Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  Double, double, toil and trouble.. combined Covid and Seasonal Flu shot being tested

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Double, double, toil and trouble.. combined Covid and Seasonal Flu shot being tested by rinselberg
Started on: 09-13-2021 05:05 AM
Replies: 14 (244 views)
Last post by: sourmash on 09-15-2021 12:21 AM
rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2021 05:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"Novavax starts combined influenza and Covid-19 vaccine trial"

Earlier in Phase III clinical trials, NVX-CoV2373 and NanoFlu have demonstrated strong results as standalone vaccines.

Novavax has initiated patient enrolment in a Phase I/II study of a combination vaccine using its seasonal influenza and Covid-19 vaccines.

The trial will be conducted in Australia at up to 12 study sites and aims to evaluate the safety and immunogenicity of the combination vaccine in 640 healthy adults.

That's the short of it. It's not a long article, for anyone who craves even more.

Clinical Trials Arena; September 9, 2021.
https://www.clinicaltrialsa...id-19-vaccine-trial/
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2021 08:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I specifically asked my COVID doc about getting the COVID booster and the current variation of flu shot and what time frame they should be taken in.
The response was that it is safe to have multiple injections for many different vaccines but specific to this COVID the research has not been completed and therefore recommended a 30 separation between these two injections. Both researchers I spoke with indicated that it's always better to be safe than sorry but they were not personally concerned with receiving both injections in close proximity (time wise).

That is not intended as any medical advice to anyone. Seek and follow your own doctor's advice and your own conscience. Decisions have both rewards and consequences. Pick your path. For me, I'm waiting of the COVID booster and will then do as my COVID docs/researcher recommended.

Rams
sourmash

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post09-13-2021 08:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Your doctor has investments in the medicines he/she recommends. I've witnessed one suggesting a product he has a financial interest in for kidney stones. Or you can just drink a little alcohol daily or a high citrus acid content drink daily.

Regarding the seasonal flu shot; and to think I always considered it to be a crazy scam or a hefty tax dodge. I was thinking way too small.

They never produce one thats a good match and people put that poison in their bodies anyway.

but specific to this COVID the research has not been completed and therefore recommended a 30 separation between these two injections. Both researchers I spoke with indicated that it's always better to be safe than sorry

Better safe than sorry, yes. No.shots for me.

[This message has been edited by sourmash (edited 09-14-2021).]

steve308

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2021 08:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bring it on. Not scared.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2021 12:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Something wicked this way comes.
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2021 12:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

If Novavax's vaccine wins a US OK, it would be a major victory for the biotech, which has never produced an authorized medicine in its 33-year history.

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2021 01:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

If Novavax's vaccine wins a US OK, it would be a major victory for the biotech, which has never produced an authorized medicine in its 33-year history.

So that, from maryjane, was here:

"Novavax says its coronavirus vaccine was 90% effective in a large trial, moving the shot a step closer to widespread use"
Andrew Dunn for Business Insider; June 14, 2021.
https://www.businessinsider...trial-results-2021-4

Just 10 days later, this was published in The Atlantic:

"The mRNA Vaccines Are Extraordinary, but Novavax Is Even Better"
Hilda Bastian for The Atlantic; June 24, 2021.
https://www.theatlantic.com...d-19-vaccine/619276/

What did "Hilda" like so much about the Novavax Covid vaccine?

Fewer side effects and easier to manufacture, compared to the Pfizer and Moderna mRNA vaccines.

That was her "take."

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 09-13-2021).]

blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2021 10:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sourmash:

No.shots for me.

Did I suggest anywhere in my post that you should do anything? Didn't think so.
As I said clearly many times, I really don't care.
Was just passing on what I heard.

Rams
Hudini

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2021 06:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got a flu shot last winter and the Chinese covid vaccine in march so not very close together at all. Both are the traditional deactivated virus vaccines.

We already have mixed vaccines with the old DPT. It's got a new name now with better coverage, DTaP or DTP. Maybe one day we have a one shot cocktail?
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2021 07:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

Something wicked this way comes.

Rinselberg, you don't even know why this is relevant, do you?
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2021 08:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Rinselberg, you don't even know why "Something wicked this way comes" is relevant, do you?

That's true. I don't know why that is relevant. Is it part of that same Shakespearean passage from Macbeth?

Looking back on it, there's been many a time when I should have allowed myself the psychological permission to ask one or more questions, instead of acting as if I already knew, or that I didn't need to be asking any questions.

It's as if I suffered from "uttering a sentence that ends in a question mark" phobia. I don't know if there is a commonly recognized terminology for that condition.
PFF
System Bot
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2021 08:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rinselberg:

Is it part of that same Shakespearean passage from Macbeth?

From what I consider to be Willie the Shake's finest work, "Macbeth", act 4 scene 1, just a little farther down the page from "Double, double..."

It is also a commentary on the questionable wisdom of politically driven "medical research".
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2021 09:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

williegoat

19464 posts
Member since Mar 2009

Originally posted by rinselberg:

It's as if I suffered from "uttering a sentence that ends in a question mark" phobia. I don't know if there is a commonly recognized terminology for that condition.

and from act 5, scene 3:

Macbeth:
Canst thou not minister to a mind diseased,
Pluck from the memory a rooted sorrow,
Raze out the written troubles of the brain
And with some sweet oblivious antidote
Cleanse the stuff'd bosom of that perilous stuff
Which weighs upon the heart?

Doctor:
Therein the patient
Must minister to himself.
randye

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2021 12:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

and from act 5, scene 3:

Macbeth:
Canst thou not minister to a mind diseased,
Pluck from the memory a rooted sorrow,
Raze out the written troubles of the brain
And with some sweet oblivious antidote
Cleanse the stuff'd bosom of that perilous stuff
Which weighs upon the heart?

Doctor:
Therein the patient
Must minister to himself.

Great observation, but I'll cover two of his threads by quoting Troilus and Cressida: Act 2, Scene 3, where Ajax says:

I do not hate a proud man, as I do hate the engendering of toads.

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 09-15-2021).]

sourmash

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post09-15-2021 12:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackrams:

Did I suggest anywhere in my post that you should do anything? Didn't think so.
As I said clearly many times, I really don't care.
Was just passing on what I heard.

Rams

Did I tell you my pist was about YOU and taking flu shots. No. You just decided on your own.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock