Started on: 04-02-2021 10:36 AM
Replies: 14 (279 views)
Last post by: 2.5 on 04-12-2021 01:28 PM
williegoat

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2021 10:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

------------------

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2021 12:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2021 04:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Notorio

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2021 11:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NotorioSend a Private Message to NotorioEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Were there any good Buicks, back in the day??
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post04-09-2021 11:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I dunno about "back in the day", but an 84 LeSabre is a living room on wheels tha whoops ass when the foot goes down, (welllll....with a little work) , and an 02 Century (Dad and I had matching cars at one time) is THE place to be on a 10-hour drive.....

BOTH kind of give an "ahhhh, thats nice" response getting into them.

[This message has been edited by MidEngineManiac (edited 04-09-2021).]

rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2021 02:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Notorio:
Were there any good Buicks, back in the day??

1987 Buick Grand National Regal GNX
https://www.americanmusclec...ional-regal-gnx.html
Steel

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2021 03:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SteelSend a Private Message to SteelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Big fan of the Regal T-Type and GNX Buicks..

Most of this list are really cool as well:

https://www.hotcars.com/best-cars-buick-made
williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2021 03:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think 2.5 has a nice Buick, a '71 Skylark or something similar.

Also, I have always loved the original Riviera.

Notorio

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2021 12:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NotorioSend a Private Message to NotorioEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I forgot about ALL of those old name plates. Our neighbor in the 70s had a Wildcat. Back in the day, yes, when Cars were Boats and Boats were, well, not sure them ...
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2021 01:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Notorio:

I forgot about ALL of those old name plates. Our neighbor in the 70s had a Wildcat. Back in the day, yes, when Cars were Boats and Boats were, well, not sure them ...

The Buick Wildcat is hands down my favorite Buick... with the nailhead v8.

Also... the Holiday Coupes were pretty good... like 1952, etc.

hammer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2021 05:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hammerSend a Private Message to hammerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I had a '56 Special with the nailhead back in the late eighties. Heavy, smooth riding car but it would still move...Lived on a real quiet road at the time and many nights I drove it home from work at a hundred mph! Those were some good times....
PFF
System Bot
Notorio

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2021 11:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NotorioSend a Private Message to NotorioEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hammer:

I had a '56 Special with the nailhead back in the late eighties. Heavy, smooth riding car but it would still move...Lived on a real quiet road at the time and many nights I drove it home from work at a hundred mph! Those were some good times....

Hot dog! Never heard of that motor but turns out it was pretty unique. Check out this article on the motor and there's a cool time-lapse video of the rebuild at the bottom of the page: Secrets of the Buick Nailhead V8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2021 10:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

I think 2.5 has a nice Buick, a '71 Skylark or something similar.

Yep 72, very very similar to 71.

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 04-11-2021).]

cvxjet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2021 11:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Back around the year 2000 Car Craft Magazine did an article where they built up all of the Big Block engines (Ford 460, Chevy 454, Olds, Buick and Pontiac 455s and Chryco 440)......All with similar parts.....Amazingly, the BUICK was both the LIGHTEST and had the most HP.......

After Ford came out with the "Personal Luxury" Thunderbird, Buick was the first company to do a comparable car; The Riviera.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2021 01:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cvxjet:

Back around the year 2000 Car Craft Magazine did an article where they built up all of the Big Block engines (Ford 460, Chevy 454, Olds, Buick and Pontiac 455s and Chryco 440)......All with similar parts.....Amazingly, the BUICK was both the LIGHTEST and had the most HP.......

After Ford came out with the "Personal Luxury" Thunderbird, Buick was the first company to do a comparable car; The Riviera.

My Skylark is a 350 cu in version, fine for me, but yep there is big power for their time in some Buicks, even factory.

"1970 Buick GS Stage 1 horsepower
The GS Stage 1 built on the basic formula established in the Gran Sport, whose new 455 CI engine was rated at 350 HP and an astonishing 510 lb-ft of torque, the latter figure all-in at just 2,800 RPM.
More realistic output rating is believed to have been closer to 395 hp, if not higher.

Dennis Manner, Buick Engine development engineer still recalls the production-line pulled engine dyno test results from 1970 where the lowest HP output of the 15 tested 455 Stage 1 engines was 376 hp.

MOTOR TREND Magazine managed to extract a 13.38 ET at 105.5 mph from their 3,810 pound GS Stage 1 coupe test car. "

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 04-12-2021).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock