Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  'Exiting Extremism: Inside One Group’s Mission To Help People Out Of Hate' (NBC News)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
'Exiting Extremism: Inside One Group’s Mission To Help People Out Of Hate' (NBC News) by rinselberg
Started on: 04-16-2021 10:59 AM
Replies: 23 (373 views)
Last post by: 2.5 on 05-06-2021 12:35 PM
rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2021 10:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've always been interested by Extremism. Extremism of all kinds, from the more malignant manifestations of White Nationalism, to Islamic extremism and more recently, the phenomena of Black Nationalist militia groups in the U.S., which to the best of my knowledge--at least, the one group that I read about most recently--has not been charged with any crimes of violence and has so far been able to present themselves as having a purely defensive posture and attitude.

Publish an article or create a video about Extremism of whatever "flavor" and odds are, if I see it, I will read or view it.

The phrase "self-medicating with Hate" comes up at the very beginning of this brief video segment from NBC News. I think that's very accurate in many of these cases. A person has some other kind of problem or maybe two or three different problems that are getting the better of them, and they turn to Extremism as a kind of self-medication. Like an opioid, I think. They indulge in Extremism as a way to distract themselves and dull the pain of their real problems in life.

"Exiting Extremism: Inside One Group’s Mission To Help People Out Of Hate" highlights the counseling and interventions group "Parents For Peace."
vdeo content from NBC News; posted to YouTube on April 15, 2021.
3+ minutes.

"No friends, I'm not talking about Hate. I'm talking about Eight. Dinner at Eight . . ."

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 04-16-2021).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
MidEngineManiac

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post04-16-2021 11:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here is a hint...

Stop bothering people who dont want to be bothered.
Stop forcing **** up their ass they dont want forced.
Stop trying to rule those who wont be ruled.
Stop trying to socially engineer those who wont be socially engineered

Then there would be no need for these self-defense groups to form in the 1st place. Its actually pretty simple. People can understand the concept of "no I wont" and "yes I will" on their own, or it can be done for them.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2021 11:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rinselberg:

They indulge in Extremism as a way to distract themselves and dull the pain of their real problems in life.

Can I get a hearty, resounding "Well Duh!"

Extremism also manifests itself in non-violent, but nonetheless antisocial, destructive ways. It is not only the burning, looting and murder instigated by groups such as antifa, BLM and islamists, but the passive aggressive tyranny of groups such as the LGBLTGQMSNBC that lobby government to require that the rest of the population bend to their will.

Self hate is the driving force behind a lot of destructive behavior.

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2021 12:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

They indulge in Extremism as a way to distract themselves and dull the pain of their real problems in life.

Originally posted by williegoat:

Can I get a hearty, resounding "Well Duh!"

Extremism also manifests itself in non-violent, but nonetheless antisocial, destructive ways. It is not only the burning, looting and murder instigated by groups such as antifa, BLM and islamists, but the passive aggressive tyranny of groups such as the LGBLTGQMSNBC that lobby government to require that the rest of the population bend to their will.

Self hate is the driving force behind a lot of destructive behavior.

Similar to the reasons many Bullys do what they do.

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 04-16-2021).]

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2021 12:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

"No friends, I'm not talking about Hate. I'm talking about Eight. Dinner at Eight . . ."

"Ghosts upon the battlement? Me thought ye spake of goats upon the battlement."
sourmash

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post04-16-2021 12:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm not familiar with the militancy of White Nationalists. I'm aware of the criminals who attack them when they assemble while the police stand down and even cause violent confrontations.

I'm also old enough to remember the original Black Panthers and their violence, so that doesn't qualify to the uber biased OP, I guess?
BLM murders, looting, arson, etc., is one of our main problems in the USA.

Blacks, for the most part, aren't pushing for trannyism and special rights for people who perform some sort of sexual acts. Whites aren't doing that either. But one group is pushing it worldwide.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2021 12:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I've always been interested by Extremism. NBC News. Extremism as a kind of self-medication. Like an opioid, I think. They indulge in Extremism as a way to distract themselves and dull the pain of their real problems in life.

I can't say it any better.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2021 02:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"Black Nationalist militia groups"

I'm tired of folks bringing up skin color so much.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2021 03:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

"Black Nationalist militia groups"

I'm tired of folks bringing up skin color so much.

I agree. Defining things by race or skin color is a way to avoid the issue. It is laziness. You don't have to think about the issue anymore if you can blame it on genetic inheritance. Do people still use the term "cop out"?
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2021 07:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes, williegoat just did.
sourmash

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-16-2021 08:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tell them that. Them in the area where you can't go on the weekend or at night if you're pale. Reverse the races and locations and there will never be a problem. Funny, huh?
PFF
System Bot
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2021 09:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
sourmash

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-16-2021 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, I saw that yesterday. He didn't want him gone for being dark. The guy was a creep. The creep was getting on his lawn and intentionally baiting the other guy. There was no assault that I saw, not in the way we grew up.

The culmination was black people went to that house and started "assaulting" the family. Police had to move them to safety.

You proved my point.

[This message has been edited by sourmash (edited 04-16-2021).]

OldGuyinaGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2021 12:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OldGuyinaGTSend a Private Message to OldGuyinaGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not so much about only extremism, cut the state of the world in general, and the country in particular:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3kKhIrAD78

I'm old enough to have been in high school when this song was new. Fit then, still fits now.

I don't know whether to be angry and depressed that it's still true, or to take heart in the fact that we're still here in spite of it. I think I'll try some of both.
randye

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2021 03:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I've always been interested by Extremism. Extremism of all kinds....

It is evident from your posting history here that the extremism of Antifa, BLM and the extremism of your comrades of the Marxist Left doesn't interest you in the very least except possibly to applaud it, defend it or excuse it.

Additionally, lest you forget, a very large chunk of that long stripe of red in your ratings bar was earned by you in your years-long, bizarre, defense of Islam and the extremism inherent in it's dogma.

So, Yes, your "interest" in extremism is obvious.

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 04-17-2021).]

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2021 04:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sourmash:

Yeah, I saw that yesterday. He didn't want him gone for being dark. The guy was a creep. The creep was getting on his lawn and intentionally baiting the other guy. There was no assault that I saw, not in the way we grew up.

The culmination was black people went to that house and started "assaulting" the family. Police had to move them to safety.

You proved my point.

The white Army Sgt was the one charged with 3rd degree assault/battery and I suspect has seen his last promotion in the military.
The only thing missing out of that exchange was
"Don't let the sun set on you here boy & you need to learn yore place."

Papers Please...Where are your papers?

https://www.newsweek.com/sh...w-each-other-1584202

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 04-17-2021).]

Hudini

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2021 06:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Be very wary anytime someone uses “white nationalist” when they are referring to white supremacists. It’s part of the broader attack on Nationalists in favor of Globalists. If one can paint Nationalism in the vein of racism you can make people view Globalism favorably.

Never let the left frame the argument. Nationalism is not about any race.
sourmash

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-17-2021 09:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

The white Army Sgt was the one charged with 3rd degree assault/battery and I suspect has seen his last promotion in the military.
The only thing missing out of that exchange was
"Don't let the sun set on you here boy & you need to learn yore place."

Papers Please...Where are your papers?

https://www.newsweek.com/sh...w-each-other-1584202

You proved my point.
Let me dumb it down for you. Hundreds of unafraid Blacks invaded his front yard, broke a window and threatened them with violence and death until police had to evacuate them in night. They can go anywhere. I dare you to go to MLK and try that. It'll be fun.

The Drill Sergeant didn't assault him. He accosted him. The creep kept baiting him by stepping onto his lawn after being told not to. The Drill Sergeant did his drill routine which wasnt about skin.

You don't have to like the Army, nor drill sergeants, nor Whitish people. (Mr Sergeant looks a little mixture of something). That skull.

Flip the roles and Whitish man is beaten by a pack of 4-8, his head stomped while lying unconscious and possibly urinated on for his skin color. The woman would be assaulted too.

Got it now, boy?
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post04-18-2021 02:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
AFAIAC the Sgt. handled it properly, and exactly the same way I handle similar situations.

MY home. You've been told to leave. Shut your yap and do it....or be removed

It's not a negotiation, its an enforcement action. Zero tolerance for argument.

No cops required. (or wanted, its NOT a police matter)

[This message has been edited by MidEngineManiac (edited 04-18-2021).]

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2021 10:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've walked up and down MLK Memphis Tn (and Beale St before it became a tourist destination) many times at night and never had a bit of trouble and MLK in the town nearest where I live as well.
I've walked and driven in lots more dangerous places than those tho.

Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2021 02:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Google "Maxine Waters Chauvin"
PFF
System Bot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2021 04:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hudini:

Be very wary anytime someone uses “white nationalist” when they are referring to white supremacists. It’s part of the broader attack on Nationalists in favor of Globalists. If one can paint Nationalism in the vein of racism you can make people view Globalism favorably.

Never let the left frame the argument. Nationalism is not about any race.

This is the game much of the media plays daily.
sourmash

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-05-2021 07:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've done dumb things too. Other people know what I'm talking about regarding those areas. There are MLK jr blvds in remote areas with no residential and almost nothing else around which are safe. Memphis had riots which alleviated some tensions for a time.

People don't know this, but Oprah had to buy MLK Jr's widow into a new home, and she chose one in a mostly White area because the home she lived in with MLK Jr was getting broken into even while she was asleep there. So hold the bs, maryjane.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2021 12:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

I've walked up and down MLK Memphis Tn (and Beale St before it became a tourist destination) many times at night and never had a bit of trouble and MLK in the town nearest where I live as well.
I've walked and driven in lots more dangerous places than those tho.

This peaked my interest, so I tried to determine when that (bold) occured:
Apparently "On December 15, 1977, Beale Street was officially declared the "Home of the Blues" by an act of Congress." -wikipedia

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock