Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  He started the Pontiac-Oakland Museum in IL. Now he plans a new Pontiac museum in MI.

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
He started the Pontiac-Oakland Museum in IL. Now he plans a new Pontiac museum in MI. by rinselberg
Started on: 03-27-2021 08:26 PM
Replies: 3 (120 views)
Last post by: williegoat on 03-28-2021 12:01 PM
rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2021 08:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"Remember Pontiac? This collector wants to turn a Michigan school into a museum for the GM car brand"

A decade ago, he started a museum for Pontiac vehicles in Pontiac, Illinois.

In the middle of nowhere, opening that small museum in a small town – on historic Route 66 – brought visitors from around the world. The admission is free, but many of those visitors still leave real money behind while ogling GM’s dead brand.

Now the Pontiacpreneur wants to expand in a new museum, in the other Pontiac. Tim Dye says the Pontiac Transportation Museum he's creating inside a former elementary school, just west of downtown Pontiac, Michigan, can do even better than his original spot. Dye said he will shoot for 50,000 visitors a year, giving a boost to the hopeful city that once built GM’s storied brand.

We’ve got 55 cars here already,” he says, sounding as amazed as his visitors, during a tour of the dimly lit, unheated school whose interior walls have been blasted away. A dozen of those cars are his.

This continues online. Photos of vintage and not so vintage vehicles that are expected to be on exhibit when (or if?) this project is successful. Visible in one of the photos: a bright red 1988 Fiero GT if I'm not mistaken.

Bill Laitner for USA Today; March 24, 2021.
https://www.usatoday.com/st...ycommoney-topstories

Here's the website for the Pontiac-Oakland museum he started in Pontiac, IL, in 2011.
http://www.pontiacoaklandmuseum.org
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
williegoat

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2021 08:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How many of you are POCI members?

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 03-27-2021).]

OldsFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2021 08:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OldsFieroSend a Private Message to OldsFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

How many of you are POCI members?

Never heard of it till now. Thanks guys, looks interesting. And yes, I know I live under a rock.

Marc
williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2021 12:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have had the Goat since 1976 and the GP since the early nineties.

After I bought the Fiero, some began to suggest that I might have a problem, so I joined a support group.

I have been a POCI member for 15 years.

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 03-28-2021).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock