Started on: 11-06-2021 02:55 PM
Replies: 14 (319 views)
Last post by: randye on 11-09-2021 06:01 PM
williegoat

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 104
Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2021 02:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Daylight Saving Time! To me, it's right up there with Universal Basic Income, Bruce Jenner and the pet rock.
The sun ain't lookin' at your clock. It will come up tomorrow morning when it is damned good and ready. Jeez Louise.

Woody Wilson signed it into law in 1918. It only took seven months to repeal the law, but FDR brought it back. What does that tell you?

------------------
Let's go Brandon!

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
randye

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2021 05:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

Woody Wilson signed it into law in 1918. It only took seven months to repeal the law, but FDR brought it back. What does that tell you?

Woody and Frank were afraid of the dark?
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post11-07-2021 09:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What is this clock thing of which you speak ? I thought in the modern world there was only ONE time.....I want it NOW.

LitebulbwithaFiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2021 12:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LitebulbwithaFieroSend a Private Message to LitebulbwithaFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I go to work in the morning when it is dark no matter what.

What sucks is when you have to come home in the dark also...

[This message has been edited by LitebulbwithaFiero (edited 11-07-2021).]

maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2021 05:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"My days are darker than your darkest nights"
Count Dracula
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2021 06:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"My day starts when your day ends."
~ U.S. Army Quartermaster Graves Registration Officer motto, Vietnam era.

I remember that. I was eyeing some Army or military emblems or "knick-knacks" or maybe T-shirts in some retail establishment. A hobby shop? I don't remember anything else about that occasion. It was years ago.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 11-07-2021).]

Zeb

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2021 06:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ZebSend a Private Message to ZebEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't care if you don't like daylight savings time. I like it. Why? I see no reason for the sun to come up at freakin FOUR O'CLOCK IN THE MORNING!

I'm "Not a morning person" as they say. Yes, I get up and go to work every day. In the dark, when it's dark. And come home in the dark when it is.

But on those few days when I DON'T have to get up, I'd like to sleep IN THE DARK.

DAYLIGHT SAVINGS makes sense for me.
LitebulbwithaFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2021 08:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LitebulbwithaFieroSend a Private Message to LitebulbwithaFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like daylight savings time. I don't like when it goes back to "normal"
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2021 11:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LitebulbwithaFiero:

I like daylight savings time. I don't like when it goes back to "normal"

This.
Most people go to work in the dark, regardless. I like the hour of daylight in the evenings, when I'm not working, and can get stuff done.
Now, it's dead dark at 6 PM, here. And I'm on the western edge of Eastern time. Just across the state line, it's dead dark at 5 PM. Absurd.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 104
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2021 12:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Everybody's against me. I'm starting to feel like Nancy Pelosi.

sourmash

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post11-08-2021 01:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Zeb:

I don't care if you don't like daylight savings time. I like it. Why? I see no reason for the sun to come up at freakin FOUR O'CLOCK IN THE MORNING!

I'm "Not a morning person" as they say. Yes, I get up and go to work every day. In the dark, when it's dark. And come home in the dark when it is.

But on those few days when I DON'T have to get up, I'd like to sleep IN THE DARK.

DAYLIGHT SAVINGS makes sense for me.

You could do different work with a diff schedule.
PFF
System Bot

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2021 02:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Theres "morning people" and theres people that get more done in the evening.

Pretty much.
Hudini

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2021 04:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just pick one already. I don't care whether it's DST or Standard, just friggin pick one. You will adjust to whatever as nature intended.
Cheever3000

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2021 04:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

It tells me that Woodrow Wilson was ahead of his time.
One hour ahead, to be exact.
Sometimes I crack myself up.
randye

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2021 06:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When asked his opinion about daylight savings time, the old Indian chief replied:

"Only the government would think that it could cut one foot off the top of a blanket and sew it onto the bottom end and then believe that they have made a longer blanket"

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock