Started on: 04-30-2021 11:10 PM
Replies: 22 (449 views)
Last post by: rinselberg on 05-05-2021 12:19 AM
MidEngineManiac

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post04-30-2021 11:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgYLr_LfhLo

Liberals...what do you have to say for yourself ?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2021 11:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MidEngineManiac:
gentlmen

Where?

rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2021 11:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MidEngineManiac:
Liberals...what do you have to say for yourself?

I'm sorry to see it, and sorry to say it, but this attempted gaslighting of liberals (or Liberals?)--and by extension, just about anyone you think you have some kind of "beef" with--is the stupidest thing you've created on this forum in recent memory. Maybe the stupidest, period.

It's not the YouTube video that's at fault. It's the way you are trying to use it.

My father was a WW2 soldier; also the uncle that I knew.

If it were possible to go backwards in time and set up a focus group or take an opinion poll among the Allied soldiers on the front lines, or behind the front lines for that matter, at least as many would have described themselves as "liberal" as the ones that would have said "conservative." American soldiers served under a Commander in Chief (FDR) who was the very antithesis of "conservative" for his era. Most likely though, I expect in this imaginary scenario, the most common response from any of the soldiers would be "I'm an American." Or "I"m a Canadian." Or even more likely, "STFU you Witless Moron From the Future."

That's my opinion about it. Based on many accounts that I have read or viewed.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 05-01-2021).]

randye

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2021 12:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rinselberg:

.....the stupidest thing you've created on this forum in recent memory. Maybe the stupidest, period.

maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2021 09:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My father and mother were life long Democrats and both were as proud of their service as anyone else. She working at San Jacinto Ordinance Depot and my father serving in the US Army.
This hangs on my living room wall next to my own military memories.

(Technician Fourth Grade (abbreviated as T/4, TEC4 or TEC-4) was one of three United States Army technician ranks established on January 8, 1942, during World War II. Those who held this rank were often addressed as Sergeant. Technicians possessed specialized skills that were rewarded with a higher pay grade.)

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 05-01-2021).]

sourmash

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post05-01-2021 12:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
WWII was the beginning of the end for White western republican government. The Allies destroyed every lever that was or could be an obstacle to prevent the over-through of our personal rights and freedoms by the Marxist influenced groups.

One lone obstacle today is a tattered/teetering Bill of Rights in America, and the party which has selected a fake President Biden is leading the current assaults on the 1st, 2nd, 4th and 5th sections.

The other obstacle that "they" thought was already in the bag is Russia.

My "thank you" is in sarcasm. I don't think for a second that soldiers or the public knew what they were doing, but that doesn't soften what is happening to us today.
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2021 12:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

American soldiers served under a Commander in Chief (FDR) who was the very antithesis of "conservative" for his era. Most likely though, I expect in this imaginary scenario, the most common response from any of the soldiers would be "I'm an American." Or "I"m a Canadian." Or even more likely, "STFU you Witless Moron From the Future."

Wait, I'm confused... I thought Republicans and Democrats switched sides in the early 60s, which means that all of those people you mention in the mid 1940s would have been Conservative. Are you saying that Democrats and Republicans switched really quick, and then switched back again really quick, only to switch yet again really quick... all in the span of like ~15 years? Just want to make sure I've got my 1619 history down correctly.
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2021 03:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:
Wait, I'm confused... I thought Republicans and Democrats switched sides in the early 60s, which means that all of those people you mention in the mid 1940s would have been Conservative. Are you saying that Democrats and Republicans switched really quick, and then switched back again really quick, only to switch yet again really quick... all in the span of like ~15 years? Just want to make sure I've got my 1619 history down correctly.

What we had here (in the Original Post from MEM) where he posted what looks like an accusation in the form of a rhetorical question--"Liberals...what do you have to say for yourself ?"--is a canard. It takes an "Innocent" YouTube video and misuses it--well, the term I used when I first responded here was "gaslighting."

Since MEM is a Canadian, I don't know whether his use of "Liberal" is a reference to the Liberal Party of Canada, or "Liberal" as a way to say "left of center, ideologically" or if it's the "small L" use of "liberal" that he capitalized because it's the beginning of his sentence. Three possibilities, which narrow the Original Post to one of three categories: "bad", "worse" or "worst."

What MEM did here (at the very top) reminds me of this. I don't know about you, but I would call this a "low" moment for any public figure, much less a serving President of the United States.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 05-02-2021).]

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2021 09:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

......I would call this a "low" moment for any public figure, much less a serving President of the United States.

A LEFTIST saying that someone embracing the United States flag is "a low moment" isn't a surprise.

The President of the United States embracing the United States flag does reflect the values of the American people who elected him.

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 05-02-2021).]

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2021 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If it weren't well known that DJT is a tee-totaler, there would have been widespread speculation that he was drunk when he walked on that stage at CPAC.

The difference between the other photographs that were just displayed and what Trump did at CPAC was the phoniness and "faux patriotism" appearance of the Trump@CPAC flag-embracing moment. The people in those other photographs look very natural and spontaneous. Trump--well, he's incapable of looking natural and spontaneous.

Trump's flag-kissing at CPAC seems more akin to the moment when Adolf Hitler kissed the well known Nazi "blood banner" flag. I actually can't find an image of that, but I think I've seen it on documentaries. I do have an image of Hitler grasping the "blood banner" flag. It's not a full embrace of the flag, like Trump at CPAC. Hitler's just grasping the "blood banner' by one of its edges in the image that I found.

I'm not trying to equate Trump with Hitler, or Trump's supporters (for the most part) with the historical Nazis or with neo-Nazis.

It's just the contrived ambience that these images (Trump; Hitler) evoke. Theatrics or stage play, in contrast to the other photos that were just posted.

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2021 10:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

rinselberg

16118 posts
Member since Mar 2010

Originally posted by randye:
The President of the United States embracing the United States flag does reflect the values of the American people who elected him.

There's truth to that.

And no, I don't mean that in the sarcastic way that it could be read. I actually didn't realize that until I was ready to Submit.

PFF
System Bot
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2021 10:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Trump's flag-kissing at CPAC seems more akin to the moment when Adolf Hitler kissed the well known Nazi "blood banner" flag.

I'm not trying to equate Trump with Hitler, or Trump's supporters (for the most part) with the historical Nazis or with neo-Nazis.

YES YOU ARE.

That is precisely what you just did.

The ONLY one that brought up Adolf Hitler in this thread is YOU

LEFTISTS have been trying to equate former President Trump with Hitler for over 4.5 years now.

Your weak denial is transparently and demonstrably FALSE

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 05-03-2021).]

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2021 10:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
THAT is why "randye" and "Trump" are like "horse and carriage" in my mind.

They're all about Stage Play. (The "randye" that appears on Pennock's. When he's not messaging here . . . not for me to say.)

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2021 10:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

THAT is why "randye" and "Trump" are like "horse and carriage" in my mind.

And yet you have NO IDEA who I voted for, who I support or who I will support in the future.

All you know is that TRUMP is the "evil boogey man" that lives inside your head so by extension your enemies are "like horse and carriage" with him.....

......"in your mind".

They're all about Stage Play.

Over the years I've made my opinion about your inability to discern fact from opinion and, more importantly, fantasy from reality more than abundantly clear.

I've also made myself crystal clear how I hate phonies and LIARS.

Accordingly, I say what I mean and I mean what I say on this forum.

There is no "Stage Play", dishonesty, or insincerity in any of my posts.

Recently another member of this forum refered to YOU as a "purveyor of perjury".

That is a fact impossible to dispute.

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 05-03-2021).]

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2021 12:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Maybe. What would pique my curiosity would be thoughts or reactions from almost anyone else.

"A clean browser window is a healthy browser window."
sourmash

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-03-2021 09:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You could answer my question to you on the 2nd amendment thread.
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2021 10:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sourmash:
You could answer my question to you on the 2nd amendment thread.

I just did.
sourmash

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-03-2021 11:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No, I don't think you did. You answered another question that wasnt asked. And you inserted smoke of local governments all throughout history to not answer, while the quote I used was yours and specifically about the ATF creating straw purchases which is against the regulations that confine them.
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2021 04:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like the title of this forum thread. It's inspiring.

"God rest ye merry gentlmen, Let nothing you dismay . . ."
sourmash

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-04-2021 08:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Now go gentle into that good night?
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2021 03:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sourmash:
Now go gentle gentl into that good night?

Fixed it. (He should have a spell checker.)
PFF
System Bot
sourmash

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-04-2021 06:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Now go Yentl into that good night?
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2021 12:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Actually, I had that same thought (Yentl) before you came out with it here.

Kind of funny.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock