Started on: 04-23-2021 12:44 PM
Replies: 13 (412 views)
Last post by: jdv on 05-01-2023 11:45 AM
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2021 12:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Seminole Heights serial killer
https://en.wikipedia.org/wi...eights_serial_killer
On November 28, 2017, police arrested Howell Emanuel "Trai" Donaldson III

Monica Caridad Hoffa
On the morning of October 13, a city landscape crew was about to mow an overgrown field in the 1000 block of E New Orleans Avenue when they stumbled upon a woman's body. The victim, later identified as Monica Caridad Hoffa, a 32-year-old white female, was shot dead while walking to a friend's home. The shooting is believed to have happened on the evening of October 11 or some time on October 12. Police said there was no clear connection between Hoffa and Mitchell, the first victim. Her body was found a half mile from where Mitchell was killed.

I served in the Navy with Monica's father. Every day for the past 3 1/2 years he has suffered along with the rest of Monica's family..
April 11 is Monica's birthday. Kenny celebrated at the site of her death.

I marked this political because I am sure it will end up there.

[This message has been edited by Jake_Dragon (edited 04-23-2021).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2021 01:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"On November 28, 2017, police arrested... "

3 years 5 months later and still hasn't gone to trial?

The wheels of justice turn slowly, but grind exceedingly fine?

Sounds like a bearing has locked up and they aren't turning at all......
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2021 06:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

"On November 28, 2017, police arrested... "

3 years 5 months later and still hasn't gone to trial?

The wheels of justice turn slowly, but grind exceedingly fine?

Sounds like a bearing has locked up and they aren't turning at all......

Hearing after hearing, its not fair to the families.
There is another hearing at the end of the month.
There was a motion to separate to 4 different trials and now they are saying that evidence can only be submitted for the case before the court and nothing about the other 3 cases can be submitted.
rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2021 07:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
At least the suspect is in jail. He is in jail? I looked at the Wiki and then used a link in the Wiki to look at a news report (from 2018, I think.) I can't imagine that he's not in jail.

Sounds like it's just a matter of time and process before he's convicted and sentenced.

I have no experience myself with what the victims's families and friends are feeling about it. I would think that the thought that nags them the most, in the narrow context of the exact disposition of the case, is that somehow he might get off on some technicality and eventually become free again. But if not that, then at least he's been jailed for all these years and will continue to be jailed until he's finally convicted and sentenced.

This reminds me of another case that I read about and was on TV. A "kid" (black) in New York City. Got hit with some minor charge of shoplifting, if memory serves me. For whatever reasons, he was jailed at Rikers Island for a long time before any movement on his case. After he finally got free again, he killed himself.

Obviously, two very different circumstances and cases.

I hope that Jake_Dragon (I seldom take liberties with screen names) will eventually be able to update this with something more positive.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 04-23-2021).]

Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2021 08:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rinselberg:

At least the suspect is in jail. He is in jail? I looked at the Wiki and then used a link in the Wiki to look at a news report (from 2018, I think.) I can't imagine that he's not in jail.

He is in jail and is in Florida so it doubtful that he will get any kind of leniency.
But he has been complaining that his health is deteriorating while he is in prison.

I wouldn't expect any acceptable news soon. But the longer it takes the harder it is to prosecute.
That is probably the defenses game to keep him out of the chair.
In the end there is no good news, Kenny will continue to celebrate Monica's birthday and try to find peace.

You can call me Jake, its my middle name. Dragon was added when I use to be involved in online games.
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2021 08:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A 65+ year old uncle of mine was shot and killed while sitting in his pickup truck on a city street in NW Louisiana in 2004. It was difficult to absorb. Evidently, he was parked across the street (pretty much) from a married woman's house that he had some kind of relationship with and the offended husband walked out on the front lawn and put a 30-06 round thru the truck door and killed him instantly, then killed his own wife.
I never did hear whether or when the shooter went to trial.

We were not terribly close, him living in North Texas and us about400 miles away.

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 04-23-2021).]

MidEngineManiac

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post04-23-2021 09:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This was here a couple days ago. Small-town butt-**** nowhere pop. 5,000

https://www.chathamdailynew...ed-in-fatal-shooting

Didnt even hit the guy they were after, just a bystander from the house. Big cities sheet happens, but places like this are the last places you ever expect this kind of stuff.

[This message has been edited by MidEngineManiac (edited 04-23-2021).]

randye

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2021 11:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jake_Dragon:

Seminole Heights serial killer
https://en.wikipedia.org/wi...eights_serial_killer
On November 28, 2017, police arrested Howell Emanuel "Trai" Donaldson III

I served in the Navy with Monica's father. Every day for the past 3 1/2 years he has suffered along with the rest of Monica's family..
April 11 is Monica's birthday. Kenny celebrated at the site of her death.

I remember when this happened.

What I don't remember is if you were still living in Lakeland or if you had already left Florida ?

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 04-23-2021).]

Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2021 04:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I had already left, I didn't hear that it was Monica until 2018. Kenny reached out and we talked a little bit about it.
He has had a hard life, but he kept his faith.
cliffw

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2021 07:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I mark anything and everything political, because I got tired of all the whining and crying if it went political.

Sorry to hear of your friend's daughter. My Dad was born in Tampa and I lived there when he went to Viet-Nam.

There was a motion to separate to 4 different trials and now they are saying that evidence can only be submitted for the case before the court and nothing about the other 3 cases can be submitted.

How can four different trials be separated ? I think you mean "cases / investigations".
I do think it would be unfair to include other "alleged" crimes as circumstancial "proof".

The ballistic proof tying the crimes together, questionable. I can see that an incriminating murder weapon could have been tossed and found by another 'nere do well, or sold to one.

My thoughts to Kenny and the family.

Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2021 12:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:

How can four different trials be separated ? I think you mean "cases / investigations".
I do think it would be unfair to include other "alleged" crimes as circumstancial "proof".

The ballistic proof tying the crimes together, questionable. I can see that an incriminating murder weapon could have been tossed and found by another 'nere do well, or sold to one.

My thoughts to Kenny and the family.

4 separate murders and instead of one trial its been broken up into 4
PFF
System Bot
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2023 08:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2023 11:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
jdv

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2023 11:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jdvSend a Private Message to jdvEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is some good news. Maybe the new death penalty law had some effect on his decision.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock