Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  The Eta Aquarid meteor shower is set to happen before dawn Wednesday, May 5

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
The Eta Aquarid meteor shower is set to happen before dawn Wednesday, May 5 by maryjane
Started on: 05-02-2021 10:37 PM
Replies: 2 (74 views)
Last post by: cvxjet on 05-03-2021 03:42 PM
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2021 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
cliffw

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2021 02:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:
https://www.ksat.com/news/l...happening-this-week/

Interesting. KSAT News, San Antonio Texas.

In other local news, ... my local rag just outside of San Antonio, the Bandera Bulliten, (rinselberg calls it the Bandera Armadillo) had a front page story about a celestial event.

A 2023 lunar eclipse and a 2024 solar eclipse, occurring less than six months apart, are expected to draw crowds to Bandera County. Which is listed by "subject experts" as one of the best places in the Nation to view the two eclipses.

Bandera County will be in the path of totality for a Lunar eclipse on Saturday October 14 2023. Less than six months later Bandera County will experience a total Solar eclipse, April 8, 2024.

The County party planning has began. Bandera Armadillo You nor I can view this complete story online. Subscription only. maryjane's bypass seems to not work. I get the hard copy.

cvxjet

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2021 03:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I went up to Central Oregon to see the August 2017 eclipse.....I gotta tell you, you can really understand why people 2-3000 years ago would think the world was ending; It is really amazing.

As far as the meteor shower, back 30 years ago I went up to the Sierra Mts, took a chaise lounge, and just laid back and watched....Saw a lot of bright ones...Although I should of brought a sleeping bag to keep me warm...

This is a pic of just before totality.....The camera corrected so I dimmed it to show how dark it really was just before the sun was fully behind the moon;

This pic was showing the moon's shadow coming towards us from the west....The trees look like a sunset is lighting them;

And totality (Any pic off the internet would be better)

[This message has been edited by cvxjet (edited 05-03-2021).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock