Started on: 09-13-2021 08:27 PM
Replies: 8 (161 views)
Last post by: williegoat on 09-14-2021 11:18 AM
williegoat

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 97
Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2021 08:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That new pop-up ad is annoying!

I understand the need, but I wish it didn't cover up the bottom of the page.

Yes, I know that I can send it away, but I get tired of doing that every time I want to read a page.

------------------

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 295
Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2021 10:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not seeing it on Firefox on a Mac...
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2021 12:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RWDPLZ:

Not seeing it on Firefox on a Mac...

Thanks. I checked FF and it is not there for me, either, but it is there on Konqueror and also on Win10/Edge.

I am using Chromium on Debian. I installed an ad blocker which stopped it, along with the other, less intrusive ads. I did not want to do that because it deprives Mr. Pennock of a bit of revenue.

Also, being a capitalist at heart, I don't mind non-intrusive ads. They can be amusing and occasionally even informative.

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 09-14-2021).]

Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 698
Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2021 02:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageClick Here to Email Cliff PennockSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not mine. Guess something hijacked your browser.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2021 02:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cliff Pennock:

Not mine. Guess something hijacked your browser.

But it is on three different browsers and two different machines with different OS's.

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2021 03:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageClick Here to Email rinselbergSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am getting those ads at the bottom of the Pennock's window on my Mac with macOS Mojave and the Safari browser.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 09-14-2021).]

Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2021 07:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageClick Here to Email Cliff PennockSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

But it is on three different browsers and two different machines with different OS's.

Don't know what to say but those ads are not coming from PFF.
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2021 07:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageClick Here to Email Cliff PennockSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, I take that back. Maybe those ads were coming from PFF. I just checked the settings in Google and somehow "Auto Ads" was enabled not too long ago. That's where Google just picks spots itself to display ads.

I have no idea how that got enabled but I've disabled it immediately so if the ads have now disappeared, we know that was indeed the cause. I don't want ads to appear anywhere else than the spots I've reserved for them.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2021 11:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you very much!

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock