Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  The Washington Football Team. It's kind of growing on me.

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
The Washington Football Team. It's kind of growing on me. by rinselberg
Started on: 10-11-2020 01:59 PM
Replies: 9 (201 views)
Last post by: Valkrie9 on 01-13-2022 08:54 PM
rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2020 01:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I haven't been following the former "Redskins" franchise, but just in terms of branding and the "visual"... it's different. Unique. It sets the team apart from the 31 other NFL teams.

Does anyone think they might just remain the "generic" NFL franchise of Washington, DC?

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
williegoat

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2020 02:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
They need a more threatening name, perhaps "The Impeachers" or "The 25th Amendments".
If they really wanted to be scary, they could be called "The Pelosis"

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post10-11-2020 02:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
All this political-correctness crap makes me want to crawl into a hole and pretend society doesnt exist. Or at least hope to hell for that asteroid/volcano/virus/Taco Bell to wipe it off the planet. (Yeh, I know. Taco Bell is my best hope, and it aint very good !)
Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post10-11-2020 04:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MidEngineManiac:

All this political-correctness crap makes me want to crawl into a hole and pretend society doesnt exist....

Not me.
NOT calling someone something doesn’t affect me at all.

82-T/A [At Work]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2020 07:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I guess they have no idea what they want to call the team yet... sigh.

I do hope they keep it at least native American related. I mean, I understand not calling it Redskins, just as you wouldn't call a team the Blackies or whatever. But maybe they can still keep it native American inspired... like...

The Washington Comanches

or

The Washington Pontiacs (haha...)

or I dunno... something like that. Then, they could keep the logo too...

Most native Americans didn't have a problem with the team, so might as well keep the team heritage.
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post10-11-2020 07:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boondawg:

Not me.
NOT calling someone something doesn’t affect me at all.

Speech control (censorship, political-correctness) is nothing more than commie social-engineering thought control. Program the masses. If you force them to USE certain words, soon they will fall in line and think the concepts behind those words. Orwell would be proud.

(pssst, 1984 is a novel, not a societal blueprint)
htexans1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 118
Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2020 04:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for htexans1Send a Private Message to htexans1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Washington football team? Oh, you mean the Redskins... lol
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2022 05:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Washington Football Team. It's kind of growing on me.

Originally posted by rinselberg:

I haven't been following the former "Redskins" franchise, but just in terms of branding and the "visual"... it's different. Unique. It sets the team apart from the 31 other NFL teams.

Does anyone think they might just remain the "generic" NFL franchise of Washington, DC?

It sucks to be you.
I would imagine you would think every team should be named "bla bla bla football" team.

Too bad for you. The Washington Redskins are next month to unveil a new team name and logo.

[This message has been edited by cliffw (edited 01-13-2022).]

sourmash

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post01-13-2022 07:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Didn't someone suggest they be called by something that shows that they're transitioning?
IOWs, the Washington Trannies.
Valkrie9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2022 08:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Valkrie9Send a Private Message to Valkrie9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Brought to you by...
PFF
System Bot
Beach Pics That Show Too Much
These Beach Moments Are Making Us Hot
So hot...too hot...showing too much...way too much...omg !

!
Good God !
Clearly, this photo from '15 shows the madness, power corrupting the mind of a geriatric harridan. Way out of her mind, far out of her mind !

Yeeks !

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock