Started on: 04-29-2021 06:24 AM
Replies: 2 (195 views)
Last post by: Raydar on 04-29-2021 08:57 PM
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2021 06:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Join a photographer as he describes what it's like to go into the old sarcophagus and hot rooms of the never ending cleanup and processing facilities located there.

https://petapixel.com/2021/...nuclear-power-plant/

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
hammer

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2021 07:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hammerSend a Private Message to hammerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Interesting read, thanks. I am intrigued by the way the Soviets handled their incident (fairly quick, mostly effective containment) versus the way the Japanese handled theirs ( long term ccontinual leakage) and the coverage of both by media ...
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2021 08:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for posting this. I find Chernobyl to be one of the most fascinating places/events I have ever read about.
Fukushima is, as well, but it's difficult to compare the two of them. Chernobyl was a "one-off". Fukushima is kind of like the "gift that keeps on giving".
Granted, both of them immediately rendered large swaths of landscape uninhabitable for decades/centuries, but Fukushima continues to pollute because of the continuous flooding with water, in order to keep it cool, and stop it from melting even more. (At least I think that's still going on.)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock