Started on: 10-07-2021 01:28 AM
Replies: 67 (1212 views)
Last post by: maryjane on 06-21-2022 01:03 PM
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2021 01:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Shop is packed up as well. A few more trips to the junk/salvage yard and I'll be done outside.
We have several bids on the place here above market value just haven't chosen which one yet.

By New Years Day, I hope to be settled in Lampasas County Tx
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2021 08:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Relocating is a whole bunch of work!

Good luck with your projects and the new place!
OldsFiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2021 08:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OldsFieroSend a Private Message to OldsFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good luck with your move. I hope all goes well for you. Try not to stray too far from here. We would miss you'

Marc
82-T/A [At Work]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2021 09:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Best of luck in your move! I'd help if I was over there. You already have a new place lined up? I think I saw... but I can't remember.
TheDigitalAlchemist

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2021 09:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's great!

Will your new place be "farm-y" (will you still keep animals and grow stuff?)
davylong86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2021 04:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for davylong86Send a Private Message to davylong86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good luck with the big move, I'm guessing there's not a lot of trees on the new property?
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2021 09:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We are looking at 2 places in Lampasas County. One as a residence and the other as my hobby area. I'm leaning toward a new build in town for the residence. Maybe as far from Lampasas as Kempner but probably not. I can buy a new 3 bdr 2 bath with garage in Lampasas for $350K but on a small lot. One on 5 acres around $385K. City water, city sewage and close to stores and eating places. I do not want to live at another place where I need my own well and waste water treatment plant. Both are a pita.
If I were ready to go today, I would jump on this one:
https://www.trulia.com/p/tx...1?mid=0#lil-mediaTab

12 raw empty acres out away from town will run (currently) around $90K, depending where it is and how close to a water source and whether it is already fenced.
At my age, I don't really need the land, so I may re-think 2 places.
Yes, trees are evil. I doubt I will get back into cattle but wouldn't mind having a horse or 2.

I do have to wonder tho, about a town whose big annual celebration is officially called "Spring Ho".

(especially since it takes place in July)

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 10-07-2021).]

blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2021 09:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Regardless of where it is, you'll do well. Good luck with the move.

Rams
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post10-08-2021 05:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Maybe ya should box up some of the hard judgmental crap over the past few years, Don.

We all get through life as best we can. No hard feelings, man, just don't move next door with that attitude.

It will take me about 3 seconds to shut you down.

All the best, and good luck.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2021 03:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks all.

I'll give the other part all the consideration it warrants.
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2021 09:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:
Yes, trees are evil. I doubt I will get back into cattle but wouldn't mind having a horse or 2.

The grass seems a bit thin in that pic.

Rams

PFF
System Bot
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2021 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good luck, have fun. I wish you the best in your endeavors. Moving SUX
Steel

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2021 03:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SteelSend a Private Message to SteelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just out of curiosity is there a reason the acres are $7.2k per? Seems pretty expensive but I don't know the area or what the land includes.

When I relocated a few times in the past I ended up really enjoying it.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2021 05:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Steel:

Just out of curiosity is there a reason the acres are $7.2k per? Seems pretty expensive but I don't know the area or what the land includes.

When I relocated a few times in the past I ended up really enjoying it.

That particular land in the photo includes exactly what you see. 12.5 acres of Texas.
Close proximity to Austin plus deer hunters are driving up prices out there.
$7.2K is cheap.
The property next to me (17.5 ac) sold for $350K in January, with a run of the mill 2 bedroom 1 bath all metal house on it. In 2017, it got 4' of floodwater in it. It does have 2 nice shop areas on each end of it tho.

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 10-11-2021).]

blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2021 08:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Close proximity to Austin plus deer hunters are driving up prices out there.

Austin Huh? Hmm, will be delivering a Valkyrie Trike there this week (assuming that check arrives tomorrow).

Rams
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2022 10:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2022 05:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good luck with your move, Don. We moved two years ago. Still haven't recovered.
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2022 10:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

Good luck with your move, Don. We moved two years ago. Still haven't recovered.

DITTO! Moved to our Southern Mississippi home three years ago, still haven't unpacked some of the "crap" we brought with us. That tells me it should have been given away, trashed or sold as applicable.

BTW Don, I could still use that backhoe if it's still up and running........... I mean really, who couldn't use a backhoe from time to time.

Rams

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 04-08-2022).]

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post04-08-2022 10:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We did 6 weeks ago. It's gonna take us 6 months to get everything unpacked and set up the way we want. My office/shop/man-cave was 1st priority for me and new filing cabinet gets here today. Still want to replace/upgrade some stuff, but at least that is 100% functional and 70% organized.

The rest of it. I am still opening 5 or 6 cabinets and drawers to find what I want in the kitchen.
ls3mach

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 226
Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2022 02:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MidEngineManiac:

Maybe ya should box up some of the hard judgmental crap over the past few years, Don.

We all get through life as best we can. No hard feelings, man, just don't move next door with that attitude.

It will take me about 3 seconds to shut you down.

All the best, and good luck.

I've clearly missed something.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2022 01:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Closed on the sale last Friday. Truck arrives on May 11 and off we go on our next (hopefully last) adventure. We hauled one load to Lampasas already but the next (and last one) will be 3 times the volume of that.
Gawd we have a lot of 'stuff'.

New owner is a retired diesel mechanic (as am I) in his early 60s from about 35 miles away, that lived much of his life on the West Fork of the same river system I'm on , so he is well versed in what the river can do and I divulged everything that has ever happened here to any potential buyer, so the neighborhood makeup won't change much as far as personalities. He seems to be as rough an old cob as I am. He's not a cow guy but intends to keep it under Ag thru a lease arrangement with a nearby neighbor and friend of mine. Hopefully, he can take this place to the next level but not my worries any longer.

Sill haven't settled on a house and property in Lampasas County so we will be in an apartment for a while so we can take our time finding what we want.
Sad to be leaving here, property that I've been on and off of since 1964, but it's just time to let it go.

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 05-09-2022).]

PFF
System Bot
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2022 06:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good luck on your new adventure MJ!
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2022 07:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Closed on the sale last Friday. Truck arrives on May 11 and off we go on our next (hopefully last) adventure. We hauled one load to Lampasas already but the next (and last one) will be 3 times the volume of that.
Gawd we have a lot of 'stuff'.

New owner is a retired diesel mechanic (as am I) in his early 60s from about 35 miles away, that lived much of his life on the West Fork of the same river system I'm on , so he is well versed in what the river can do and I divulged everything that has ever happened here to any potential buyer, so the neighborhood makeup won't change much as far as personalities. He seems to be as rough an old cob as I am. He's not a cow guy but intends to keep it under Ag thru a lease arrangement with a nearby neighbor and friend of mine. Hopefully, he can take this place to the next level but not my worries any longer.

Sill haven't settled on a house and property in Lampasas County so we will be in an apartment for a while so we can take our time finding what we want.
Sad to be leaving here, property that I've been on and off of since 1964, but it's just time to let it go.

You'll have fun MJ... a new home brings new experiences... and hopefully less work. What kind of home are you looking for? Something vintage?
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2022 08:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It would have to be in really good shape for me to buy anything 'vintage'.
I would prefer a new home on about 20 acres IF, it had city water and city (or county) sewer).
Tired of dealing with water wells and aerobic waste water treatment.

82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2022 10:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It would have to be in really good shape for me to buy anything 'vintage'.
I would prefer a new home on about 20 acres IF, it had city water and city (or county) sewer).
Tired of dealing with water wells and aerobic waste water treatment.

Is the acreage because you want distance from neighbors, or because you want to do something on the land?

If I recall, you were potentially looking at moving to a small town somewhere... where people live old-school and everyone knows each other. Still thinking of doing that? When I lived in Texas, I used to do all my vacations via road-trip, and we stayed in some awesome small towns that were nice, had some character, and the people were friendly... and not like dump like a town that someone forgot... any thoughts on that?
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2022 11:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:
Is the acreage because you want distance from neighbors, or because you want to do something on the land?

If I recall, you were potentially looking at moving to a small town somewhere... where people live old-school and everyone knows each other. Still thinking of doing that? When I lived in Texas, I used to do all my vacations via road-trip, and we stayed in some awesome small towns that were nice, had some character, and the people were friendly... and not like dump like a town that someone forgot... any thoughts on that?

That may have been Mentone, out in Loving County. Wife said no to that, since the population of the whole county was 29. No trees either but they have to have their water trucked in............

Looking hard at Lampasas.
Close enough to Temple and Kileen to get good medical care but small enough tand far enough and rough enough to avoid the exodus from metropolitan areas.
Notorio

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2022 12:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NotorioSend a Private Message to NotorioEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

... Close enough to Temple and Kileen to get good medical care but small enough tand far enough and rough enough to avoid the exodus from metropolitan areas.

Hopefully this is not a stop on the Illegal Alien Underground Railroad.

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2022 03:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

We are looking at 2 places in Lampasas County.
Yes, trees are evil.

Could have guessed

Not a tree in sight!

Have a non stressful move and enjoy your new place.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2022 06:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have now permanently left the tall pines and humid air of East Texas and have 'stuff' stored in 2 different towns out here in the open sky and dry air country. Lampasas and Copperas Cove about 16 miles apart.. (Lampasas didn't have a large enough storage room for the 26' truckload) and...... we are here now.
Will spend a night or 2 to wind down and then search is on.
At 2:13 pm today , I was eating outside on an uncovered picnic table at a restaurant here, in 97deg F temperature, full sun/not a cloud in the sky and it was comfy and cool to me.
getting full
We added about 35 longer term storage boxes to that before we left.It looked like crap but it all got onboard. They were to be the first to come off and go to the back of a storage compartment.

Gotta stop at Bukees (cheapest gas too)

and just like that, 1/2 my life is in storage...

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 05-13-2022).]

blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2022 08:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm sure you're glad that part of the move is done and over with. Finding a new home is always an interesting experience. Her wants and your wants and meeting in the middle somewhere. Then move all that stuff again.

After moving and renovating our currently home, I'm ready to do it again. But if I can talk her into it, the next property will have more acreage and less house. We're empty nesters and don't need a big home.

Rams
rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2022 08:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackrams:

I'm sure you're glad that part of the move is done and over with. Finding a new home is always an interesting experience. Her wants and your wants and meeting in the middle somewhere. Then move all that stuff again.

After moving and renovating our currently home, I'm ready to do it again. But if I can talk her into it, the next property will have more acreage and less house. We're empty nesters and don't need a big home.

Rams

How about a house that's small for a house, but large for a microwave oven, which I think it resembles?

CLICK FOR FULL SIZE

Nestron "Cube Two X"

I think it would be described as both prefabricated and portable.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 05-13-2022).]

PFF
System Bot
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2022 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Chances of that happening are equivalent to Biden's chances of getting my vote.

Rams

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 05-13-2022).]

OldsFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2022 07:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OldsFieroSend a Private Message to OldsFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good luck on your new adventure, MJ. Keep us posted.

Marc
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2022 07:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rinselberg:

How about a house that's small for a house, but large for a microwave oven, which I think it resembles?

CLICK FOR FULL SIZE

Nestron "Cube Two X"

I would totally live in that... that's awesome. I wonder how much?
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2022 08:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

82-T/A [At Work]

22749 posts
Member since Aug 2002
MJ... I think Rinse is onto something... wouldn't this look good somewhere off I35 overlooking the daily grind of all the saps driving to Austin from San Antonio?

Zeb

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2022 02:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ZebSend a Private Message to ZebEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I would totally live in that... that's awesome. I wonder how much?

$120,000

To live in a microwave. And they have even smaller one. For only $52,000. Billed as "perfect value-for-money real estate investment." I'm sure you could make a fortune renting them out for $10,000 a month in Rinselberg's neighborhood. (Sunnyvale CA)

Wouldn't fly very well here in New Jersey, I doubt it would go over well in Texas.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2022 03:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rinselberg:

CLICK FOR FULL SIZE

Nestron "Cube Two X"

I think I've seen them at WalMart.

olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2022 05:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So now the Far East is invading the manufactured home market in America.

At least they aren't made in China.

[This message has been edited by olejoedad (edited 05-14-2022).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2022 06:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

CUBE TWO (C2) | READY TO MOVE IN | ON ITS WAY TO THE U.S.!!!!!!

Quite majestic music for a video promoting life in a shoe box.
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2022 08:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

Quite majestic music for a video promoting life in a shoe box.

Did you notice how many shots were low camera angle, looking upwards?

I wonder what the ceiling height is.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock