"trust none of what you hear, and less of what you see" by 2.5
Started on: 11-08-2021 10:56 AM
Replies: 6 (112 views)
Last post by: 2.5 on 11-08-2021 02:17 PM

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2021 10:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2021 12:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Music is always open to interpretation, that is why we love music as most of it can be very personal to us and have nothing to do with what the "artist" envisioned.
That is the blessing of good music. Its only when an idea is imposed on the music or the artist insist that it is just this one thing that it can lose meaning to people that have held on to it for so long.

Music should be released to the wild for all to hear and make up their own minds what it means to them.

Now there's a fire down below
But it's coming up here
So leave everything you know
Carry only what you fear
On the road the sun is sinkin' low
Bodies hanging in the trees
This is what will be (This is what will be)
This is what will be

The sky is green and the roses are blue.
The air still smells better when carried on an early fall breeze.
My life is my own, you can approve or not it matters little.
Smile on me brothers and sisters, its only strange the first time.
sourmash

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post11-08-2021 01:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Unfortunstely, the controllers of the production of art and entertainment have a different opinion.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2021 01:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jake_Dragon:

Music is always open to interpretation, that is why we love music as most of it can be very personal to us and have nothing to do with what the "artist" envisioned.
That is the blessing of good music.

Music should be released to the wild for all to hear and make up their own minds what it means to them.

Thats likely whats happening with Bruce's song here, as I doubt he was thinking what Im thinking.
williegoat

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2021 02:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Two songs from the sixties that were widely misinterpreted were Gram Parsons' "Drugstore Truck Driving Man" and Stephen Stills' "For What It's Worth".

Many, including me, thought "Drugstore Truck Driving Man" was about Ronald Reagan, but it was really about Ralph Emery. Ralph deserved it, he was obnoxious.

"For What It's Worth" was written about a curfew on the Sunset Strip, a small, inconsequential event, but became an anthem for the anti-establishment movement nationwide.

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 11-08-2021).]

Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2021 02:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

Thats likely whats happening with Bruce's song here, as I doubt he was thinking what Im thinking.

Brings to mind 'Born in the USA" was thought to be a patriotic song and many still hold on to that meaning. But it was wrote criticizing the Vietnam war and treatment of veterans.
"The Boss" has been very out spoken recently and it takes away from the music. Diminishing the meaning that someone may have held very close for a long time.
I have never been into Metal, but I do understand just having something beat on your head until there is no other distractions. The world has become a very noisy place and it would be nice to be able to tune it out with a good song.

Everything I Own
Song by B.R.E.A.D
Click to show

I loved this song, it always reminded me of my first heart break.
Then I lost my mother and the real meaning of the song was painfully clear.

We all change and good music changes with us.
Perhaps there is no "bad" music we just haven't been in the correct mind set to rediscover it.

Bottom line for me is to just enjoy the music, tune out what others want you to hear.
Just don't get lost in a familiar song.

I closed my eyes and she slipped away

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2021 02:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jake_Dragon:

We all change and good music changes with us.
Perhaps there is no "bad" music we just haven't been in the correct mind set to rediscover it.

Agreed.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock