Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  America re-imagined. This is what The New America looks like.

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
America re-imagined. This is what The New America looks like. by sourmash
Started on: 11-29-2021 09:40 AM
Replies: 14 (304 views)
Last post by: rinselberg on 12-07-2021 04:16 PM
sourmash

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post11-29-2021 09:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The New America isn't just full of people who don't legally belong here. It contains people who recognize that responsibility and laws aren't part of the plan. Together the radical groups will be allowed to vote for the destruction of America. Might as well, because they can't successfully maintain it anyway.

https://www.cracknewz.com/2...ender-roles.html?m=1

Robbing, Stabbing, Looting, and Shooting! Army of Thieves Ransack Numerous Retailers Across America Throughout Thanksgiving Week Security Guard Shot Dead
Groups of looters ransacked shopping centers and retailers around the country throughout Thanksgiving week following last weekend’s full-fledged stealing bonanza in California’s Bay Area.

A Sunglass Hut at the Del Monte shopping center in Monterey, California, was hit by a group of four on Friday, who stole an estimated $30,000 in sunglasses, police confirmed to KSBW.

Groups of looters ransacked shopping centers and retailers around the country throughout Thanksgiving week following last weekend’s full-fledged stealing bonanza in California’s Bay Area.

Store Manager Shauna Weirich said the bandits were in and out within two minutes.

“They just knew what to do,” she said per KSBW. “No rhyme or reason for it they just knew what to do, when to do it and how to get the most out of what they were doing.”

The same day, a group of eight between the ages of 15 and 20, stole crowbars, hammers, and other tools from a Lakewood, California, Home Depot, according to Fox 11, citing the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department. They made off with an estimated $400 in tools.

“We tried to stop them,” Home Depot employee Luis Romo told FOX 11. “We closed the front entrance and they put their sledgehammers up and whoever got in the way, they were going to hurt them.”

Fox 11 reports:

The suspects all fled the store in getaway vehicles parked outside. According to the sheriff’s department, one of the getaway vehicles was a red Mercedes Benz with severe damage to the front. The department says possibly 10 vehicles were involved.

Around 9 p.m. Friday, officers with the Beverly Hills Police Department spotted several vehicles with no license plates near Beverly Dr. and Dayton Way. Thy [sic] conducted a traffic stop on one of the vehicles; the four occupants were taken into custody.

They were booked at the Lakewood Sheriff’s Station and items among the alleged stolen property were recovered, Lakewood city officials said Saturday.

Crimes were not isolated to the Golden State. Two mobs of looters ransacked multiple Best Buys in metro Minnesota on Friday night, according to the Star Tribune.

Both of the ransackings took place shortly after 8:00 p.m. Police say a mob of 20 to 30 people rampaged through the Burnsville Best Buy, while a group of ten to 12 that included both juveniles and adults hit the Maplewood store, according to the Star Tribune.

No injuries were reported, and no one was arrested as of Saturday.

More looting was documented in the midwest on Black Friday. Three men reportedly waltzed into a Chicago Foot Locker, filled trash bags with merchandise, and fled the area, according to NBC Chicago, citing a WBBM-TV report.

Though Black Friday brought numerous group thefts throughout the country, looting had been prevalent throughout the days leading up to Black Friday.

On Wednesday, a group of thieves reportedly stole designer handbags from a Nordstrom in the Westfield Topanga mall in Canoga Park in Los Angeles, according to Fox 11. The looters made off with an estimated $25,000 in merchandise.

An incident that left a security guard dead while he was protecting a KRON news crew:

The victim’s name is Kevin Nishita, and he left behind his wife, two children, and three grandchildren. Nishita was an armed security guard for Star Protection Agency and was a former policeman.

The outlet said, “The KRON4 crew was covering a story on Wednesday about a recent robbery where 12 thieves wearing masks and hoods raided a clothing store on the 300 block of 14th Street,” adding that at 12:20 p.m. Wednesday, an assailant attempted to steal KRON4’s camera equipment, according to police.”

Nishita was shot in his lower abdomen and later succumbed to his injuries.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2021 11:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I considered getting some of my Fiero friends together, removing the license tags from our Fieros and doing this at our local fudge store. Surely, no one would recognize such a blend in vehicle or would they? But, the plan failed to come together when I realized most of our folks wouldn't grab and run but would want to taste test each flavor...................

Rams

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2021 07:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hang on to that 2nd amendment, its going to matter more and more as time goes on.
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2021 08:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

he same day, a group of eight between the ages of 15 and 20, stole crowbars, hammers, and other tools from a Lakewood, California, Home Depot, according to Fox 11, citing the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department. They made off with an estimated $400 in tools.

“We tried to stop them,” Home Depot employee Luis Romo told FOX 11. “We closed the front entrance and they put their sledgehammers up and whoever got in the way, they were going to hurt them.”

Dumbasses.
$400 ain't nothin.
There was a goldmine just a few aisles down, in the lumber area...
rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2021 12:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"Free America, Smart America, Real America, and Just (as in justice) America"

The four "Americas" as recently described by George Packer. So who's George Packer? Here's a "breadcrumb" :

George Packer is a staff writer at The Atlantic. He is the author of Last Best Hope: America in Crisis and Renewal, Our Man: Richard Holbrooke and the End of the American Century, The Unwinding: An Inner History of the New America, and The Assassins’ Gate: America in Iraq.

"How America Fractured Into Four Parts"

People in the United States no longer agree on the nation’s purpose, values, history, or meaning. Is reconciliation possible?
George Packer for The Atlantic; July/August 2021.
https://www.theatlantic.com...our-americas/619012/

When I saw this Pennock's forum topic, I saw an opening for an article that I've been "stockpiling" for several months, waiting for an opportune moment to promote it.

It's an essay of size and substance, and has that literary sheen that marks it (IMO) as a viable candidate for many a Suggested Reading List in classrooms, on campus or online, across the broad expanse of Academic America.

EXCERPT

The 1970s ended postwar, bipartisan, middle-class America, and with it the two relatively stable narratives of getting ahead and the fair shake. In their place, four rival narratives have emerged, four accounts of America’s moral identity. They have roots in history, but they are shaped by new ways of thinking and living. They reflect schisms on both sides of the divide that has made us two countries, extending and deepening the lines of fracture. Over the past four decades, the four narratives have taken turns exercising influence. They overlap, morph into one another, attract and repel one another. None can be understood apart from the others, because all four emerge from the same whole.

HOW IT ENDS

It’s common these days to hear people talk about sick America, dying America, the end of America. The same kinds of things were said in 1861, in 1893, in 1933, and in 1968. The sickness, the death, is always a moral condition. Maybe this comes from our Puritan heritage. If we are dying, it can’t be from natural causes. It must be a prolonged act of suicide, which is a form of murder.

I don’t think we are dying. We have no choice but to live together—we’re quarantined as fellow citizens. Knowing who we are lets us see what kinds of change are possible. Countries are not social-science experiments. They have organic qualities, some positive, some destructive, that can’t be wished away. Our passion for equality, the individualism it produces, the hustle for money, the love of novelty, the attachment to democracy, the distrust of authority and intellect—these won’t disappear. A way forward that tries to evade or crush them on the road to some free, smart, real, or just utopia will never arrive and instead will run into a strong reaction. But a way forward that tries to make us Equal Americans, all with the same rights and opportunities—the only basis for shared citizenship and self-government—is a road that connects our past and our future.

Meanwhile, we remain trapped in two countries. Each one is split by two narratives—Smart and Just on one side, Free and Real on the other. Neither separation nor conquest is a tenable future. The tensions within each country will persist even as the cold civil war between them rages on.

Read-o-Meter calculates that an average reader would need almost a full hour (57 minutes) to read this magazine-length "bad boy" attentively from top to bottom.

"Mission Accomplished"

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 11-30-2021).]

sourmash

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post11-30-2021 08:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I quit at the statement that countries aren't a social science experiment and can't be washed away.

That's exactly what is going on right here, right now. It's going on in all Western countries.
Wichita

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2021 12:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sisgender Biden brats who can blame the white patriarchy as the reason to justify their behaviors and claim it is culturally legal, because its media accepted reparations.
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2021 12:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
CA state law that stealing merchandise worth $950 or less is just a misdemeanor

So now "shoplifters" are hitting these stores. But in my eyes if there is a coordinated act then its not shoplifting, its conspiracy to commit a crime. Also these groups of people that hit one store, the total should be added up and that should be the charge. If someone is hurt then all of them are responsible. If one of them threatens someone then they should all be charged.
But CA doesn't want to deal with anything...
williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2021 01:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Aw, come on guys...they're just undocumented shoppers.
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2021 03:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

Aw, come on guys...they're just undocumented shoppers.

Does this mean you might consider the Fudge Caper?

Rams
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2021 12:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jake_Dragon:

CA state law that stealing merchandise worth $950 or less is just a misdemeanor.

So now "shoplifters" are hitting these stores. But in my eyes if there is a coordinated act then it's not shoplifting, It's conspiracy to commit a crime. Also these groups of people that hit one store, the total should be added up and that should be the charge. If someone is hurt then all of them are responsible. If one of them threatens someone then they should all be charged.

But CA doesn't want to deal with anything.

It's not just California. This new report cites Shoplifting Flash Mobs and other Organized Shoplifting cases in Minnesota, Pennsylvania, Texas, Georgia and North Carolina, and those are just the cases that this report singles out.

This is, if not a "deep dive" into this kind of shoplifting, certainly a "medium depth dive." I can't imagine that anyone could look at this report and not see something that they are not already aware of.

"Thefts, Always an Issue for Retailers, Become More Brazen"

In recent months, robberies have been more visible, with several involving large groups rushing into stores and coming out with armloads of goods.
Michael Corkery and Sapna Maheshwari for the New York Times; December 3, 2021.
https://www.nytimes.com/202...robberies-theft.html

The venerable Read-o-Meter says "9 minutes."

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 12-04-2021).]

PFF
System Bot
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2021 03:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rinselberg:

(a quote that Rinselberg quoted)

"People in the United States no longer agree on the nation’s purpose, values, history, or meaning."

This is what bothers me. Who are "these people?" Our values are stated in the declaration of independence, and it quite clearly states what it means, and what our values are. These are non-negotiable, and they're not up for interpretation either.

At my last job, my colleague was an avowed Communist. He truly believed that Communism is where we need to be. Of course, he has no idea what this really means, but I blame radical leftist indoctrination. I know you and I don't agree on too much, but I know you would agree with me that Communism is really NOT where we need to be. So how did we get here? How did we get to this point in America where almost 1/3rd of Democrats prefer Communism over a free-market society?
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2021 05:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:

This is what bothers me. Who are "these people?" Our values are stated in the declaration of independence, and it quite clearly states what it means, and what our values are. These are non-negotiable, and they're not up for interpretation either.

At my last job, my colleague was an avowed Communist. He truly believed that Communism is where we need to be. Of course, he has no idea what this really means, but I blame radical leftist indoctrination. I know you and I don't agree on too much, but I know you would agree with me that Communism is really NOT where we need to be. So how did we get here? How did we get to this point in America where almost 1/3rd of Democrats prefer Communism over a free-market society?

"How did we get here?" This is what that article in The Atlantic is trying to explain. How we have arrived at this juncture, where the author of this article can make the case that the U.S. has fractured, internally, into what are essentially 4 different "Americas".

I have a confession to make: I've only browsed the article. Brought it up on several different occasions and looked at just one part of it or another, but I have not tried to read it attentively from beginning to end, in a single read through. Even if I had done this, I would still need to go back to the article and review it, before trying to offer any thoughtful response of my own to the question of "How did we get here?"

It would take any of us close to an entire hour to read it attentively, from top to bottom, in one big "read."

Let "Insta-Scroll" take you back instantly to the previous message in this thread, to help make sense of this message.
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/.../HTML/127110.html#p4

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 12-06-2021).]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2021 12:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:

Well said. Abandoning principles is a large part of how we got here.
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2021 04:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This magazine article that I've been "plugging" so much was written with this exact forum topic in mind. It's all about "How did we get to this point?" in and across these 50 United "but not so much, of late" United States.

Just back up to the previous message here from me--the message before the message before this one.

Anyone else that's reading this is likely not a paid subscriber of The Atlantic, but I think "you" might get it as a "freebie" if you click on the link that I posted.

There's no single sentence or paragraph that can explain "How did we get to this point?" That's why I'm not putting any quoted text here from the article.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 12-07-2021).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock