Started on: 11-23-2021 09:32 PM
Replies: 28 (409 views)
Last post by: ls3mach on 07-13-2022 10:27 PM
ls3mach

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 226
Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2021 09:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a friend who is under employed. He makes 75k in Oklahoma, so not broke. He wants to storm at a large corporation, but has no degree. He is easolt overqualified. He isn't great with his personal finances and has no college
To get the job he'd need to make more he needs the paper. I could forge it. No government logo only makes it a fireable offense, but he can't risk not being able to go back to his current job.

Online colleges really looking for money more than actually doing anything? Anyone have any experience with this type of suspect crap? I'll front the money for him, as I said he's bad at money. I just need it to hold mustard if ever questioned

He's my parents age, so he's been able to get by with no extra education. He has more experience than me and I can't even hire him. I don't even use my degree, but that useless piece of parchment was all it took.

PM if you don't want to broadcast some shady stuff.

MJ. I need a new pair of "work" boots. I wear khaki slacks and my Doc Martin's split on me and they were only like $200 so probably not worth resole even if I knew a place that did. I had some Justin's that i don't think were anything special either. I like steel toe, but composite is fine. I want Ariat, but I'm a coonass not a cowboy and I thought you werent too happy with your last pair. I was going to get fitted for Red Wing, but I read they aren't even USA anymore. Keep in mind I walk or stand. No real labor. As I said, I'll be wearing them with khaki slacks.

Thanks all. Enjoy your holidays.

Boot question doesn't have to be Don. Really anyone is fine. Keep in mind no real labor, but could be up to a marathon of walking in a day. At my cadence my mile is 1900 steps roughly and I have had as many as 53k a day. 13EE foot size. I wanted to try wider on my last pair, but I was worried my feet would get used to all that extra width and I'd be ruined for the future. No real budget. USA preferred. Comfort is key.

[This message has been edited by ls3mach (edited 11-23-2021).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
ls3mach

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2021 10:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry for typos. I'm too cheap to fix my phone screen. I get anything from Zappos virtually free, but I'll go out of pocket. I bought a pair of $40 insoles from there and they flat out suck. The safety shoes I got from there were ESD and like 2 boards on your feet even with insoles.

I was told the insoles you heat up to fit your foot only exacerbate my already poor habits. No clue if I have high, low, fallen, whatever arches. I rock flops or barefoot otherwise.

I am sure I'm immortal (we all remember the 50 caliber incident) so I need the years I do have to be comfortable.
TheDigitalAlchemist

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2021 10:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I remember Doc Martins back in the 80's - Friend of mine always wore them. "Acid proof sole" or whatever. Stitched. Steel toe. Broke my leg on one of them, once while playing football. Those boots lasted forever. I think they started gluing them and had fake stitching around the sole. Those fell apart quick.

I went to online school during one of my jobs back in the day because the job agreed to pay for half. The classes were legit. But they were computer-related. I know others who have had negative experiences with some classes, but if a piece of paper gets you a "better" job, it's worth the investment (as long as you aren't taking out a loan)

Hope you (and all the other smelly people here) have a very nice and safe and "non-virally" remainder of the year, and are able to be with loved ones and such.

oops, Did I type "smelly"? I meant to type "FRIENDLY (and smelly)"

Heh
TheDigitalAlchemist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2021 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TheDigitalAlchemist

12453 posts
Member since Jan 2012

Originally posted by ls3mach:

I am sure I'm immortal (we all remember the 50 caliber incident) so I need the years I do have to be comfortable.

Wait, didn't you shoot yourself in the heiny?

The local CVS has a machine you stand on and it tells you what (exensive) insole you can buy. But I use the Dr. Scholes "Hey you -you're a fatso, wear THESE, ya fatso" insoles (for those above 200 LBS) they make my flat feet feel nice and not horrible.
rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2021 10:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
UCSC Silicon Valley Extension (San Jose, California)
https://www.ucsc-extension.edu/

Many of the courses are offered online:
https://www.ucsc-extension.edu/courses/

Certifications, but not Degrees
https://www.ucsc-extension.edu/certificates/

I don't know if someone could online-course their way all the way to a Certification without ever going onto the campus itself.

I completed a number of their courses in the computer science and software engineering regimes. At least one, online. I never visited the campus for that one.
Hudini

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2021 03:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here is a link comparing "cheap" boots. Cheap is relative as $200 ain't cheap in my book.

https://www.youtube.com/wat...=Yb8CK_lqe9o&t=1013s

ls3mach

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2021 06:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
To clarify it's a logistics type job. Nothing IT. All my IT certs are mostly expired. Money stopped being worth it years ago. I can go knock out 6 figures selling stainless, FedEx is hiring at $30.09 and home daily. Friend drives her own truck pulling down decent money. This guy has 1 skill it's all he's ever done. Personally I'd just alter mine, but he's worried he'll get found out.

$200 for work shoes doesn't really seem a lot when your walking or standing all day. I mostly oversee things but one of their facilities is over 2 million sqft. I knock down 10k steps before 10AM. After the GSW I stared jogging. I can knock out a 5k in easily under 30 in full work attire otherwise around 20 minutes. I'm only 5'10" and hover around 200lbs. 175 I look weird. We all call it skinny fat. 275 was my heaviest ever. Never again.

I still sell stainless, but I'm on the sidelines. This job would pay for his schooling and start him close to his current wage, but he's a gaywad and too scared. He'd take a 10k cut, but perks and benefits easily would outweigh that. He's not a big picture guy, probably why if he joined he'd be working for me instead.

I'll check your spot Hudini.

PS. Don't tell Roger I'm not/nor ever working at Best Buy. He's made 3 million over 70 years of life and whew that's a lot rofl.
ls3mach

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2021 06:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

ls3mach

11603 posts
Member since Mar 2002

Originally posted by Hudini:

Here is a link comparing "cheap" boots. Cheap is relative as $200 ain't cheap in my book.

https://www.youtube.com/wat...=Yb8CK_lqe9o&t=1013s

20 minutes man? Did you watch it? Can I get the quick and easy? I just wish articles were written again. I read fast.
ls3mach

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2021 06:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

ls3mach

11603 posts
Member since Mar 2002

Originally posted by TheDigitalAlchemist:

Wait, didn't you shoot yourself in the heiny?

You mind your business and worry about your own booty.

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post11-24-2021 09:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've got a pair of these and they are good all day when I need to wear them (not that often anymore really), plus I have a pair of Dr. Schoels gell inserts in them. A little spendy but they are comfortable and will probably last me the rest of my life.

https://www.marks.com/en/da...01519%5Bwidth%5D=WID
Hudini

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2021 04:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

20 minutes man? Did you watch it? Can I get the quick and easy? I just wish articles were written again. I read fast.

He provides graphs of how they stack up safety wise but all met the OSHA safety toe standard. What I do is scroll until I see a graph and then freeze frame to read the graph. No need to watch each test. If you scroll to the end he shows a graph of "comfort" which he admits is highly subjective.
PFF
System Bot
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2021 05:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Both of my Masters Degrees were/are online, and both from well-known reputable universities. The key is to start with that. It depends on what he wants though... I know you said no IT and in logistics... so he should try to get a degree from a university that specializes in that (or is known for that), which /also/ offers an online program.

I don't want to insult anyone, but I'm not really a fan of those specifically online degree programs... like DeVry, SNHU, or Keiser or something like that. I am not saying those degrees aren't ok, but also /anyone/ can get them. They have a very low bar for admissions, and honestly... people do look at that.

Only one of my degrees is from a Top-10 university, but my associates, undergrad and my first Masters degree are all from relatively unknown universities. For my undergrad, if you weren't from Florida, you probably have never heard of this Catholic University. My associates was a community college, and unless you are in the NAVY and deal with communications and / or cryptography, you've probably never heard of my graduate university.

But... I think having a relatively unknown, but QUALITY university, is still better than having a university that's well-known for pumping out degrees with a low bar-requirement.

At the end of the day, the degree needs to be "regionally" accredited, otherwise it's garbage. The "nationally" accredited universities are literally the opposite of what they sound. National accreditation is basically not accepted or recognized. So that's a MUST.

Other than that, the online degrees I've taken were fantastic.

My undergrad offered a hybrid and online course, but I took all the classes in person so I could sit with the class... I just preferred it that way. My associates, there was no such thing as online at the time.
ls3mach

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2021 01:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mike, I think I'm looking for more of the cowboy boot type look. I don't think I want laces. It's going to be worn solely with slacks. I'm 5'10 and 32" inseam, but wouldn't mind a bit of a heel. If I was doing real labor I think those would be more my speed.

Todd, he legit just needs the paper. The scrutiny will be minimal. I didn't even give my transcripts. If he was better with finances he wouldn't have a problem taking a pay cut for 6-12 months. Not even a major one. I'm not willing to cover the difference, we've been friends over half my life, but I didn't dig his hole.

I don't have a masters. Years ago in bad economy i was hiring people for $10 jobs with masters. 2005-07 maybe. I can't recall. Their degree meant nothing, but if they didn't take the job hunger would strike. We weren't being stingy, that was all the job was worth.

Side note.
I haven't ate McDonald's in YEARS. I just spent $13 on a combo. TF?

$16 on very similar burger and fry deal at a locally owned and sourced placed two weeks ago.

I'll be buying mooches half priced food stamps before long it seems. I rarely eat out anyway.

That's in jest. I'm not doing anything illegal.

Here if you don't have a job, you don't want one. 3 years ago in Louisiana a guy was insulted I wouldn't accept his $12 sales job in a field I'd been making 6 figures elsewhere.
ls3mach

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2021 02:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

ls3mach

11603 posts
Member since Mar 2002
Mike. Just wanted to reiterate those look really decent, I just don't think I'm working the kind of work those are for. I'm a function over form guy, but when I toss slacks on instead of khaki shorts. I'm not going to do a drop of dirty work. It's standing and walking. I do own work pants (no jeans) I just don't work like that really very often. I did do an audit of a "skilled labor job" last year though. These or muckers would've been great!

My audit turned out wild too. It was stop hiring daily laborers that you pick up after the free meal at homeless alliance and expecting real work. $8/hr paid daily. That's enough to get them by for a few days. No kidding they rarely show twice in a row or ever.

It also resulted in a job offer for me and while the benefits were dang decent, it was a hard pass.

Heck I rebuilt a door for a buddy in khaki shorts, black polo and flops or barefoot, until I decided I didn't need a shirt either. Dang nice job. Hev wanted 5" screws as an expert told him it was a must. I explained. 1 it's solid core. 2. It has 3 very shallow steps. 4 it's an old home and the only way that helps is if you do the hinge side too and that might mean replacing the door. 5. It has glass panes and the door has an alarm sensor. I know because I installed it. Criminals aren't bright, but kicking a door in is MUCH louder than popping a window.
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2021 01:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Todd, he legit just needs the paper. The scrutiny will be minimal. I didn't even give my transcripts. If he was better with finances he wouldn't have a problem taking a pay cut for 6-12 months. Not even a major one. I'm not willing to cover the difference, we've been friends over half my life, but I didn't dig his hole.

I don't have a masters. Years ago in bad economy i was hiring people for $10 jobs with masters. 2005-07 maybe. I can't recall. Their degree meant nothing, but if they didn't take the job hunger would strike. We weren't being stingy, that was all the job was worth.

Side note.
I haven't ate McDonald's in YEARS. I just spent $13 on a combo. TF?

Totally understand, I'm in a computer-oriented degree program. It's a lot like medical in the perspective that there's so many different specializations. I got my undergrad in software engineering. GREAT... that means I have a paper that says I can program computers and write software. But then /other than/ my experience in cyber security, the Masters degree in cyber security I have reaffirms that I meet at least a minimum standard in that aspect as well. The masters degree is usually meant to set yourself apart from whatever your bachelors is, or to build upon it (at least in the computer-industry).

But yeah, if he just needs the paper and truly doesn't care... maybe go for the easiest. I am just apprehensive about those degree mills. I know when I look at resumes, I do pass judgement when I see them. If they don't have other skill or experience that sets them above someone else from another / different school... I will usually pass on that person.

When I worked at McDonalds in 1994, the Double Quarter Pounder meal in Fairfax County was $2.99 before tax, and $3.21 with tax... amazing how bad inflation has become. Even just two years ago... it was maybe $5 something.
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2021 04:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I can't help ya with the boots. I have not worn any work boot that was not lace up since my early Marine aviation days.
My preference for the last 4 decades is real nib surplus military. 'Jungle boot' type. Light, durable, comfortable. I wear them here and wore them for 7 years working in a plant 8-10 hrs/day 5-6 days/week on concrete floors. Bellvilles. For the price, I just buy a new pair when the heels/soles wear down. At my age, comfort is more important to me than appearance or longevity. Danner is a good boot but they don't last as long s bellvilles and they tend to run small for size.
I haven't worn steel toes in many years.

Cowboy boots are, always have been and always will be Tony Lamas for me.
It's like wearing an extra skin. My current pair are over 10 years old and have been resoled/reheeled x2 both times because the left heel wears down due to the way my left leg kicks out when I walk.. tissue damage to that leg from snakebite and vein harvest.

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 11-28-2021).]

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post11-28-2021 06:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Past 7 years I've been in some places where the heaviest thing I am lifting is a screwdriver, and safety footwear is still required. We dont have curbside garbage here, I haul it myself, and one of the places requires them to unload the truck. THATS changing Jan 1st and finally we are getting a weekly pick-up.

The 8-inch lace-up passes inspection without a problem anywhere, it keeps life simple.
theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2021 04:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For topic...
many to most "Online colleges" and other "schools" are scams.
You pay but find can't use "degrees" certs etc anywhere and can't transfer credits to another "school" either.

So dig thru a school data before spending money.

Even then many "schools" have closed w/ No warning taking all money with them.
Forget the name but some "tec school" in Philly stole money from new student that way last year.

Online from "real" accredited schools, if they even offer this, often costs a lot. Most almost same $ as attending on campus. (Minus dorm and food fees.)
Many still offer online class only for some things and not others forcing you to attend classes on campus to get a degree.

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave

TheDigitalAlchemist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2021 08:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not a fan of pure online for most professions - you need to "put your hands on the patient". I remember watching a kid open a computer case and just yank out the video card to swap it...with the power runnin'. Was about to slip a new card in when I tossed something at him and made with a "Heyyyy!".
ls3mach

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2021 09:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TheDigitalAlchemist:

Not a fan of pure online for most professions - you need to "put your hands on the patient". I remember watching a kid open a computer case and just yank out the video card to swap it...with the power runnin'. Was about to slip a new card in when I tossed something at him and made with a "Heyyyy!".

My baby cousin threw up in an electrical outlet once and I made him replace it with the breaker on, but this...
ls3mach

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2021 08:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

I can't help ya with the boots. I have not worn any work boot that was not lace up since my early Marine aviation days.
My preference for the last 4 decades is real nib surplus military. 'Jungle boot' type. Light, durable, comfortable. I wear them here and wore them for 7 years working in a plant 8-10 hrs/day 5-6 days/week on concrete floors. Bellvilles. For the price, I just buy a new pair when the heels/soles wear down. At my age, comfort is more important to me than appearance or longevity. Danner is a good boot but they don't last as long s bellvilles and they tend to run small for size.
I haven't worn steel toes in many years.

Cowboy boots are, always have been and always will be Tony Lamas for me.
It's like wearing an extra skin. My current pair are over 10 years old and have been resoled/reheeled x2 both times because the left heel wears down due to the way my left leg kicks out when I walk.. tissue damage to that leg from snakebite and vein harvest.

Lamas don't seem to be a thing I can get with EXTREME discount. Apparently 13 EE is more common than I realized. I have 2 tennis shoe style. New Balance and just got Carhart ones I haven't worn. The New Balance 589? Kind of gay as far as comfort. I've torn through 2 sets of insoles. Which also suck. Blew out my Docs sole, so probably get them repaired. Ordering a par of Ariat as soon as I can find the size.
PFF
System Bot
hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2022 01:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Lamas don't seem to be a thing I can get with EXTREME discount. Apparently 13 EE is more common than I realized. I have 2 tennis shoe style. New Balance and just got Carhart ones I haven't worn. The New Balance 589? Kind of gay as far as comfort. I've torn through 2 sets of insoles. Which also suck. Blew out my Docs sole, so probably get them repaired. Ordering a par of Ariat as soon as I can find the size.

I have been using the 990 series of New Balance shoes for more that 30 years and they are the most comfortable ones that I have ever wore in this style line. They are also quite durable as well as somewhat reasonably priced.

Nelson
ls3mach

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2022 05:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hnthomps:
I have been using the 990 series of New Balance shoes for more that 30 years and they are the most comfortable ones that I have ever wore in this style line. They are also quite durable as well as somewhat reasonably priced.

Nelson

The new Carhartt rubbed a blister in under 2 miles and made me bleed.
ls3mach

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2022 08:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hnthomps:

Nelson

Looked into these, don't appear to be safety (specifically composite toe). $185 for shoes isn't my issue, it's that I will never end up wearing them. I am a flops and barefoot guy. I have probably 5 boxes of Sam's closeout sneakers. Typically NB or Sketchers. I burn through them when I jog inside a month and throw them out. Sketchers are SUPER comfortable with all the cushion. I am not exactly small and walk hard. 5'10 ~195-215. I burn through insoles in no time. I dig with my toes and my ball I guess. $20 a month when jogging isn't a bank breaker to me as I'll knock down a fistful of 5K in a week. Working though is a few 5Ks a day sometimes.

I bought insoles from Walgreens (their brand) $15. I haven't had them a month. Right is already squeaky. I haven't checked wear, but they'll be honoring that 100% guarantee. I kept the receipt and package.

If my pardner can't or won't wear these new ones that gave me a blister and foot bleed in under 30 minutes (less than 2 miles) I will be sending them back. Are Carhartt boots worth a damn? Nice set I am super digging, just under $200.
PK

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2022 05:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PKSend a Private Message to PKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ariat .... Named after the racehorse SecretARIAT.

Used to be very decent quality boots with excellent customer service. ..... Now crap quality and customer service to match the product.

Steel

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2022 07:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SteelSend a Private Message to SteelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know a woman, my wife went to High School with, that's received a Bachelor degree in 'Web Development' from Baker college, all online. It is an accredited online college and I believe she was receiving student loans for the last year of the courses as she'd stopped working to complete the 120+ credit hours in 3 years instead of 4. She now works for a pretty large company and keeps their site(s) updated and handles the back-end as well.. they have multiple people handling their online stores and updating their app. She makes really decent money, I was surprised to be honest..

[This message has been edited by Steel (edited 01-08-2022).]

cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2022 09:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:
I have not worn any work boot that was not lace up since my early Marine aviation days.
My preference for the last 4 decades is real nib surplus military. 'Jungle boot' type. Light, durable, comfortable. I wear them here and wore them for 7 years working in a plant 8-10 hrs/day 5-6 days/week on concrete floors. Bellvilles.

Since my early oilfield days, nothing but pull on Redwing "Pecos" steel toed boots. Now about $240.00 a pair but they last forever, and look good. More of a biker's look in brown but a little bit dressy, manly. Comfortable. Waterproof.

Made in the USA.
theBDub

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2022 09:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If he needs the education, those degree farms won’t cut it.

If he just needs the paper, the company can make an exception.

My team technically requires a degree, but if I had a good candidate I’d fight with HR on it until they were hired. I can’t imagine a company so rigid that they can’t get around it, unless it’s regulatory, in which case the degree mill probably doesn’t cut it anyway.
ls3mach

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2022 10:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Finally chose boots.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock