Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  Been looking for one of these Les Pauls.

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Been looking for one of these Les Pauls. by sourmash
Started on: 02-18-2021 09:03 PM
Replies: 16 (302 views)
Last post by: cmd88 on 03-19-2021 09:44 PM
sourmash

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post02-18-2021 09:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So for $272 I found one at a local pawn shop along with a Gibson hard shell case.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Wichita

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2021 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow! Great Deal!
sourmash

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-18-2021 09:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Has no buckle rash on it. Setup isn't great.
sourmash

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-19-2021 08:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
From reading Gibson uses 1 piece necks even at the joint to the body. There are several clues shown.

There are 2 clues in this pic below. One is easier than the other. You have to know a little about Gibson of the era.

There are at least 3 clues in this pic below. One is easy.

There's a big clue.

[This message has been edited by sourmash (edited 02-19-2021).]

ls3mach

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 226
Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2021 06:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Everyone goes on about how great they are. I'm trying to get a More Paul
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2021 06:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Les Paul ?

I am going to report you to the Feds. Or was that Gibson ?
sourmash

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-21-2021 06:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My receipt says Gibson. My guitar doesn't convince me.
sourmash

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-24-2021 09:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Moon base, I mean "BASS"? Never heard of it before seeing this in a pawn shop. Evidently Larry Graham plays them. I tried it and man it's a fantastic player. Better than my Fenders. Made in Japan since the early 80s, this is from the 80s too. Ebony fretboard and active Bartolini pickups. Saw it when it was 1200 or 1400 and the price kept dropping every couple of months. My offer was 600 a month ago when it was 867.
Yesterday it was still $797. Today it was $599 when I walked in. Crap, now I have to pay for it. Ebay sellers are pretty proud of them.

quote: Larry Graham Jr. (born August 14, 1946) is an American bassist and singer, both with the psychedelic soul/funk band Sly and the Family Stone, and as the founder and frontman of Graham Central Station.[1] He is credited with the invention of the slapping technique on the electric bass guitar, which radically expanded the tonal palette of the bass, although he himself refers to the technique as "thumpin' and pluckin'

sourmash

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-01-2021 02:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
To God be the glory. Thank you for the blessings. Amen. Today's find. Almost a half price sale.

sourmash

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-01-2021 06:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

sourmash

4558 posts
Member since Jul 2016
Well, did you know you can still get a stolen guitar at pawn shops even though they are required to submit serial numbers and hold items 65 days if it's pawn?

I took the Les Paul to Guitar Center for a value they'd pay. The guys entered the serial and it came up belonging to their store and said it was stolen from them around Nov or early December, that they remember the theft. So, hoping they were mistaken and it was just a close serial of another guitar I took the receipt to the police station to check. I was told if I hadn't bought it yet, "Don't".
Refund has been secured.

shortest.
ownership.
ever.

Pawn shop says it was a pawn in Dec and just came out. It's a chain shop, not local. Manager appears legit.
ls3mach

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 226
Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2021 06:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Am I bad at reading? It says Gibson.
PFF
System Bot
sourmash

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-01-2021 07:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You got it. Gibson Les Paul Traditional. Probably 1100 to 1200 value.
Florida Man pawned it. He's everywhere.

Edit: oh, the 1st one, you meant. "Replica" is a word.that comes to mind.

[This message has been edited by sourmash (edited 03-01-2021).]

sourmash

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-02-2021 12:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It was disappointing today when there on the wall for sale was the same Les Paul from yesterday. sigh. Guess they decided it was legal enough for them to sell anyway.
sourmash

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-13-2021 02:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It turns out there is either payoffs going on to an officer or someone isnt doing their job. The pawn officer I was talking to wasn't assigned to that store. And I believe it's instead a county jurisdiction. I'd called a day after taking my receipt down to the station to confirm there wasnt a mistake with this Les Paul serial. This time it was the pawn division officer on the line. When he heard that it had already gone thru 65 day pawn hold he said there were multiple guitars from Guitar Center showing at the store. The GC said only 1 which just confused me more thinking it was still a mistake. The officer sounded really perturbed but thanked me for calling and bringing this to his attention. Meaning he sounded angry but not at me.

Today the pawn shop told me the police showed up to put a police hold on 3 stolen guitars from GC. So the officer over that store is either in on it or not doing his/her job.
RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2021 03:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Definitely in on it. But I bet Gibson would love the details.

https://www.gibson.com/Support/Report-Counterfeits

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2021 08:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cool guitars
cmd88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2021 09:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cmd88Send a Private Message to cmd88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hmmm..........

cmd88

[This message has been edited by cmd88 (edited 03-19-2021).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock