Started on: 10-07-2021 01:28 AM
Replies: 14 (239 views)
Last post by: blackrams on 10-11-2021 08:49 AM
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 442
Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2021 01:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Shop is packed up as well. A few more trips to the junk/salvage yard and I'll be done outside.
We have several bids on the place here above market value just haven't chosen which one yet.

By New Years Day, I hope to be settled in Lampasas County Tx
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 195
Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2021 08:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadClick Here to Email olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Relocating is a whole bunch of work!

Good luck with your projects and the new place!
OldsFiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2021 08:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OldsFieroClick Here to Email OldsFieroSend a Private Message to OldsFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good luck with your move. I hope all goes well for you. Try not to stray too far from here. We would miss you'

Marc
82-T/A [At Work]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 186
Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2021 09:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Best of luck in your move! I'd help if I was over there. You already have a new place lined up? I think I saw... but I can't remember.
TheDigitalAlchemist

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2021 09:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageClick Here to Email TheDigitalAlchemistSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's great!

Will your new place be "farm-y" (will you still keep animals and grow stuff?)
davylong86

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2021 04:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for davylong86Send a Private Message to davylong86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good luck with the big move, I'm guessing there's not a lot of trees on the new property?
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2021 09:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We are looking at 2 places in Lampasas County. One as a residence and the other as my hobby area. I'm leaning toward a new build in town for the residence. Maybe as far from Lampasas as Kempner but probably not. I can buy a new 3 bdr 2 bath with garage in Lampasas for $350K but on a small lot. One on 5 acres around $385K. City water, city sewage and close to stores and eating places. I do not want to live at another place where I need my own well and waste water treatment plant. Both are a pita.
If I were ready to go today, I would jump on this one:
https://www.trulia.com/p/tx...1?mid=0#lil-mediaTab

12 raw empty acres out away from town will run (currently) around $90K, depending where it is and how close to a water source and whether it is already fenced.
At my age, I don't really need the land, so I may re-think 2 places.
Yes, trees are evil. I doubt I will get back into cattle but wouldn't mind having a horse or 2.

I do have to wonder tho, about a town whose big annual celebration is officially called "Spring Ho".

(especially since it takes place in July)

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 10-07-2021).]

blackrams

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 226
Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2021 09:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsClick Here to Email blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Regardless of where it is, you'll do well. Good luck with the move.

Rams
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2021 05:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Maybe ya should box up some of the hard judgmental crap over the past few years, Don.

We all get through life as best we can. No hard feelings, man, just don't move next door with that attitude.

It will take me about 3 seconds to shut you down.

All the best, and good luck.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2021 03:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks all.

I'll give the other part all the consideration it warrants.
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2021 09:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsClick Here to Email blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:
Yes, trees are evil. I doubt I will get back into cattle but wouldn't mind having a horse or 2.

The grass seems a bit thin in that pic.

Rams

PFF
System Bot
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 201
Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2021 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTClick Here to Email Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good luck, have fun. I wish you the best in your endeavors. Moving SUX
Steel

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2021 03:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SteelSend a Private Message to SteelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just out of curiosity is there a reason the acres are $7.2k per? Seems pretty expensive but I don't know the area or what the land includes.

When I relocated a few times in the past I ended up really enjoying it.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2021 05:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Steel:

Just out of curiosity is there a reason the acres are $7.2k per? Seems pretty expensive but I don't know the area or what the land includes.

When I relocated a few times in the past I ended up really enjoying it.

That particular land in the photo includes exactly what you see. 12.5 acres of Texas.
Close proximity to Austin plus deer hunters are driving up prices out there.
$7.2K is cheap.
The property next to me (17.5 ac) sold for $350K in January, with a run of the mill 2 bedroom 1 bath all metal house on it. In 2017, it got 4' of floodwater in it. It does have 2 nice shop areas on each end of it tho.

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 10-11-2021).]

blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2021 08:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsClick Here to Email blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

Close proximity to Austin plus deer hunters are driving up prices out there.

Austin Huh? Hmm, will be delivering a Valkyrie Trike there this week (assuming that check arrives tomorrow).

Rams

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock