Started on: 09-06-2021 01:15 PM
Replies: 7 (224 views)
Last post by: randye on 09-12-2021 01:27 AM
MidEngineManiac

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post09-06-2021 01:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm still pretty new at using them, and am looking for a filter.

I dont want just "free shipping", I want "shipped and fulfilled by amazon" (DONT want to wait for a bunch of different boxes to get here from china). I like the stuff in the same box on my doorstep in a couple days.

Is there a filter to weed out all the non-amazon shippers, or do I just have to keep searching through hundreds of results of the same item to find the ones that meet my criteria ?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Wichita

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2021 01:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes, you can filter by "fulfilled by Amazon" by choosing the seller "Amazon"

As far as the least amount of boxes You actually have that option at checkout.

You can order multiple items and have them shipped with the least amount of boxes where they combine different items into one box. Actually they sometimes encourage that by giving a digital dollar incentive.

[This message has been edited by Wichita (edited 09-06-2021).]

williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2021 03:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've used Amazons a few times, after too much tequila, and I'm here to tell you: They have no filter, but they do deliver.

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 09-06-2021).]

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-06-2021 04:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks guys. I did a little digging around with the suggestions and THINK I got it now. I've only ordered from them a couple-3 times so far, but am impressed with the prices and quick delivery on some of the stuff. 2 days to get my printer running again after a breakdown, my Ontario supplier was a week. LOL, he was probably going to order from them, mark it up and send it on to me !!

Some of the other stuff, I just dont want to deal with customs. Nothing illegal per se, but some stuff in an individual package could be subject to judgement calls that cause me delays I dont need.

https://www.amazon.ca/klooy...id=1630959075&sr=8-6

Slingshot carbine anybody ???

These things too. Not banned on their own, but since they can be used in a pistol crossbow (which IS banned) as well as a rifle cause all kinds of problem (its up to me to prove they are slated for a bow longer than 60cm)

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/pr...A1R5HA1RV7GM9S&psc=1

[This message has been edited by MidEngineManiac (edited 09-06-2021).]

williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2021 04:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MidEngineManiac:

I'm still pretty new at using them, and am looking for a filter.

I dont want just "free shipping", I want "shipped and fulfilled by amazon" (DONT want to wait for a bunch of different boxes to get here from china). I like the stuff in the same box on my doorstep in a couple days.

Is there a filter to weed out all the non-amazon shippers, or do I just have to keep searching through hundreds of results of the same item to find the ones that meet my criteria ?

Sometimes Amazon has a good price and sometimes they don't. You have to shop around. Also, the price changes from day to day. Double check, before you submit your order.

The trigger mechanism you linked is not shipped by Amazon, but the bolts are.

Check the spots that I circled in red below.

Also, the prices at amazon.ca are quite a bit higher than on amazon .com (USA). For example: the trigger mech that you show at $24.16 is $15.99 here.

[URL=https://www.amazon.com/klooy-Stainless-Slingshot-Polishing-Accessories/dp/B0957FH9NL/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=klooy+New+Catapult+Trigger+Stainless+Steel+Slingshot+Release+Device+Strong+Force+Polishing+DIY+Catapult+Rifle+Trigger+Power+Tool+Wristban d+Sho]https://www.amazon.com/kloo...r+Tool+Wristband+Sho[/URL] t+Bow+Accessories+with+4+Black+Screws+4+Silver+Screws&qid=1630961398&sr=8-2

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 09-06-2021).]

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-06-2021 05:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
15.99 USD is 19.93 CDN right now. So 4 bucks CDN difference and customs fees would eat that easy.

I learned 25 years ago screwing around with projects to always order stuff already this side of the border, in the long run its cheaper. Hell, back then I had $15 pieces that ended up $100+ sitting on my workbench.

theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 567
Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2021 06:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You often have little choice how items are shipped even by Amazon.
Because Amazon things including "fulfilled by Amazon" come from different Amazon centers and in different states or countries even if 2 or more items are in same order.
Example: You order 3 Amazon things...
1. shipped from CA
2. shipped from Philly PA (or town next to it.)
3. shipped from somewhere else in PA
and all may arrive on same day and hour to three different days.
Where the address can get snail mail, UPS et al, and Amazon Shipping, odd are good all examples will ship thru 3 shipper.
And if you put shipping directions, only Amazon Shipping will follow them. UPS and most others won't bother. Often drivers doesn't even see them because company ignore them.

Even in Canada, 3 things in same order may arrive different times and use 3 shippers from Different Amazon Canada centers.

Maybe only apply to Prime users...
You can try checking a box at checkout to ship packages in one batch on a given day but that often doesn't work.
need to check each item or order for that option as well.
But above will happen to these items too.

Related...
Some items allow "delayed" shipping as "not in a hurry" so Amazon saves money not shipping in 1-2 days...
You get $1-$2 credit to DL a book etc.
But other things you can't get this or shipped whenever including same to 2 days anyway.
So if order shows 3 days at checkout... Don't count on that. Watch actual data a few hours later or more depending on the order.

I order some things that shipped so fast Amazon Site data can't keep up or wrong.
Like some parts arrived 1-2 days but site still say days to a week or more to ship.

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave

randye

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2021 01:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock