Started on: 04-29-2021 09:08 AM
Replies: 6 (215 views)
Last post by: Jonesy on 05-06-2021 08:43 AM
Jonesy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 104
Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2021 09:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JonesySend a Private Message to JonesyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anyone here ever play any of the Dark Souls games?

Just curious, really amazing games, works of art in my opinion, with really interesting stories. Would love more people to play with.

PM me if you wanna play on steam sometime.

Check out this battle with the final boss of Dark Souls 3 me and my buddy take him down together. I'm the guy all glowing white.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2021 01:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Die rinse repeat.
I own the game but never played online.

I hate the hack slash button games. Would rather stand back and use a bow or magic. But not fond of how DS does magic.
Its not currently installed as I have moved on to other games.
Haven't finished it yet, will probably go back to it but for now I have other pursuits taking my time.
TheDigitalAlchemist

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2021 03:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
YOU HAVE DIED

Those games punish you, right?

Heard stories from folks. play for awhile,15 minutes of so... meet up with a big enemy, whack whack ooof -yer dead... then you need to start that area over again...

I played a little of one of them... fought some wolves or something, found a house, there were witches in there, they killed me. I think I stopped there... ha
Jonesy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2021 04:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JonesySend a Private Message to JonesyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TheDigitalAlchemist:

YOU HAVE DIED

Those games punish you, right?

Heard stories from folks. play for awhile,15 minutes of so... meet up with a big enemy, whack whack ooof -yer dead... then you need to start that area over again...

I played a little of one of them... fought some wolves or something, found a house, there were witches in there, they killed me. I think I stopped there... ha

The games aren't what i call "hard", but very punishing yes. All enemies in the game, even bosses are all pattern based. Once you figure out the patterns, the game is pretty easy to play and get into. You start with all you need to win the game, but its up to your skill to do it. Basically if your patient, you'll be fine.. If you try to hurry, and make a mistake, the game will punish you hard for it.

Don't worry about dying in the game, its all part of the mechanics. And dying and getting back to where you died usually isn't that bad. Like i said, once you figure out how things work, you can breeze through area's without much trouble. And its oh so satisfying once you do!

Oh and the bow is one of my favorite weapons! Watch the video i posted, i use it the entire 2nd half of the battle..

Here's one of me and my buddy fighting Midir the ancient Dragon (a super tough optional boss) I use a bow the entire fight.

Thought this one was funny, me hiding from an invader using stealth.. He eventually finds me, but he walks right past me a couple times lol.. I end up killing him once he spots me lol.

[This message has been edited by Jonesy (edited 04-29-2021).]

TheDigitalAlchemist

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2021 07:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, I watched it. Didn’t even know there were “ranged” weapons. Do you have limited arrows?
Jonesy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2021 01:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JonesySend a Private Message to JonesyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TheDigitalAlchemist:

Yeah, I watched it. Didn’t even know there were “ranged” weapons. Do you have limited arrows?

Yeah you use souls (you earn souls for every enemy killed, and souls are the games currency for leveling up, and buying items) to purchase them from merchants. There are all different types of arrows. Standard arrows, feather arrows for longer range, fire and lighting arrows, magic arrows, ect.. Plus you can upgrade and enchant your bows with different magic powers also. There are also lots and lots of types of bows, all with different attributes. You can carry up to 999 arrows of each type. I don't think i can remember a time were i ran out of arrows. They are so cheap and easy to get, just gotta make sure you top up your arrows from time to time.

I tend to build my characters to be sword and bow type characters "Rangers" putting most of my stat points in strength (ups sword damage) and dexterity (ups bow damage) ... like say you upgrade your bow to +10, then covert it to a "Fire bow" then all arrows you shoot will be fire arrows.. So i like to make a fire bow, then use lightning arrows, then my bow does fire & lightning damage at the same time, along with physical damage.

I use the Moonlight bow, you have to kill one of the bosses to get it. But it has the longest range of any long bow, and does magic damage with any arrows.. But its also the only bow in the game that can fire the "Moonlight arrows" they are very powerful magic arrows that can shoot through multiple targets. But they are very expensive. Oh, and the game has crossbows as well.. And all the same things apply to them that apply to bows. Just instead of arrows, you buy "bolts"..

[This message has been edited by Jonesy (edited 05-01-2021).]

Jonesy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2021 08:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JonesySend a Private Message to JonesyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Phew! Managed to finish my 2nd play through last night.. "New Game +"...

Gonna start my 3rd run tonight after work "NG++" ...

With every new playthrough, the enemies and bosses health and damage double, making the game even harder.

Gonna get brutal lol...

Was going through one of the final levels last night, and i got cursed by a Grave Tender.. A grave tender is a player that is part of a group that curses other players, causing super strong red phantom monsters to appear in your game, making it crazy hard.. You have to find the grave tenders sign on the ground, and click on it, and invade his game, hunt him down and kill him, to break the curse in your game, and every other players games as well.. Pretty fun feature.. I invaded his game, and he already had 2 other players chasing him down, lol.. Took about 10 minutes but we cornered him and took him down lol.

[This message has been edited by Jonesy (edited 05-06-2021).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock