Started on: 09-24-2020 11:49 AM
Replies: 8 (248 views)
Last post by: williegoat on 09-26-2020 10:47 AM
MidEngineManiac

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post09-24-2020 11:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2020 02:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That might be tinnitus (sound in your ears) because I can't even find this story in the New York Times online. It might be there, in the "back" somewhere, but it's really "buried" under all the other news reports, even in the New York state section of the New York Times, where I would most expect to see it.

Please update on this if you see anything about a reaction of any significance from the "people with heads that are susceptible to exploding" demographic or condition.
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post09-24-2020 02:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
THAT demographic is generally referred to as

williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2020 02:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The word 'swastika' is from Sanskrit and is a portmanteau of the words for well and being.

Hence the meaning of swastika is "well being".

So, if we apply "liberal logic", we should now reject all things Indian as racist, because the NAZI's co opted an ancient symbol.

Well being is now evil.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2020 03:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

williegoat

19539 posts
Member since Mar 2009
Who you callin' a cracker?

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 09-25-2020).]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2020 01:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

the NAZI's co opted an ancient symbol.

I believe only the Nazis tipped the symbol on one corner?
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2020 08:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

So, if we apply "liberal logic", we should ...

We should know that any thing they promise, means they want the opposite to come true
rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2020 08:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The word 'swastika' is from Sanskrit and is a portmanteau of the words for well and being.

Hence the meaning of swastika is "well being".

So, if we apply "liberal logic", we should now reject all things Indian as racist, because the NAZI's co opted an ancient symbol.

Well being is now evil.

Across the nation of India, the swastika has not been as consistently and universally reviled for its Nazi associations as is the case here in the United States and so many other countries. The same can be said for "Mein Kampf" and also the name "Hitler" itself has not been as carefully shunned by everyone in India. Buried in the annals of this very forum, there's a small news report that I posted about a "Hitler Fried Chicken" emporium (a small one) that was in India.

I can offer some ideas about it, but I'm hardly an expert on this cultural idiosyncrasy or oddity that's been apparent in the nation of India. I would think it has probably diminished during more recent years, not increased or even held its own. But I've not tried to research it.

The Nazi swastika is best described as tilted (usually) and clockwise facing (always) but I think getting into the intricacies of whether a swastika is clockwise or counterclockwise, or is straight and angular like the Nazi version or has some curvature of its lines like some Hindu versions of it--just a "rabbit hole" for the most part.

I think the invocation of "liberal logic" (ala williegoat) in this way is just silly. Make believe. It comes across to me as someone closing their eyes and trying to feel good about some very contrived idea about "liberal logic" (swastika, India, Nazi, co-opting) but without actually being able to feel good about such a contrivance. A small instance of attempted conservative virtue signaling gone amok.

"Dream on."

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 09-26-2020).]

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2020 10:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
India's perspective on the NAZIs was somewhat different than that of the west, bent through the prism of British imperialism and focused by Subhas Chandra Bose (the anti Gandhi). Unfortunately, global politics are far too often driven by the old adage, "The enemy of my enemy is my friend."

In the 1940s in India, there were millions of moslems and only about 20,000 Jews. In the time since, the moslim population has grown to well over 100,000,000 while the Jewish population has dwindled to a few thousand.

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 09-26-2020).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock