Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  Have Any Of You Taken The Kung Flu Vaccine ? ... (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Have Any Of You Taken The Kung Flu Vaccine ? ... by cliffw
Started on: 01-29-2021 07:16 AM
Replies: 68 (1159 views)
Last post by: cliffw on 03-14-2021 05:19 PM
cliffw

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2021 08:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got the poke yesterday at 5PM. The second poke is due in one month. Mine was Maderno.
I asked the check in gal if it was gonna hurt and am I gonna get a lollypop. She said yes and no lollypop, .

Long line and wait for the poke, no place to sit down. Mehh. A very large meeting / cafeteria type "treatment" room. Only two pokers. Mine was a gal so I asked her if this is where I dropped my trowsers and bend over. She said "oh yes, that's how we do it".

Of course the poke didn't hurt. I was told how to position my arm and to totally relax or my arm will hurt later. We were made to wait 15 minutes before we could leave, due to caution of negative reactions. That's where all the chairs were.

While I was sitting there, my poker made a public announcement. She told us that the next person (gal) that was gonna get poked confessed she was gonna scream when poked. Not to be alarmed. Scream she did, , .

I am not worried about the Covid Vaccine deaths They will just be another "COVID DEATH".

Originally posted by ls3mach:
I've had the test a bunch. 3 hospital stays in the last 6 months. The deep nose test was awful. The newer test wasn't nearly as bad, but still was not fun. Swabbing my anus doesn't even sound that bad. I mean is it any different than wiping? Wonder why it can't just be taken from fecal matter? A lot of nonsense in this thread. Having covid was pretty bad. I was asymptomatic the first time. 2nd I'm still feeling the effects. Brain fog. Weird bowls. It's truly like having a constant hangover.

ls3mach, my apologies. I can't remember if your name is Larenzo or Lonzo. Even though you have told me before.

That said, Your post reads to me like you have had Covid more than once. That would be news that it can happen.

That said, my wife had Covid. It was like a two week bout of the flu. She has never kept feeling the effects.

I am sorry feel for your hospital stays and health concerns. Prayers and well wishes. I had two joyous stays last year.

The deep nose test was awful.

I agree. I was hospitalized, pre Covid awarness, Feb 2020. My first nasal swab, an intern came in and said her mentor told her to come in and hurt me, a nose to brain poke. I was at the whole time medically drugged and foggy. Two days later I reported the incident to the hospital's patient abuse outlet.
IP: Logged
rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2021 08:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I've had the test a bunch. 3 hospital stays in the last 6 months. The deep nose test was awful. The newer test wasn't nearly as bad, but still was not fun. Swabbing my anus doesn't even sound that bad. I mean is it any different than wiping? Wonder why it can't just be taken from fecal matter? A lot of nonsense in this thread. Having covid was pretty bad. I was asymptomatic the first time. 2nd I'm still feeling the effects. Brain fog. Weird bowls. It's truly like having a constant hangover.

I read about that anal or rectal swab test at the link (on page one) and they can use a stool sample but that isn't always as timely or convenient so that's when they use the rectal swab method instead.

There's been some monitoring for the Covid virus in the sewage systems of various cities around the world. It's research, but they can detect changes in the levels of the Covid virus that track with the changing number of infections in whatever city they are monitoring. It's virus that infected people are shedding as they void their lower intestine of digestive waste. (Of course, there are shorter ways of saying that in the vernacular.)

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 02-03-2021).]

ls3mach

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 226
Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2021 07:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have in fact had 8t twice Cliff. Right at Christmas and had no real symptoms. Then again a couple weeks later. My cousin has residual symptoms almost identical to mine. The difference is he can't get enough sleep and I can't get to sleep. Taste issues are a huge problem too.

I'm not trying to have people swabbing my booty, but that initial test I had was excruciating. I've had It done 2 or 3 times. Both 2 of those being negative.
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2021 11:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This follows straight from the previous message here from ls3mach.

"Covid reinfections may be more common than realized. Why isn't the U.S. tracking them? Little is known about reinfection rates."
JoNel Aleccia of Kaiser Health News for NBC News; February 7, 2021.
https://www.nbcnews.com/hea...d-why-isn-t-n1256898

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 02-08-2021).]

sourmash

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post02-08-2021 04:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm waiting for Hell to freeze.
ls3mach

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 226
Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2021 05:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I infact alerted my local health department and the hospital. There was no concern about me getting it twice. I departed from the company I was working for as I didn't appreciate how they handled it. If was managing a big box. I had worked 92 hours (Christmas) and obviously could've infected people. Then when I actually had symptoms the 2nd time around they acted as if I either made it up or it really wasn't that big a deal. The corporate lady who was my next in line had it she she was fine, so I must've been too.
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2021 09:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My work signed me up for it... so I got it. The first dose made me sick, but I got over it in a day. I took the Phizer.
sourmash

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post02-09-2021 09:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
One source is claiming that this is technically a gene therapy and not a vaccine.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2021 06:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got my second poke of Moderna yesterday.

The CDC has no guidelines for our freedom.
CoolBlue87GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2021 07:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got the 1st Pfizer vaccine yesterday. No side affects noticed.
OldsFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2021 07:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OldsFieroSend a Private Message to OldsFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got my second poke of Phizer Thursday. No ill effects yet. My wife was so tired 18 hours after her second one that she slept for 3 hours. All good after that. The first batch in this county was signed up for in a matter of hours. I think they only got 200 doses the first time around. We drove down to Binghamton for ours. Big heated and ventilated tent in a parking lot. It was well organized and moved quickly. Maybe ten minutes from entry to shot, 15 minute wait , out the door and gone. The next batch is here now. Due to work, my son went to the county seat for his yesterday. Because of an allergy concern, he had to wait 1/2 hour. All is good.
PFF
System Bot
williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2021 12:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Classification: outlaw
Condition: still alive

Hudini

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2021 07:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Classification: betweener
Condition: still alive

I am too old for the traditional Chinese vaccine. (max 59 yo)
I am too young for the US mRNA vaccine. (min 65 yo)
I am stuck in friggin China. (If I leave I cannot return)

This is my episode of The Twilight Zone.

steve308

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2021 09:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
First shot coming up Wednesday Morning. Pfizer
Hudini

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2021 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2021 08:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Interesting thread.
Prologue: I see that rinse got his sensibilities trodden upon. Hate it. I really do.
===================

GA just announced that they have opened will open vaccination for all persons 55 and older (as well as some with mitigating medical circumstances), on Monday, 3/15. I find this a welcome situation, since I am 63, but was previously classified as "1B", since I am "only" an essential worker. (i.e., "infrastructure/utility"), and was biding my time.
My wife has already gotten both of her shots, since she is listed as a caregiver for her 80 Y.O. aunt (who, strangely enough, has chosen NOT to do the vaccine at all, IIRC.)
Yeah. I'll be vaccinated. Bet your sweet azz. Tammy has a degree in medicinal chemistry. She understands how the vaccine works, and explained it to me in terms that I understand (since I am just an electronics geek).
Based upon the way the vaccine is designed, there is the distinct possibility that we actually may cure the common cold, since that is also a Corona virus. (This is my speculation, but I am not alone in that supposition. Others have expressed the same viewpoint.)
Further, she believes that it can be modified to fight other diseases, as well. (She mentioned this to someone the other day. I had never heard that opinion before, but I'll take her word for it. We shall see. No harm, either way.)
Yeah... I "married up".
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2021 11:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I still have not taken it. Administration has run an aggressive campaign to get employees to do it. They seem to be disappointed in the results, or turnout.
Over 30% of nearly 1,200 employees have tested positive for covid and 75% "clients" tested positive.
I have been subjected to 100% possibility of contact with a positive tested person for the last several months.....nothing.......yet.
Covid is real,.... covid is really politicized. Where do you stand on the issue? I guess that determines your interpretation of the news.
Me,..... I, TOTALLY think it is overblown and politicized,...but NOT a "fake" or delusion, or con. It is a real threat to our health, BUT NOT as deadly as the media drums it up to be.

[This message has been edited by Rickady88GT (edited 03-10-2021).]

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2021 01:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:
Interesting thread.
Prologue: I see that rinse got his sensibilities trodden upon. Hate it. I really do.

It felt like I was blindsided.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 03-11-2021).]

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2021 01:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

rinselberg

16118 posts
Member since Mar 2010

This is real. It's being posted on Twitter. I just saw it on "The 11th Hour." Which is (purportedly) a news show.

I think it's real.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 03-11-2021).]

LitebulbwithaFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2021 06:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LitebulbwithaFieroSend a Private Message to LitebulbwithaFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It is true. He will forever be our 45th President of the United States of America đŸ‡ºđŸ‡¸
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2021 10:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LitebulbwithaFiero:

It is true. He will forever be our 45th President of the United States of America đŸ‡ºđŸ‡¸

Most likely the 47th as well.
PFF
System Bot
LitebulbwithaFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2021 11:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LitebulbwithaFieroSend a Private Message to LitebulbwithaFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rickady88GT:

Most likely the 47th as well.

To be honest, I hope not.
But if it comes down to him running against Kamala's re-election, I know who I will be voting for
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2021 11:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rinselberg:

This is real. It's being posted on Twitter. I just saw it on "The 11th Hour." Which is (purportedly) a news show.

I think it's real.

It may very well be true?. I don't know, but what I do know is that THE reason I refuse the shot is precisely this claim. I would be one of the politicians demanding that a proper test period be adhered to. I am a Trump supporter, I have voted for him twice (for the democrats that would be in one election but for Trump supporters it takes two elections to get that many votes) and I will vote for him again in the next election.....but this fast track is one of the things I disagree with him on.
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2021 11:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Had Moderna #1. Will get jab #2 1st week of April.
I found it a bit more painful than the flu shot but nowhere near as bad as the Yellow Fever shot was in the 70s.

People that have contracted Covid previously may only need 1 shot.

https://www.businessinsider...onavirus-shot-2021-3

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 03-11-2021).]

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2021 07:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I think this is an actual press release from the Office of Donald J. Trump.

If someone has a reliable report that it is FAKE NEWS, I'd like to see that here.

I have two "beefs" about this statement. Or criticisms.

The former President asserts that if it were not for the Trump administration's "Warp Speed" project, it would have been at least 5 years (I take that as 5 years from December 31, 2019, when WHO first became aware of a new kind of disease in China) before the possibility of Americans being vaccinated against Covid.

I think that's ridiculous. I see the Covid-19 vaccine development as having been driven mostly by the pharmaceuticals industry itself, rather than being some kind of government-directed project. If there is a Trump administration "secret sauce" in this effort, I don' t know what it would be.

Pfizer, in particular, was very eager to develop a Covid vaccine as soon as it was apparent that Covid was becoming a global pandemic.

Bill Gates, among others, has said that the Trump administration's Warp Speed vaccines project was the one aspect of the "all of government" Covid response where the Trump administration turned in a "highlights reel" performance. They did good. Very good.

But I don't think it would have been any different had someone else been elected President in 2016. Whether it would have been President Hillary Clinton, or working the alternative reality time machine in the forwards direction, President Joe Biden--not much different.

As I understand it, it was the infectious disease and vaccine experts at NIH and CDC that liaised with the various pharmaceutical companies and evaluated which companies were best positioned to develop a Covid vaccine ASAP. That's how the federal money was doled out to the various pharmaceutical companies. I don't think it was much different than the research grants that go to universities and scientists from the National Science Foundation every year, in terms of process.

The other "beef" is where the statement adds parenthetically that Covid-19 is often referred to as the "China Virus."

This comes after Asian-Americans and their friends have been using the mainstream media and the common social media platforms to document a number of unprovoked physical assaults on Asian-Americans in subway stations (I think) and in various other public spaces.

It's "par for the course" for Donald J. Trump that he would not omit another opportunity to say "China Virus" even after the publicity about these unprovoked attacks on Asian-Americans.

Now you can argue about whether this attack or the other attack had anything to do with Covid-19 or with any of the remarks about Covid from Donald Trump.

It's still a dumb thing for the former President to come out with. (They're talking about this right now on MSNBC.)

The new book "Chaos Under Heaven: Trump, Xi, and the Battle for the Twenty-First Century" from Josh Rogin reveals that many of the statements that came from President Trump during 1Q 2020--when the Covid pandemic was first gathering speed in the U.S.--were originally from the mouth of China's authoritarian leader Xi Jinping. Xi Jinping had conversations with President Trump where Xi Jinping would give false assurances (or assurances that soon proved to be false) to President Trump about how China had the Covid outbreak under control and that the U.S. had nothing to worry about, and President Trump relayed Xi Ping's false assurances to the American people,

But other than these two "nitpicks" it's not a bad statement from the Office of Donald J. Trump.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 03-12-2021).]

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2021 01:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's Pfizer and Moderna neck and neck in the final stretch, with Johnson & Johnson suddenly coming on strong and closing the gap. Astra Zeneca a distant 4th, after stumbling out of the gate. But look at Novavax, breaking out from the rest of the pack and making a bid to overtake A-Z. This Maryland-bred stallion with Stanley C. Erck in the saddle, proudly wearing the Recombinant Nanoparticle script on the back of his jersey, is getting a second wind!

"Novavax vaccine 96% effective against original coronavirus, 86% vs British variant in UK trial"
Dania Nadeem and Carl O’Donnell for Reuters; March 11, 2021.
https://www.reuters.com/art...-trial-idUSKBN2B32ZO

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 03-14-2021).]

williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2021 02:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rinselberg:

It's Pfizer and Moderna neck and neck in the final stretch, with Johnson & Johnson suddenly coming on strong and closing the gap. Astra Zeneca a distant 4th, after stumbling out of the gate. But look at Novavax, breaking out from the rest of the pack and making a bid to overtake A-Z. This Maryland-bred stallion with Stanley C. Erck in the saddle, proudly wearing the Recombinant Nanoparticle script on the back of his jersey, is getting a second wind!

82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2021 02:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Had my second Pfizer dose on Monday. I literally felt no different after getting the shot. No fevers, no nausea... absolutely nothing. It's like I didn't even get a shot at all. I did get a fever after the first shot, but the second shot had absolutely no effect on me at all.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2021 05:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:
Had my second Pfizer dose on Monday. I literally felt no different after getting the shot. No fevers, no nausea... absolutely nothing. It's like I didn't even get a shot at all. I did get a fever after the first shot, but the second shot had absolutely no effect on me at all.

Are you growing Boobs on your back, ?
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock