2024).]

maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2021 11:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Pro sports are typically a cancer, but did the Skins already clinch a playoff spot?

No. It was Dallas (11W-4L ) that had just clinched the playoff spot by winning their NFC East Division .. Washington (6W-9L) is still in the hunt for a wildcard spot but mathematically they are given only a 3% chance making it, just a little better than Atlanta's 1% odds

PFF
System Bot
sourmash

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-28-2021 04:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok, thought the tv script said they already had a wildcard spot. Someone here is a Dallas fan and was watching it.
sourmash

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-28-2021 04:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

sourmash

4558 posts
Member since Jul 2016

Not even close, try again.

Rams

Stop creating arguments constantly. I have no idea what the Redskins are called now. Nor care. That's why I called them what I called them.

Just because you repeatedly lose when you challenge me doesn't mean you can act uncivilized at will. Try to elevate to our American heritage.

[This message has been edited by sourmash (edited 12-28-2021).]

blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2021 05:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Stop creating arguments constantly. I have no idea what the Redskins are called now. Nor care. That's why I called them what I called them.

Just because you repeatedly lose when you challenge me doesn't mean you can act uncivilized at will. Try to elevate to our American heritage.

How in the world is advising you there are no "Skins" in the NFL creating an argument?
OMG that's funny. You blame me for simply advising you that there are no "skins"?
There was nothing in that message to get anyone upset and yet you responded with this:

You can call yourself whatever you wish but, there was nothing in my posting suggesting anything about Men calling themselves a Woman nor political correctness. Simply stated there were no "Skins" in the game. Yeah, you're a real winner........

Rams

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 12-28-2021).]

sourmash

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-28-2021 06:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackrams:Not even close, try again.

Rams

Are you lying about it now?
Elevate your behavior to our American heritage of the 1960s.
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2021 07:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Are you lying about it now?
Elevate your behavior to our American heritage of the 1960s.

All the evidence is posted, call it what you will, it really doesn't matter to me.
It pretty obvious who is/was looking for an argument.

Rams
sourmash

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-28-2021 07:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes, you're now lying about it. You didn't even fake an attempt to answer my question.

See the answer by maryjane as an example of not stirring chit while answering.
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2021 07:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yes, you're now lying about it. You didn't even fake an attempt to answer my question.

See the answer by maryjane as an example of not stirring chit while answering.

Your opinion really matters to me.

Rams
rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2021 08:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
One of the subtexts here is the branding of the NFL's District of Columbia franchise, the Washington Football Team--the successors (in terms of branding) to the Washington Redskins of not that long ago.

In much the same vein, MLB's Cleveland franchise will be known as the Cleveland Guardians when the MLB 2022 season gets underway. The Cleveland Indians will be relegated to times past.

Emory University.

So what's that got to do with it?

There was a sports marketing research study, published with the imprimatur of Emory University, that concluded that sports teams were disadvantaging themselves in terms of their following, and financially in terms of revenues, by persisting with mascots and branding based on Native American references and themes.

Keith Olbermann boosted this study by referring to it when he was on TV and expressing his somewhat singularly passionate views on the topic. It's not an easy proposition to analyze, on a strictly empirical basis. Olbermann wasn't concerned with any impacts on sports teams' revenues. He just didn't like that kind of branding.

I'm not going into any depth on this, but I feel prompted to offer some of what I turned up online, with Google, using the search strings SPORTS, TEAMS, STUDY, PROFITABLE and MASCOTS or NAMES.

The Financial Impact of Mascots on Sports Brands
Mike Lewis & Manish Tripathi, Emory University 2013.
https://scholarblogs.emory....ts-on-sports-brands/

Rebranding: The Effect of Team Name Changes on Club Revenue
Agha, N., Goldman, M., & Dixon, J. C. (2016). European Sport Management Quarterly, 16(5), 673-693.
https://repository.usfca.ed...icle=1006&context=sm

What's in a Name: Examining what Sports Team Names Communicate
Bridget Lewis; M.A. Thesis; Liberty University; 2021.
https://digitalcommons.libe...1735&context=masters

Study says MLB teams lose $2.6 million a year by sticking with Native American mascots
Ted Berg for ForTheWin; April 16, 2014.
https://ftw.usatoday.com/20...ive-american-mascots

Do Native American Mascots Actually Cost Their Teams Money?
Mike Lewis & Manish Tripathi for Deadspin; December 19, 2013.
https://deadspin.com/how-va...an-mascot-1486410061

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 12-28-2021).]

randye

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2021 08:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rinselberg:

One of the subtexts here is....

There is no moronic "subtext" here.

It's simply more of your garrulous, incoherent, book length, babbling while attempting to ATTENTION WHORE and turn the thread into a what YOU want to talk about while focusing on YOU.

Just compliment "williegoat" on his musical talent then STFU and move along.

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 12-28-2021).]

sourmash

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-28-2021 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Your opinion really matters to me.Rams

Which is why you're obsessed with regurgitating hate at me on the board everytime I post. You're pwned.
PFF
System Bot
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2021 08:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

"My Heroes Have Always Been Cowboys" was written by Sharon Vaughn and first recorded by Waylon Jennings in 1976.

This is my cover. I sing and play all of the instruments.

While I admit to not knowing much about music, I know what I like, nice job Willie.

Rams

cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2021 09:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Does Rodney Harrison's opinion include in KC?

I dunn no. I do.

The first game of the 2021 season, the Cowboys almost beat the Buccaneers, the Super Bowl champs. Who beat the crap out of the Chiefs.
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2021 10:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:

I dunn no. I do.

The first game of the 2021 season, the Cowboys almost beat the Buccaneers, the Super Bowl champs. Who beat the crap out of the Chiefs.

Cliff, honestly I'd have to go look. I know the Titans kicked KC's butt early in this season. It appears though that they've figured it out now.

Rams

sourmash

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-29-2021 12:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

While I admit to not knowing much about music, I know what I like, nice job Willie.
Rams

Chits on your thread repeatedly. Gets exposed. Tries to suck up afterwards because he might need backup from you while chitting on another post in the future.

[This message has been edited by sourmash (edited 12-29-2021).]

blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2021 01:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Chits on your thread repeatedly. Gets exposed. Tries to suck up afterwards because he might need backup from you while chitting on another post in the future.

Sir,
Even when I try to avoid you and your toxic attitude you come back and want to argue. I surely wish you'd grow up.

Nothing in my original post of this thread was in anyway insulting but, you managed to find a way to go there. I'll do my best to ignore you in the future. May I suggest you attempt that with my posts.

Rams
sourmash

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-29-2021 01:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We both know why you blind-sided me in your original post, instead of responding to the topic of discussion.

You're very transparent.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock