Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  Hey what we gonna do? We're gonna go out there and ki.. ki.. kill U.S. Senators . . .

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Hey what we gonna do? We're gonna go out there and ki.. ki.. kill U.S. Senators . . . by rinselberg
Started on: 04-21-2021 10:37 AM
Replies: 21 (516 views)
Last post by: rinselberg on 05-04-2021 02:39 AM
rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2021 10:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bonus points for anyone who recognizes the reference.

"Trump fans scarce among potential jurors at trial of Queens man accused of threatening Democratic politicians"

Trump supporters in trouble for threatening violence to politicians might consider what Queens resident Brendan Hunt saw Tuesday in Brooklyn Federal Court during jury selection at his trial on charges of threatening to slaughter prominent Democrats.

“I’m not a fan of Donald Trump. I can’t stand him,” one potential juror said. . . .

[Brendan] Hunt, 37 — a fan of the bogus idea [so says Noah Goldberg, reporter for the New York Daily News] that Democrats stole last November’s election from then-president Donald Trump — is charged with making threatening remarks toward Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer, Speaker Nancy Pelosi and Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez. . . .

Opening statements in Hunt’s trial could start as soon as Tuesday in what is believed to be the first Capitol-riot related federal trial in the country.

Hunt did not participate in the riot and invasion of the Capitol. But two days later, he called for Trump supporters to go back to Washington and “show up with our guns,” prosecutors said.

“We need to go back to the U.S. Capitol when all of the senators and a lot of the representatives are back there, and this time we have to show up with our guns. And we need to slaughter these motherf-----s,” he said in an 88-second social media video titled “Kill your senators,” according to court papers. . . .

Since his arrest, Hunt has been suspended from his job as an analyst for the state court system. His father is a retired Queens Family Court judge, John Hunt.
Noah Goldberg for the New York Daily News; April 21, 2021.
https://www.nydailynews.com...vdnxxvvwq-story.html

First Amendment-protected speech? Will that "dog" Hunt?

"Watch this space."

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 04-21-2021).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
MidEngineManiac

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post04-21-2021 10:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Seems to me a "Jury of his peers" would be 100% Trump supporters, otherwise he will have a biased jury and trial.

Appeal documents are already being written and it aint even started yet.
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2021 12:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
And a 'jury of his peers' in the Chauvin trial would have been 12 law enforcement officers.

We've been down that road in decades past when all police matters were handled in-house by the police.
It was a failure by all accounts.

The Constitution doesn't guarantee a perfect trial. It only guarantees a fair trial, or as close to one as possible.

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 04-21-2021).]

Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2021 12:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

And a 'jury of his peers' in the Chauvin trial would have been 12 law enforcement officers.

The Constitution doesn't guarantee a perfect trial. It only guarantees a fair trial, or as close to one as possible.

No but if your haltered of someone means you will falsely accuse someone else of a crime then you should be disqualified.
Find 12 impartial jurors or just 12 people that haven't been on social media or watched what is called news today.
If you do they would probably be the first to be dismissed.
randye

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2021 12:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
WT ever livin' F is the point of that moronic article?

I'm sure it thrills equally moronic, low information, Leftists, but in the most basic practical terms it's complete manure.

People hold and express all kinds of opinions.

VOIR DIRE is the court process by which potential jurors with extreme opinions both FOR and AGAINST topics germane to the defendant are "weeded out" by attorneys and judges.

That "article" offers nothing of any importance as it just allegedly quotes a few expressed opinions. It never tells how large the jury pool in voir dire was or exactly how many of the jury pool shared the opinions alleged in that "article".

That "article" says absolutely nothing about who was chosen to serve on that jury and who was excused on the basis of their expressed opinions in voir dire.

That "article" is nothing more than a puddle of moron's drool pretending to be "journalism" meant to catch the attention of exactly the kind of audience that parroted it here on this forum.

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 04-22-2021).]

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2021 01:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

randye

13768 posts
Member since Mar 2006

Originally posted by MidEngineManiac:

Seems to me a "Jury of his peers" would be 100% Trump supporters

Originally posted by maryjane:

It appears obvious that neither one of you understand what a "jury of peers" means.

American citizens are guaranteed by the 6th Amendment of our Constitution to have a "jury of peers", a right that has historic roots all the way back in the Magna Carta.

THAT is only a part of what "guarantees a fair trial" in our system of jurisprudence.

"A jury of one's peers" does not now, nor has it ever, meant (post Magna Carta), a jury composed of people just like the defendant except to mean peers being other citizens.

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 04-22-2021).]

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2021 10:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Plan "A" was to post the New York Times report, of considerably higher quality, but I went with a report from the New York Daily News because, unlike the New York Times report, it's not protected by a subscriber paywal" and it provides at least the bare facts of the story--that this man is now on trial because of his remarks on social media.

Within the Daily News report, I did not attach any particular significance to the remarks about the juror selection process, or about the number of (potential) jurors that expressed their strong dislike for and disapproval of President Trump.

I didn't give any thought to removing that part of the Daily News report from view, because I didn't anticipate some other forum member (who would that be? ) seizing upon it like an autistic child fixates upon a small toy and starts twirling it incessantly in his hands, or banging it against a wall or sticking it in his mouth and chewing on it. Or sticking it into some other bodily orifice, like one of his nostrils, or even some other bodily orifice. Or removing his trousers and trying to set his ass on fire.

"Ass fire in Florida"

Here's the New York Times report. "For the record."

"He Said to ‘Kill Your Senators’ in an Online Video. Now He’s on Trial."
Nicole Hong for the New York Times; April 21, 2021.
https://www.nytimes.com/202...nt-capitol-riot.html

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 04-22-2021).]

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2021 11:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
He shoulda just told them to "be more confrontational", since apparently that means nothing.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2021 04:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by randye:
It appears obvious that neither one of you understand what a "jury of peers" means.

American citizens are guaranteed by the 6th Amendment of our Constitution to have a "jury of peers", a right that has historic roots all the way back in the Magna Carta.

THAT is only a part of what "guarantees a fair trial" in our system of jurisprudence.

"A jury of one's peers" does not now, nor has it ever, meant (post Magna Carta), a jury composed of people just like the defendant except to mean peers being other citizens.

No one has ever seriously stated nor implied that it did, and it's why I enclosed the phrase in single quotation marks, but thanks for pointing out the obvious.

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 04-22-2021).]

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2021 12:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rinselberg:

Plan "A" was to post the New York Times report,

BUT YOU DIDN'T...........which completely validates my earlier point.

You got the very same THRILL out of posting that pointless, puerile, pile of crap here as an adolescent does setting fire to a paper bag full of dog poop on a doorstep, ringing the doorbell and running away.

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 04-23-2021).]

olejoedad

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2021 01:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good analogy.

Plan A?

He makes plans for his posts?

(hey rinse, have you thought about getting a hloibfbey?)

[This message has been edited by olejoedad (edited 04-23-2021).]

PFF
System Bot
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2021 03:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here's the kind of Brendan Hunt news that you've been clamoring for. "A fly on the courtroom wall . . . riveting." How's this for openers?

BROOKLYN (CN) — Sounds of rioters shouting and clashing during the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol echoed through a Brooklyn federal courtroom Thursday, as prosecutors played videos published by a Queens man accused of threatening to murder United States officials.

Following the Capitol riots, Brendan Hunt, 37, posted a video online titled “Kill Your Senators,” which calls for rioters to “go back to the U.S. Capitol … and this time we have to show up with our guns.” In a Facebook post the previous month, Hunt called for the “public execution” of House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer and Representative Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez.

Hunt’s attorneys say he made a mistake with his posting but did not commit a crime.

Proceedings — the first federal trial to deal with the fallout from the insurrection that injured dozens and left five people dead — are underway in a socially distanced courthouse that remains clearly marked by the Covid-19 pandemic. FBI witnesses spoke on Thursday from behind a plexiglass screen, wearing face shields. At one point, U.S. District Judge Pamela K. Chen asked Hunt to briefly lower his face mask so that a special agent could properly identify him. . . .

That's not quite the half of it. You know the drill by now.

"Capitol Riot Videos, Anti-Semitic Texts Raised in Brendan Hunt Trial"
Nina Pullano for Courthouse News Service; April 22, 2021.
https://www.courthousenews....-brendan-hunt-trial/

A reminder:

Brendan Hunt did not participate in the riot and invasion of the Capitol [on January 6.]

He wasn't at or near the Capitol Building on January 6.

NBC New York.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 04-23-2021).]

olejoedad

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2021 09:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I suspect the number of people that have similar feelings about the fate of certain government officials would be surprising, and perhaps chilling, if known.

I certainly wouldn't watch the news coverage.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2021 11:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

I suspect the number of people that have similar feelings about the fate of certain government officials would be surprising, and perhaps chilling, if known.

I certainly wouldn't watch the news coverage.

Past and present...

There have been a surprising # that actually acted on their feelings.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wi...American_politicians

If one includes law enforcement members attacked or killed, the list is much much longer.

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2021 05:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

BUT YOU DIDN'T...........which completely validates my earlier point.

You got the very same THRILL out of posting that pointless, puerile, pile of crap here as an adolescent does setting fire to a paper bag full of dog poop on a doorstep, ringing the doorbell and running away

What part of this is (was) he unable to read and understand?

Plan "A" was to post the New York Times report, of considerably higher quality, but I went with a report from the New York Daily News because, unlike the New York Times report, it's not protected by a subscriber paywal" and it provides at least the bare facts of the story--that this man is now on trial because of his remarks on social media.
I still post links to articles that are behind subscriber paywalls, but at the same time, I like to go with freely accessible online material whenever that suits my purpose.

It's very much the exception for me to quote a "randye" message and respond in any directly conversational way. Even here, I go out of my way to refer to refer to him only in the third person, to signify my extraordinary distaste for his visibility and for his prior remarks in this thread.

When I think of how to describe "randye" I think of a sentence that I just encountered the other day, about former Secretary of State Mike Pompeo--well, here:

He’s like a heat-seeking missile for [kissing] Trump’s ass.
"Mike Pompeo, the Secretary of Trump"
Susan B. Glasser for the New Yorker; August 19, 2019.
https://www.newyork...tary-of-trump

If randye responds to this message--and he seldom passes up a chance to "return fire"--I expect he would say that he's not "pro-Trump" (particularly) but that he's solidly and uncompromisingly "conservative." Or with one of his tiresome and asinine (and asininely predictable) screeds about "Liberals" or "neo-Marxists" (etc.) But now that I've said this, I expect he will at least rack his brain to see if he could say something else instead. Maybe rack his brain and not find anything else and just say exactly what I've just predicted for him.

I will just reiterate, for anyone else who might be looking at these messages:

Within the [New York] Daily News report, I did not attach any particular significance to the remarks about the juror selection process, or about the number of (potential) jurors that expressed their strong dislike for and disapproval of President Trump.
I am somewhat familiar (for a layman, not a lawyer) with the process of screening potential jurors or voir dire. It's typical of forum member randye's asinine voice here that he would believe (or pretend to believe) otherwise, which I think is something that can be read from, or read from between the lines of the first of his three prior messages in this thread.

You [rinselberg] got the very same THRILL out of posting that pointless, puerile, pile of crap here as an adolescent does setting fire to a paper bag full of dog poop on a doorstep, ringing the doorbell and running away.
If that were really at the top of my mind in my messaging here--to post "crap" that is negative about Trump, or anything that goes against forum member randye's less than perfectly sane conceptualizations of "conservatism"--then I would be seriously underperforming. I could easily post up a container ship's load more of such "crap" if I wanted to, or if I actually got the kind of thrill from it that forum member randye imagines, or wants to pretend that he imagines, or just gets his rocks off by saying it here.

Forum member randye is so not here for any remotely civil kind of conversation involving me that it's pure Captain Obvious on my part to be saying it.

It would be amazing for me to become aware on some future day that he has "crafted" his last asinine message on this forum. I don't expect it. I don't care how it happens. If he were to have a rethink about how he behaves here, and change to some consistently civil discourse, that would be great. If he were simply to become unable to message here, for whatever reason--all the same to me.

But I'm not holding my breath or even keeping my fingers crossed. I'd sooner buy a California State Lottery ticket than express any positive expectations about forum member randye--and I never buy lottery tickets unless it's a small-time charity kind of thing.

I close with my Signature. I hope that some will be familiar with its backstory.

------------------
Viva la revolución del 15 de agosto

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 04-23-2021).]

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2021 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

.....to signify my extraordinary distaste for his visibility...

When I think of how to describe "randye" ...

It's typical of forum member randye's asinine voice here....

...randye's less than perfectly sane conceptualizations...
...his tiresome and asinine (and asininely predictable) screeds...

It would be amazing for me to become aware on some future day that he has "crafted" his last asinine message on this forum

I'm not usually so blunt, but I guess this is kind of me filling in for the recently banned 'dawg, (Boondawg)

Keep it up and you'll probably be joining him.

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 04-24-2021).]

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2021 03:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Talk about a "one-eighty."

A Queens Occupy Wall Street activist who later became a Trump fanatic made online threats to murder House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, Sen. Chuck Schumer and Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, authorities said Tuesday.

Brendan Hunt, who works for New York State’s Office of Court Administration and is the son of a retired Family Court judge, was charged Tuesday with making the threats against elected officials over what he falsely claims was a stolen presidential election.

He was taken into custody after FBI agents raided his home on Gates Ave. in Ridgewood early Tuesday. . . .

Old news and new news. The part that's new to me is that this Brendan Hunt is being described as an "Occupy Wall Street" activist, before becoming a pro-Trump "fanatic."

"Occupy Wall Street activist turned Queens Trump supporter threatened to kill prominent Dems: feds"
Morgan Chittum, Noah Goldberg, Graham Rayman, Thomas Tracy and Chelsia Rose Marcus for the New York Daily News; January 19, 2021.
https://www.nydailynews.com...fgcehzawq-story.html

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 04-26-2021).]

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2021 05:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"Queens Man Convicted of Threatening to Murder Members of Congress"

Following a one-week trial before United States District Judge Pamela K. Chen, a federal jury in Brooklyn convicted Brendan Hunt, also known as “X-Ray Ultra,” of threatening to assault and murder members of the United States Congress to impede, interfere and intimidate with those members and to retaliate against them on account of their performance of their official duties. When sentenced on June 22, 2021, Hunt faces up to 10 years in prison. . . .
Homeland Security Today; May 3, 2021.
https://www.hstoday.us/subj...members-of-congress/
williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2021 06:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Frank had him pegged. Look up "The Voice of Cheese". (NSFW)

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2021 07:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, I looked it up. That's why first and foremost, I prefer (and have always preferred) instrumental jazz. Because nobody says anything.
sourmash

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post05-03-2021 07:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Jazz is easy to play, unlike what you may have heard. Each band member just plays a different song.
PFF
System Bot
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2021 02:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Following a one-week trial before United States District Judge Pamela K. Chen, a federal jury in Brooklyn convicted Brendan Hunt, also known as “X-Ray Ultra,” of threatening to assault and murder members of the United States Congress to impede, interfere and intimidate with those members and to retaliate against them on account of their performance of their official duties. When sentenced on June 22, 2021, Hunt faces up to 10 years in prison. . . .
Homeland Security Today; May 3, 2021.
https://www.hstoday.us/subj...members-of-congress/

This was the first part of tonight's (May 3) "The Last Word with Lawrence O'Donnell" on MSNBC.

Brendan Hunt, aka "X-Ray Ultra".

Can I pick 'em or what?

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 05-04-2021).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock