DigitalAlchemists and mem and all by bonaduce
Started on: 11-29-2021 04:54 PM
Replies: 8 (149 views)
Last post by: MidEngineManiac on 11-30-2021 01:33 PM
bonaduce

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2021 04:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bonaduceSend a Private Message to bonaduceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
https://makermade.com/produ...acc=3479062507&hsa_c am=15310760576&hsa_grp=&hsa_ad=&hsa_src=x&hsa_tgt=&hsa_kw=&hsa_mt=&hsa_net=adwords&hsa_ver=3&gclid=Cj0KCQiAkZKNBhDiARIsAPsk0WjXfDiy3RTTth7aDqwZCQHDIja8bNiDvbPEV58Me6xSmx5YJK3qAU8aAu_aEALw_wcB

Was looking at this for something for my hobby, skill level zero w with cad. Seems learnable though.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
MidEngineManiac

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post11-29-2021 05:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Whatchya planning on making ? and what size ?

If its smaller stuff and you dont need the 4x8 size, this thing will give you CNC, laser and printer in one for about the same price

https://shop.snapmaker.com/...r-3-in-1-3d-printers

The string-pull setup seems a little sketchy to me. It's going to stretch and bounce and skitter.

[This message has been edited by MidEngineManiac (edited 11-29-2021).]

IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2021 07:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Highly recommend you just get the basic kit for $550 and build the frame yourself. To pay another $600 for some basic wood frame is absurd.
TheDigitalAlchemist

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2021 10:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi there! Appreciate the name-drop What do you want to make with it?

The snap maker stuff is pretty nice. REALLY nice, design -wise. You will enjoy the build. But only for smallish stuff... If what you want to make is large wooden stuff, there are much better options, depensing on your budget. Glowforge is nice (but pricey)

https://www.maslowcnc.com/

[This message has been edited by TheDigitalAlchemist (edited 11-29-2021).]

TheDigitalAlchemist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2021 10:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TheDigitalAlchemist

12453 posts
Member since Jan 2012

Also... https://www.shopbottools.com/
Just look around, find forums, communities... CNC folks are swell.

And lastly, THIS guy, who made a CNC 3d printer laser engraver, etc... fantastical machine, and... ugh, only has under 20 subscribers?!?

PLEASE, if you are reading this, show some love by subscribing to this guy's channel. I've met him on both coasts, and this guy is just really swell

https://www.youtube.com/cha...IIzdpB_U0Tz0w/videos

ZZZZzzZzzzzZzzzz
bonaduce

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2021 08:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bonaduceSend a Private Message to bonaduceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the replies gents. Main building for it would be Adirondack chairs, I made a set for myself, then some friends, then some of their friends. As I make these to order and I don't use a pattern for the arms and back every chair is slightly different and my skill at cutting strait lines makes them different enough compared to right and left on the same chair. Recently had an arm break for a customer and unable to reproduce the arm going by pictures, and figured something along this line I could at least make them all the same.

dan
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-30-2021 09:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Make a template and cut them with a router. . 50 bucks and done
TheDigitalAlchemist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2021 10:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you didn't want to make your own template, I see many Adirondack chair DWG and other CNC file types online - 10-30 bucks. Some are even free... "adirondack chair cad file"

How much room do ya have?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-87xug29D-s
hmmm around 30 K for that one, I'd stick with the one that hangs...

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-30-2021 01:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ya COULD get some well-trained beavers to gnaw them out for you. Then sit back in a chair with a beer and watch them work.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock