Songs that remind you of other songs by 2.5
Started on: 11-08-2021 04:28 PM
Replies: 4 (92 views)
Last post by: sourmash on 11-09-2021 09:30 AM

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2021 04:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
..but which?

The "chorus" of this song reminds me of the sound of another song, I like it, but cant remember which song it reminds me of.

Referring the the part beginning at :59 min mark for example.

How bout you , have a song that fits this thread's theme?

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 11-08-2021).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
TheDigitalAlchemist

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2021 06:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yeah, man, I have tons that I come across and they sound REALLY similar and then I go digging a little and I find out they were sampled from another song, or use the same chord progressions, or vocal patterns or the same particular keyboard or drum samples or what have you...
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2021 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ya mean like Judy in Disguise with Glasses/Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds?

(Actually, John Fred's song always reminds me a little of The Association's Windy

Golden Earring's Radar Love brings memories of...The Box Tops and their big hit reminds me of Midnight Confessions

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 11-08-2021).]

williegoat

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2021 08:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Two songs that always remind me of each other, not because they sound alike, but because they both evoke similar images in my mind, they have similar subject matter; Arlo Guthrie's "City of New Orleans" and Simon and Garfunkel's "America".

Both are great songs.

I usually don't care what a song is about, to me it's all about the music, but these two touch me deeply.

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 11-08-2021).]

sourmash

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post11-09-2021 09:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Chili Peppers' song Dani California sounds like a blatant rip of Tom Petty's Last Dance with Mary Jane. Even the theme of the song is a rip.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock