Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  TV show 'Mom' canceled. Looking for new suggestions.

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
TV show 'Mom' canceled. Looking for new suggestions. by otakudude
Started on: 04-01-2021 11:27 PM
Replies: 8 (225 views)
Last post by: maryjane on 04-03-2021 12:23 PM
otakudude

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2021 11:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for otakududeSend a Private Message to otakududeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just found out earlier tonight that the TV show 'Mom' has been canceled. I have to admit it was a bit of a surprise as I thought the shows numbers were rather good but I guess all things have to come to end sooner or later.

This was easily one of my favorite programs and one I looked forward to weekly. There were no pandemics, crime drama, ghosts or masked singers. It was simply a relaxing comedy that depicted friends and family hanging out, supporting each other when needed and in general just enjoying one another's company.

Other than a small handful of programs, I pretty much stopped watching TV a few years ago when it seemed most of what was on were police/medical procedural's, lame comedies, reality programing and what I call boogeyman shows where the cast has to deal with a zombies / monsters / terrorist / etc. threat with the end result being I have no idea if there are any comedies out there worth watching. As such, can you guys give me some suggestions of similar programs that I might enjoy now that 'Mom' is now wrapping things up?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
randye

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2021 11:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by otakudude:

....friends and family hanging out, supporting each other when needed and in general just enjoying one another's company.

You don't need a television to do that.

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 04-02-2021).]

otakudude

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2021 01:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for otakududeSend a Private Message to otakududeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by randye:

You don't need a television to do that.

Ideally yes, I'd totally agree with you but unfortunately I'm rather isolated and most of my friends live over a thousand miles from me (I live in IL with friends in RI, MA, FL and CA). We do speak on the phone and Skype occasionally but that's about it. The same thing goes for family (NY, GA, IA & WA) minus the phone calls however.

As such, it's relaxing for me to watch programs where people just hang with friends and occasionally do things. I know it's weird but it does feel nice, even if I know it's not real.

[This message has been edited by otakudude (edited 04-02-2021).]

TheDigitalAlchemist

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2021 01:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Didn’t one of the main stars quit last season?

If you like shows about friends, I heard there’s a show about that...

What kinda stuff are you Into?

Everybody loves Raymond was pretty well done. Modern Family is well put together, Frings is an interesting take on “family” and relationships...

Not sure what is good that’s “recent”.
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2021 01:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Recent and 'good'?

Not much.

WAAY too much personal drama on most TV nowadays.

I stick with Death in Paradise and Midsomer Murders most of the time. Both have 'some' drama in them but it's not overwhelming.
Camille Bordey (Sara Martins) is a joy to watch...
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2021 04:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My suggestion is to stop watching TV.
cvxjet

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2021 07:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I watch the Old TV show stations a lot; Laff, METV, etc.....The old shows were well done and not a lot of....extreme behavior. There is almost nothing worth watching on nowadays- The "reality" show craze kind of wrecked TV.....Especially since most of that is not that.....Real!

A slightly older show that was really good- and had NO laugh track- was "Better Off Ted" about a guy running research at a giant Corporation (Veridian Dynamics) and his co-workers....Very funny- and his little daughter many times is most obviously the "mature one" (She should have won an award!) Sample the episode "Racial Sensitivity".....

I forgot to mention- they have these very realistic "Commercials" for Veridian Dynamics.....At first I thought they were real commercials, until I connected the name of the corporation....Those are a real hoot!

[This message has been edited by cvxjet (edited 04-02-2021).]

Cheeper2keeper

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-02-2021 09:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheeper2keeperSend a Private Message to Cheeper2keeperEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Swamp People

[This message has been edited by Cheeper2keeper (edited 04-02-2021).]

maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2021 12:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cheeper2keeper:

Swamp People

man drama for grown men?
no.

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 04-03-2021).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave