Started on: 09-29-2020 05:12 AM
Replies: 15 (360 views)
Last post by: sourmash on 12-16-2020 09:40 AM
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2020 05:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
One of those 'unpractical' threads that have no real intrinsic values I suppose.

The couple that bought my brother's place started building an elevated deer stand last winter. It has kinda had a case of 'mission creep'.
Once the walls and roof are closed in, I fear the first big wind that comes along is going to reduce it back down to it's original plan.

Interesting thing about it tho, he built it piece by piece at his home 50 miles south of here in South Houston, loaded them on a trailer and assembled it piece by piece on site, using nothing but manual labor, one weekend at a time ..block and tackle and ratchet straps to get each assembly up and secured in place. The roofed part is about 8 x 10, 2 story.

Going to be fun watching him try to get that by the property tax appraisal district as a 'deer stand'.

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 09-29-2020).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2020 07:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

One of those 'unpractical' threads that have no real intrinsic values I suppose.

The couple that bought my brother's place started building an elevated deer stand last winter. It has kinda had a case of 'mission creep'.
Once the walls and roof are closed in, I fear the first big wind that comes along is going to reduce it back down to it's original plan.

Interesting thing about it tho, he built it piece by piece at his home 50 miles south of here in South Houston, loaded them on a trailer and assembled it piece by piece on site, using nothing but manual labor, one weekend at a time ..block and tackle and ratchet straps to get each assembly up and secured in place. The roofed part is about 8 x 10, 2 story.

Going to be fun watching him try to get that by the property tax appraisal district as a 'deer stand'.

Please keep us informed. I'm especially interested to know when the HVAC gets installed.

Rams

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2020 07:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That will be right after the solar panels and solar water heater...
(not a joke)
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2020 07:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That will be right after the solar panels and solar water heater...
(not a joke)

Are you sure it's not a two story outhouse? I hear open plumbing is big thing with some folks.

Rams
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2020 07:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"Bombs away!"
sourmash

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post09-29-2020 08:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Lots of locations allow Ag structures which require no permitting on agriculturally zoned properties.
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post09-29-2020 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackrams:

Are you sure it's not a two story outhouse? I hear open plumbing is big thing with some folks.

Rams

Upper level is management, lower is staff ?
fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2020 10:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

------------------
My World of Wheels Winners (Click on links below)

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT and Super Duty 4 Indy #163

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2020 10:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sourmash:

Lots of locations allow Ag structures which require no permitting on agriculturally zoned properties.

Well, I realize that and while their property is under ag exemption (for now) permits aren't an issue but the neighbor is not involved in ag production themselves. (in my county, any structure that involves humans working in them for any extended amount of time, requires a permit so the structure can be given a 911 address. This is so the paramedics can go right to the structure to find you rather than pulling up to the main residence and have to start searching the grounds for you. I have 4 different addresses associated with my property and only 1 is my residence. 1 is my shop and 2 others are small barns)

blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2020 09:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Well, I realize that and while their property is under ag exemption (for now) permits aren't an issue but the neighbor is not involved in ag production themselves. (in my county, any structure that involves humans working in them for any extended amount of time, requires a permit so the structure can be given a 911 address. This is so the paramedics can go right to the structure to find you rather than pulling up to the main residence and have to start searching the grounds for you. I have 4 different addresses associated with my property and only 1 is my residence. 1 is my shop and 2 others are small barns)

But, does each one have it's number stenciled on it? How about a mail box for each building.

Don,
Keeping up with the Jones' is not going to be easy unless you build a three story outhouse.

Rams
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2020 11:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
In this little part of terra firma, I AM the Joneses. Most people's houses 'round here have axels under them..
PFF
System Bot
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2020 02:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

In this little part of terra firma, I AM the Joneses. Most people's houses 'round here have axels under them..

Rams
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2020 07:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It is coming along slowly

sourmash

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-16-2020 08:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks like they have a custom cover for the gas grill.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2020 09:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
sliding saw
i think
sourmash

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-16-2020 09:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Probably. It's a little short for a grill.
I've witnessed a guy living in a similar looking structure, but you'd have to age it 30 years to look similar.
I'd live in one, but it would have insulation. This guy had none. His dad banged on the steel wall to wake him up. The kid shouted out "What?" as though he was just around the corner out of sight.

[This message has been edited by sourmash (edited 12-16-2020).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock