Started on: 06-09-2021 02:19 AM
Replies: 6 (240 views)
Last post by: rinselberg on 06-09-2021 11:55 PM
TheDigitalAlchemist

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2021 02:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dang it, a bunch of my pics and videos are no longer online due to the hosting companies disappearing.

pics and videos of Fieros and children and dumb, pointless projects....all gone. like tears in the rain...
TinyPic Has Ceased Operations
Due to an inability to support a high-quality free digital service that derives 100% of its revenue from ever declining on-site revenues, TinyPic has shut down its operations. As previously announced on this website, September 16, 2019 was the last day for our users to access their accounts to download their images.

What Should You Do Now?
We recommend checking out our sister company, Photobucket, for image hosting. They are currently offering an unlimited image hosting and storage plan for $5 per month (regularly priced at $11.99 per month). We would like to personally thank you for choosing TinyPic as your hosting service. Many of you have been utilizing our services since we launched back in April 2004.

Go Unlimited.
Make the switch to Photobucket

Edit- that is just what it says on their website- I’m not recommending that you do that)

[This message has been edited by TheDigitalAlchemist (edited 06-09-2021).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2021 07:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When monkeys fly out of my butt...
RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2021 01:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tech companies keep trying to get people to abandon hard drives and go to cloud storage and streaming, NEVER a good idea, they just want total control.
USFiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2021 03:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for USFieroSend a Private Message to USFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Photobucket? I had an account there. Somehow some time ago they got hacked/shut down, and recovering my photos has become a labyrinthian issue with email addresses that no longer work and other issues. Farewell, photos that were.
theogre

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 567
Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2021 07:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just One of a long line of Photo Hosting that closed or switch to paid service.
Go thru PFF archives and see how many pic's have "Red X" because:
Host is dead
Host deleted a link to pic.
OP moved/deleted a pic or stop paying to host.

Other "Free" Photo sites have taken © license for there service so can Sell any pic you share thru them.
Like Most using imgur.com never bother to read the ToS etc.

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave

maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2021 09:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by USFiero:

Photobucket? I had an account there. Somehow some time ago they got hacked/shut down, and recovering my photos has become a labyrinthian issue with email addresses that no longer work and other issues. Farewell, photos that were.

Same here, and Imageshack before that.

rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2021 11:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I had that experience with imageshack.

I've been using imgur for some time now. I don't pay for anything extra on it.

Just keeping my fingers crossed, about imgur.

My online proclivities are such that there would never be a reason for me to be concerned about what imgur might do (like sell) any of my imgur-hosted images.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 06-10-2021).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock