Started on: 08-28-2021 06:38 PM
Replies: 7 (324 views)
Last post by: williegoat on 09-01-2021 05:01 PM
williegoat

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2021 06:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
At first, I thought this was interesting, but by the one minute mark, I was blown away. The imagery is amusing, but her playing is stunning.

I never heard of her before yesterday. There is a lot going on here.

This girl is INTENSE!

------------------

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 08-28-2021).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2021 06:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just got done listening to an interview with Gwenifer Raymond. Would you believe this woman has a PhD in astrophysics and works as an AI programmer, but cannot read a single note of music?

She recorded her second album at home, by herself. This next video was shot by her mother at her parents' house. She said, "The house is filled with taxidermy because my father likes to paint animals and it is much easier if they don't move."

She says her songs have no lyrics because spoken language is limited, insufficient at conveying emotion.

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 08-29-2021).]

blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2021 05:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wouldn't hurt if she acted like she was enjoying her talent. People are different, this I recognize.
She is talented but pretty solemn in those videos.

Rams
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2021 09:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:
She recorded her second album at home, by herself. This next video was shot by her mother at her parents' house. She said, "The house is filled with taxidermy because my father likes to paint animals and it is much easier if they don't move."

captive audience..

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2021 10:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

captive audience..

It's her animal magnetism.

Originally posted by blackrams:

Wouldn't hurt if she acted like she was enjoying her talent. People are different, this I recognize.
She is talented but pretty solemn in those videos.

Rams

It’s all about the music. She is a smoldering volcano, with all of the fire erupting from her fingertips.

Actually I think it is just her shtick, part classical guitarist and part punk/goth girl. If you have ever watched a classical guitarist, it is like they are making love to the guitar.

In the forth video that I posted, the one where she is on a rustic looking stage, surrounded by equipment from other bands (drums, amps, etc.), she breaks character towards the end while playing the banjo. A smile breaks out a couple of times, then she looks up as if to make sure no one saw it. In the two that I would characterize as “music videos”, I think it is just her sense of humor. It makes me laugh, anyway.

Also, she is Welsh, born, raised and still lives in a small mountain town.

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 08-30-2021).]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2021 11:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

She says her songs have no lyrics because spoken language is limited, insufficient at conveying emotion.

I agree, alot of time lyrics limit it more.

Cool stuff!
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2021 01:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Apparently, she collects vintage guitars and I don't mean guitars from the 1950's or '60's. I think the guitar in this video is about 140 years old.

I am in awe.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2021 05:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I haven't been able to get this music out of my head for four days.

This girl met the devil at the crossroads, whacked him on the head and stole his guitar.

I love the starkness of this video. Barefoot, sitting in a folding chair, playing her guitar and sipping on a big ol' glass of whiskey. What more does anyone need?

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 09-01-2021).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock