Started on: 01-07-2021 12:14 PM
Replies: 201 (2766 views)
Last post by: randye on 03-14-2021 09:40 PM
theBDub

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2021 03:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

At least you have an opinion on part of it, and shared it. Thanks.

One thing I've noticed is many of the people outspoken on the diversity side of it, (the ones that arent just sheep without a reason) seem to have a family member or friend who they see as a victim. Someone who is oppressed, so they need to identify an oppressor. You seem to have identified one, but see that it doesnt make sense to act on it. Doesnt that mean there is a flaw in the thought pattern logic?

No. I see racism through the eyes of my wife, and see that we still have plenty of people in this country that don’t see everyone as equal.

Ignoring those people exist and pretending we can all just move on like the color of someone’s skin doesn’t affect their lives only perpetuates racism. It may not be directly racist, but it’s certainly indirectly benefiting racism.

Questioning if racism still exists isn’t the point of this thread. I think we can all agree it does. The question is, do you do something about it, systemically? That’s “Social Justice.” You may believe no, but you should at least acknowledge there is an issue, you just believe doing nothing is the least harmful way of addressing the issue. That’s an okay belief. Believing there isn’t a problem in the first place is just ignorance. That’s why so many of my comments are simply outlining statements.
IP: Logged

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2021 03:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by theBDub:

No. I see racism through the eyes of my wife, and see that we still have plenty of people in this country that don’t see everyone as equal.

Ignoring those people exist and pretending we can all just move on like the color of someone’s skin doesn’t affect their lives only perpetuates racism. It may not be directly racist, but it’s certainly indirectly benefiting racism.

Questioning if racism still exists isn’t the point of this thread. I think we can all agree it does. The question is, do you do something about it, systemically? That’s “Social Justice.” You may believe no, but you should at least acknowledge there is an issue, you just believe doing nothing is the least harmful way of addressing the issue. That’s an okay belief. Believing there isn’t a problem in the first place is just ignorance. That’s why so many of my comments are simply outlining statements.

Using it only perpetuates it.

Alot of folks out there seem to be just saying "we have to do something", and they'll do it, even if its a bad idea.
sourmash

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post01-13-2021 08:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The only way multi-culturalism can work is to give everybody magic glasses that make everybody else look like their own race.
randye

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2021 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That’s “Social Justice.”

That's also the fun of it too.

You get to define it to be whatever you want it to be.

Whatever your current gripe or pet peeve is.

Whatever you want.

Believing there isn’t a problem in the first place is just ignorance. That’s why so many of my comments are simply outlining statements.

Well, my, my, aren't you just the generous little elitist, deigning to "educate" all of "ignorant" PFF with your "outlining statements" to keep it simple for everyone....

Yeah, yeah, "you didn't mean it like that".....just like the last time you did it in this thread.....but it's obviously a pattern now.

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 01-13-2021).]

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post01-13-2021 11:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sourmash:

The only way multi-culturalism can work is to give everybody magic glasses that make everybody else look like their own race.

and religion, and values, and opinions, and.......
sourmash

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-13-2021 11:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah. Lol.
theBDub

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2021 11:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by randye:

Well, my, my, aren't you just the generous little elitist, deigning to "educate" all of "ignorant" PFF with your "outlining statements" to keep it simple for everyone....

Do you believe racism is no longer an issue for people of color?
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2021 12:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Do you believe racism is no longer an issue for people of color?

I believe that people like you are the biggest part of that "issue" because you separate, categorize and classify people based on their color.

You've spent several paragraphs in this thread doing just exactly that, trying to justify what you do.

You refuse to acknowledge your own racism while you merrily project it onto others thinking that somehow absolves you of it.

It's disgusting and you should be ashamed of yourself.

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 01-14-2021).]

theBDub

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2021 07:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I believe that people like you are the biggest part of that "issue" because you separate, categorize and classify people based on their color.

You've spent several paragraphs in this thread doing just exactly that, trying to justify what you do.

You refuse to acknowledge your own racism while you merrily project it onto others thinking that somehow absolves you of it.

It's disgusting and you should be ashamed of yourself.

Okay, Randy.
sourmash

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-14-2021 09:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Did everybody see Biden's Civil Rights DOJ pick is a straight up racist who believes Whites are inferior mentally, spiritually and physically? They're trying to scrub it from being shared on social media.

Kristien Clarke put it in writing that Whites are inferior, written while she was at Harvard. She's also very obviously part White.
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2021 09:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Okay, Randy.

Okay, theBDub.

Skin color is a non-issue with nearly everyone that I know.

People come in all different packaging - the wrapper isn't important, it's what's inside that matters.

PFF
System Bot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2021 10:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2021 01:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Okay, Randy.

Okay George

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 01-14-2021).]

Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2021 01:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
theBDub

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2021 02:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Okay George

I can see you’re trying to rile me up, but I’ve already explained my thought on this.

We are not yet to a point that color/sex/gender doesn’t impact your life meaningfully. Therefore, ignoring that just ignores different experiences and doesn’t do anything to help resolve it. I think it’s important to recognize that the color of your skin has impacted your life, and others may not be as fortunate as you because they don’t have the same skin color.

Until we are treating people equally, we can’t ignore it. That’s my take. You call it racism, and I said earlier to Jason that I understood that point of view. But don’t compare me to George Wallace. Considering I have only discussed race/sex/gender as a way to better understand how we can be integrated, it’s not remotely appropriate.
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2021 04:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Social Justice is playing to the lowest common denominator.

Our system thrives on having a competitive advantage.

I'm not going to feel guilty because of who I am, where I am and when I exist.

That is counterproductive.

I will lend a helping hand to whoever will use that helping hand to pull themselves up.

I will not prop them up.

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2021 04:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I can see you’re trying to rile me up,

WRONG

I don't give a single damn about your emotions or your inability to control them. That's your problem, not mine.

...But don’t compare me to George Wallace. .......it’s not remotely appropriate.

It is absolutely appropriate.

He was obsessed with skin color just like you are and every other racist is.

It's how you see the world around you and it's disgusting.

sourmash

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-14-2021 05:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Put on Eddie Murphy's white costume from SNL and take a walk in any of the largest thousand or 2 cities and walk through that neighborhood on a weekend. Everybody there is probably friendly on weekends.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2021 05:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

it's disgusting.

Sadly it is what at a few generations have been taught, even in the USA. If you have kids in school or grand kids they are also being brainwashed with this, and more.
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2021 06:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

If you have kids in school or grand kids they are also being brainwashed with this, and more.

Mine aren't.

I'm paying for all 6 of my Grandchildren to attend private Christian school.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2021 08:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good thinking
PFF
System Bot
sourmash

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-15-2021 07:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very well done.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2021 08:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

My wife is a POC and her life is still impacted by that today, and the worst offenders are not people acknowledging her race, they’re all White men who claim they don’t see race.

POC ? Person of color ? What color ? White ? Is POC the new "woke" term ?

Her life is still impacted today ? Kind of like those unproven accusations of voter fraud. Synthetic also said he is going to use his white privilege to speak up at BLM demonstrations, saying he has seen discrimination affecting people he knew. Again, with no proof. Some people look for excuses for failures or butt hurt feelings.

Also, the claim of whites having white privilege, also comes with no proof. I have none. All my privileges I earn because of who I am.

If you really want to be woke remember, blacks sold blacks into slavery.
sourmash

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-15-2021 08:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
One of the richest men in the country during slavery was a black slave owner/trader. He married a White woman.

Black women get treated like dirt in much of advertising. When you see the photo or commercial with a Black man the woman he's with has to be much lighter skinned than him or she is White. Advertising doesn't want Black women. That's systemic racism.

There was an interesting post seen online about Whites having every color or eye and every color of hair and having different skin tones but they aren't people of color.

[This message has been edited by sourmash (edited 01-15-2021).]

williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2021 10:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A member of the forum is a forum member.
A user of drugs is a drug user.
A director of personnel is a personnel director.
Why is person of color any more acceptable than colored person?
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2021 10:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Social Justice is not a disease, it is a scourge.

People that promote it should be treated like those who do not wear masks in public.
rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2021 03:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:
A member of the forum is a forum member.
A user of drugs is a drug user.
A director of personnel is a personnel director.
Why is person of color any more acceptable than colored person?

History. It's the unpleasant aftertaste of history and the circumstances that are still remembered when the words "colored person" was more freely spoken and written in a society that was more "white" than what we have today.
sourmash

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-15-2021 03:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Everybody else on the forum has the stones to post their own thoughts, and not quote someone else uncreditedly. That's to be respected.
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2021 03:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Everybody else on the forum has the stones to post their own thoughts, and not quote someone else uncreditedly. That's to be respected

I don't know if that is a reference to me, but those are my own words. They are words that came directly to my mind. I did not find those words online.
sourmash

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-15-2021 03:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I stand corrected.
sourmash

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-15-2021 03:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

sourmash

4558 posts
Member since Jul 2016

Originally posted by rinselberg:

History. It's the unpleasant aftertaste of history and the circumstances that are still remembered when the words "colored person" was more freely spoken and written in a society that was more "white" than what we have today.

Pretty sure Blacks decided "colored person/people" was to be their chosen term, having tired of the typical reference of the time, "negro". Are you charging Whites for the reference instead of Blacks having chosen it?
PFF
System Bot
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2021 04:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Pretty sure Blacks decided "colored person/people" was to be their chosen term, having tired of the typical reference of the time, "negro". Are you charging Whites for the reference instead of Blacks having chosen it?

I am thinking about it from the perspective of today.

"Colored person" came into vogue as a more respectful wording than "negro." But as time went by, "colored person" came to be rather widely perceived as yet another dismissive and not particularly respectful way of saying it, and so now we have "person of color" which has a formality and a "feeling" of respectfulness that goes one better than "colored person." It elevates the idea of "color" and transforms it into something more than a mere visual descriptor of the amount of melanin in a person's complexion.

That's my linguistic analysis. Not that I have any credentials in the field of linguistics, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn.

Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2021 04:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
From this point forward I would like to be designated as Golden and be represented as POG

Here are a couple globes for you to ponder
Click to show
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2021 04:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rinselberg:

I am thinking about it from the perspective of today.

"Colored person" came into vogue as a more respectful wording than "negro." But as time went by, "colored person" came to be rather widely perceived as yet another dismissive and not particularly respectful way of saying it, and so now we have "person of color" which has a formality and a "feeling" of respectfulness that goes one better than "colored person." It elevates the idea of "color" and transforms it into something more than a mere visual descriptor of the amount of melanin in a person's complexion.

That's my linguistic analysis. Not that I have any credentials in the field of linguistics, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn.

So, if I were to call Chuck Schumer a hole of ass, it would elevate the idea?
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2021 05:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"a person of ******* "

Oops--I wasn't ready for the software intervention.

"a person of azzhole."

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 01-15-2021).]

Hudini

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2021 06:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A Person of Color was invented to include Brown, Yellow, and Red skinned peoples with the Black skinned people. It does not include White skinned people. White skinned people are either allies or enemies of POC. Don't you love Identity Politics? Everyone gets a category in order to figure out where you stand on the list of victims of the oppressors.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2021 06:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My skin is pink. I guess I'm SOL.

blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2021 06:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Did everybody see Biden's Civil Rights DOJ pick is a straight up racist who believes Whites are inferior mentally, spiritually and physically? They're trying to scrub it from being shared on social media.

Kristien Clarke put it in writing that Whites are inferior, written while she was at Harvard. She's also very obviously part White.

I’m curious, would you have a link or source for that tidbit of information. I haven’t even able to find it.

Rams
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2021 06:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Last time I checked, it was still the NAACP.
sourmash

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-15-2021 07:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Her name is spelled wrong. Kristen Clarke.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tN3odPsaIuI
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 6 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock