Started on: 09-22-2020 08:55 PM
Replies: 34 (481 views)
Last post by: blackrams on 10-12-2020 05:55 PM
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2020 08:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's coming up real soon. I always enjoy sitting out with the wife and greeting the kids while passing out treats (while I steal candy) in the past but,
this year is different. We now live on the far end of a dead end street. I advised my wife to not bother buying all those treats this year. I don't expect a single kid to come by and I don't need it.

Well, she didn't listen and now after Halloween, someone is gonna have to eat all that candy. Everyone has their own favorite candy. I am particularly partial to candy corn. I most surely don't need it. I know that's not everyone favorite.

That brings me to the question. What's your favorite candy?

Rams
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
williegoat

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 104
Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2020 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Same as Jack Ruby.

On the serious side, there are probably charities that would love to have that candy.

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 09-22-2020).]

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2020 09:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Reeses. The smaller ones. After being stored in the fridge.
Jonesy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2020 09:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JonesySend a Private Message to JonesyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah Halloween has always been one of my favorite holidays. I used to get really into it as a kid. I grew up in New York, and i had a large wooded area with lots of trails behind my house. Me and my friends would make a "Haunted Woods" for all the other kids in the neighborhood. I would guide the kids and their parents down the main trail that cut straight through the woods to the next street, about a half a mile or so. Have about a dozen of my friends dressed up as different monsters roaming through the woods near the trail as we walked through. It would be night time so it would be dark, and the woods were very thick with trees, so it would be hard to see them, but you would hear them moving through the trees and making scary noises and stuff, and would occasionally run across the trail behind or in front of us, giving the kids (and often the parents) a good jump scare lol..

Was a lot of fun, miss those days. That was a great neighborhood to grow up in, tons of kids. After we were done with the haunted woods, we would head down to the end of my street too the fire station, and the fire fighters would have cider, doughnuts and cookies all laid out in the garage for the kids and pig out lol..

Don't really get any tricker treaters anymore where i live now. Haven't for years.

As for my favorite candy, that's hard to say, I like so many, lol. But i gotta go with Raydar, I love those Peanut Butter Cups, and they are even better cold..

I also really love Bottlecaps.. Been a favorite of mine since i was a kid. Plus I just bought 3 big boxes of them today, lol. CVS had them on sale 3 boxes for $3 (they are the big movie theater style boxes too), so I was like, hell yeah, gettin me some of those! lol.

[This message has been edited by Jonesy (edited 09-22-2020).]

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post09-22-2020 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cinnamon hearts. I get a 6-month supply for $1/bag day after Valentines almost every year, then go through them in about 3 months.
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2020 02:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
my favorite candy..

Description
The ORIGINAL sweet-hot jalapeno, Cowboy Candy® is nothing short of AWESOME! Often imitated, not even close to duplicated, there is only ONE Cowboy Candy®

(I usually make my own tho............loads cheaper.)

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 09-23-2020).]

Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2020 03:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

And how many of you are borderline or full-blown diabetic?

I read a book called Sugar Blues when it was first published, way back in 1975. It was fascinating to learn how harmful refined sugar is, and how it's in almost everything!

CLICK FOR FULL SIZE

Read a review of this book Here... if you dare.
TheDigitalAlchemist

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2020 09:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Patrick, how DARE you?

You tryin’ to scare us into being more “healthy”?
Still gonna make up our “dum dum pop” ghosts even if no one shows up.

Boooooo!
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2020 09:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

And how many of you are borderline or full-blown diabetic?

I read a book called Sugar Blues when it was first published, way back in 1975. It was fascinating to learn how harmful refined sugar is, and how it's in almost everything!

CLICK FOR FULL SIZE

Read a review of this book Here... if you dare.

William Dufty, interesting guy. He was married to Gloria Swanson and co-wrote "Lady Sings the Blues" with Billie Holiday.

The song, "Sugar Blues" is over 100 years old:

I love Chloe Feoranzo, my favorite living clarinet player.

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 09-23-2020).]

blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2020 10:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

my favorite candy..

Description
The ORIGINAL sweet-hot jalapeno, Cowboy Candy® is nothing short of AWESOME! Often imitated, not even close to duplicated, there is only ONE Cowboy Candy®

(I usually make my own tho............loads cheaper.)

Have never seen this "product" anywhere. So, I tried to find it on line. No Joy.

Found several recipes but no finished/bottled product. Although, I'm pretty sure it would not be something I would like, I have some friends I feel certainly would love it.

OK, finally found some: https://www.etsy.com/listin...imilar_listing_top-1 and https://i.etsystatic.com/80...N.450916462_d3ve.jpg
Will have some on hand just in case maryjane shows up in costume.

Rams

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 09-23-2020).]

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-23-2020 11:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TheDigitalAlchemist:

Patrick, how DARE you?

Still gonna make up our “dum dum pop” ghosts even if no one shows up.

Boooooo!

Gotta love the health-nuts who think they are getting out of life alive. Meanwhile families like mine all smoke, drink, eat anything we want, take risks and nobody kicks off before about 85. Dad was 84 and he was the youngest. Sheeeet, the day I quit smoking I'll probably step off a curb and get wacked by a truck. I aint worried about it.
PFF
System Bot

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2020 11:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Im a fan of the dark chocolate. Also Reeses peanut butter cups. Now that I think of it, I like alot more than I dont like
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2020 12:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

Im a fan of the dark chocolate. Also Reeses peanut butter cups. Now that I think of it, I like alot more than I dont like

Thankfully, I'm not a chocolate fan but, I also find that there's more than enough of the others to chose from to fulfill me sweet tooth cravings. That is not a good thing...

Rams

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2020 12:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackrams:

Have never seen this "product" anywhere. So, I tried to find it on line. No Joy.

Found several recipes but no finished/bottled product. Although, I'm pretty sure it would not be something I would like, I have some friends I feel certainly would love it.

OK, finally found some: https://www.etsy.com/listin...imilar_listing_top-1 and https://i.etsystatic.com/80...N.450916462_d3ve.jpg
Will have some on hand just in case maryjane shows up in costume.

Rams

I'm betting you would like it...it is not as fiery as most people think.
Forget Etsy..go straight to the source, about 20 miles up US 59 from me.
https://whhranchco.com/
https://whhranchco.com/product/cowboy-candy/

(do NOT try the "Hot dog in-a-jar" product. Nasty! )

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-23-2020 12:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Never tried doing it with Jalapenos, but you can candy ginger buttons the same way and they have a bit of kick to them.

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2020 12:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I am also a spicy flavor fan and it sounds good.
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2020 12:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Reference the Hot Dog in a jar, I'll take yer word on that.

Tell ya what, I'll order the above products if you promise to come collect.

Rams
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2020 03:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TheDigitalAlchemist:

Patrick, how DARE you?

No, just putting the word out there in case anyone might be interested.

I'm no "health-nut", but I do take responsibility for my own well-being, and I try to limit (not necessarily eliminate) my intake of anything non-conducive to good health. Moderation is probably the key.

That's it, I'm done... no preaching. (...unless someone asks me a question.)
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2020 03:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That's it, I'm done... no preaching. (...unless someone asks me a question.)

Greatly appreciated. Please, no questions.

Rams

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2020 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm not big on sweets, they just throw off the delicate balance between my sour personality and my bitter outlook.

But there is one candy that I cannot resist. It is generally more associated with Christmas, though.

If I had a barrel of these, all you would find the next morning would be a mountain of empty wrappers next to my lifeless body.
shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2020 10:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
But youd have a smile on your face! I like milk duds and the sour candy straws. Milk duds can last awhile. Whatever you do, do not bite, they will lock your jaw shut. Stay away from my storck reisen! Twix, milky ways, caramello, damn now I want candy

shem
PFF
System Bot
LitebulbwithaFiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2020 06:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LitebulbwithaFieroSend a Private Message to LitebulbwithaFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Steel

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2020 07:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SteelSend a Private Message to SteelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm terrible with names of foods, I can't remember what my wife makes.. I really enjoy simple no bake cookies though. I'll have to try some stuff this season. Those Lindor bonbon/truffle things Willie shows above are extremely good. I had a few at my Class reunion a couple of years back and they literally melt in your mouth.

I feel diabetic already, better go lift some weights and get my jog in before work!
Steel

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2020 07:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SteelSend a Private Message to SteelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Steel

1255 posts
Member since Apr 2011

Originally posted by LitebulbwithaFiero:

Ban assault candy!
https://apnews.com/04cf9180...35ea69483dd00e281253

That's silly, you can also drink 'too much water' and throw off your electrolytes and have much the same issues.

Gluttony has taken over, people need to settle down and eat within reason. I was downing 10+ cups of coffee by 2pm myself for quite a while, not good... we are creatures of addictions and habits I guess. RIP to that man, not a fun way to go.

blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2020 07:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Steel:

I feel diabetic already, better go lift some weights and get my jog in before work!

Oh, now you've got me feeling guilty....

OK, if you're gonna do that "exercise thing" would you mind jogging an extra lap for two for me. I could use it.
No weights though, not sure my back is up for that.

Rams

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2020 03:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I long ago (even before moving out to a rural location) quit buying black licorice halloween candies to give out or even to eat myself.
Contains a substance that depletes magnesium from human and animals and low Mg can cause heart problems and death.
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2020 08:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I long ago (even before moving out to a rural location) quit buying black licorice halloween candies to give out or even to eat myself.
Contains a substance that depletes magnesium from human and animals and low Mg can cause heart problems and death.

Black licorice is one of a few candies/snacks that I have never liked. There could be a truck load sitting in front of me and it would be safe.

Rams

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 09-24-2020).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2020 06:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Too Much Candy: Man Dies From Eating Bags of Black Licorice

A Massachusetts construction worker’s love of black licorice wound up costing him his life. Eating a bag and a half every day for a few weeks threw his nutrients out of whack and caused the 54-year-old man’s heart to stop, doctors reported Wednesday.

More at link.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 10-10-2020).]

Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2020 07:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Growing up any thing chocolate

I miss going to hooters for Halloween treats
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2020 12:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Irish court rules Subway can't call its bread bread due to high sugar content

Subway's "bread" has 5x too much sugar in it.

Ireland's Supreme Court has ruled that bread sold by the fast food chain Subway contains so much sugar that it cannot be legally defined as bread.

The ruling came in a tax dispute brought by Bookfinders Ltd., an Irish Subway franchisee, which argued that some of its takeaway products — including teas, coffees and heated sandwiches — were not liable for value-added tax.

A panel of judges rejected the appeal Tuesday, ruling that the bread sold by Subway contains too much sugar to be categorized as a "staple food," which is not taxed.

"There is no dispute that the bread supplied by Subway in its heated sandwiches has a sugar content of 10 per cent of the weight of the flour included in the dough, and thus exceeds the 2 per cent specified," the judgment read.

The law makes a distinction between "bread as a staple food" and other baked goods "which are, or approach, confectionery or fancy baked goods," the judgment said.

Subway disagreed with the characterization in a statement.

"Subway's bread is, of course, bread," the company said in an email. "We have been baking fresh bread in our restaurants for more than three decades and our guests return each day for sandwiches made on bread that smells as good as it tastes."

Bookfinders was appealing a 2006 decision by authorities who refused to refund value-added tax payments. Lower courts had dismissed the case before it reached the Supreme Court.

Subway said it was reviewing the latest tax ruling. It added that the decision was based on an outdated bread exemption set by the Irish government that was updated in 2012.

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2020 12:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
And yet you can call liquified almonds........milk.

The Irish..famous for fightin and starvin..
PFF
System Bot
Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post10-11-2020 12:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Favorite candy just for the shear pleasure?
Saltwater Taffy (Laffy Taffy in a pinch).

Meal-in-a-candy bar?
Snickers, or Salted Nut Roll.

Peanut butter?
Butterfinger.

With popcorn?
Junior Mints.

Best Caramel is a tough one...Turtles?
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2020 01:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here is some Tasty Candy.

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 10-11-2020).]

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-11-2020 01:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2020 05:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just as an update, to teach my wife a lesson (I do this almost every year) I devoured all of the candy corn.
She won't do that again (at least until next year)

Rams

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock