Started on: 11-18-2021 04:41 PM
Replies: 7 (225 views)
Last post by: 2.5 on 11-19-2021 12:00 PM
TheDigitalAlchemist

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2021 04:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was following Will Smith on Instagram.

He would often post some funny shorts with some occasional special effects. He showed off his fat tummy and said he was gonna lose 20 lbs in 20 weeks. I said, ok Will, I'm down, I'll do that too.

He started posting stuff, and found myself 10 lbs lighter after 8 weeks. I also found myself wanting to unfollow him, and I did. Because he was totally doing that "Living my best life" type of stuff. It was just rubbin' me the wrong way.

It's bad when supposedly motivating stuff makes you feel very much the opposite.

Found myself hitting major walls with a bunch of projects and stuff was going on in RL. found myself feelin' burnt out. was working on a video regarding that topic with some other folks and half of them dropped out because they were feeling burnt out.
Got an email and one of the links was to Will's video series and it turns out the HE got burnt out in the middle of doing it.

Now, it may all be part of the show (to promote his new book), but it was just kinda interesting.

Catchin' up with him, seems interesting so far.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9WDEFtSU_M

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
randye

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2021 09:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TheDigitalAlchemist:

Now, it may all be part of the show (to promote his new book),.....

If you are looking for "reality" by following an entertainment celebrity you're looking in the wrong places.

Nearly EVERYTHING a celebrity says and does for the public consumption is:

1. Carefully orchestrated, scripted, rehearsed and preplanned.

2. Meant to promote the celebrity's positive public image.

3. Designed to enhance that celebrity's income.

4. Designed to increase the popularity and followership of that celebrity.

5. Almost guaranteed to be partially or completely FALSE.

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 11-18-2021).]

TheDigitalAlchemist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2021 11:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by randye:

If you are looking for "reality" by following an entertainment celebrity you're looking in the wrong places.

Nearly EVERYTHING a celebrity says and does for the public consumption is:

1. Carefully orchestrated, scripted, rehearsed and preplanned.

2. Meant to promote the celebrity's positive public image.

3. Designed to enhance that celebrity's income.

4. Designed to increase the popularity and followership of that celebrity.

5. Almost guaranteed to be partially or completely FALSE.

Wait, so you mean he DIDN'T save humanity from the Aliens?

Oh snap!

Maybe I should look for better heros... like our next president elect, THE ROCK! HEH

[This message has been edited by TheDigitalAlchemist (edited 11-18-2021).]

maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2021 02:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A bald prez, that wears a hair net in the kitchen?

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 11-19-2021).]

MidEngineManiac

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post11-19-2021 03:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I avoid those self-help/self-improvement/motivational types like the plague....for my own well-being.

They irritate me so badly that I go from calm to "I'll rip your liver out" in about 0 seconds flat. It's almost an allergic reaction to their BS.
LitebulbwithaFiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2021 08:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LitebulbwithaFieroSend a Private Message to LitebulbwithaFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Wait, so you mean he DIDN'T save humanity from the Aliens?

Oh snap!

Maybe I should look for better heros... like our next president elect, THE ROCK! HEH

He endorsed Joe Biden
TheDigitalAlchemist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2021 08:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That hair net line got a laugh outta me- Actually sat down and watched that movie last night. Haven’t watched a movie in awhile. Ryan Reynolds was a bit much a few times, and there was a moment when I realized that no one was dying, and it’s all very silly. Maybe that’s why the fight scene just bored me.. The scaffold scene, for instance…I was just “ok lemme know when it’s over.

The Porsche chase scene actually surprised me. Hah that was great

The Rocl supported Biden because he wanted Trump to challenge him in the ring.

Now THAT would be entertaining- political battle royal . Want to be the next governor? Step into the ring, boy!

Have a show where the %1 Hafta compete to survive, instead of all the other series/movies about the same old sheetround bottom-feeder competitions.

Didn’t make it through the movie, they just opened the thingie in the jungle…maybe tonight…ZzzzZzzz

They should make an Avenger exercise series…

Give ya 20 million and you just work out all day and get sweaty… heh

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2021 12:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

.. I also found myself wanting to unfollow him, and I did. Because he was totally doing that "Living my best life" type of stuff. It was just rubbin' me the wrong way.

It's bad when supposedly motivating stuff makes you feel very much the opposite.

You are right it is.
At least you are aware of your choices. Alot of people filter out advice because they cant even get to a point of thinking about things theyd rather ignore.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock