Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  Blatantly Misleading Political Advertising.....

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Blatantly Misleading Political Advertising..... by olejoedad
Started on: 09-06-2020 01:30 PM
Replies: 15 (350 views)
Last post by: MidEngineManiac on 09-15-2020 07:09 PM
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2020 01:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've seen some pretty far out political ads over the years, but this record-setting year may also set a record for political ads that are over the top.

List your finds here if you care to, either with a link to the website or video.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2020 02:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Love my Tivo, NO commercials, don't have to put up with any of that crap. I can't watch anything live anymore, too frustrating.
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2020 02:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't watch them, but I'm just glad that stupid insurance sales guy and his damn ostrich aren't being used to advance any political agendas.
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2020 02:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oopsie, double post!

[This message has been edited by olejoedad (edited 09-06-2020).]

olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2020 04:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

olejoedad

18081 posts
Member since May 2004
I don't watch TV, but I have been known to browse the internet, and play a few games.

The worst ad I have encountered is from a Supreme Court activist website that claims abortion is a right guaranteed by the Constitution.......and that SCOTUS has become too 'politicized'.
BTW, the insurance salesman and ostrich have melded into Joe Biden.....
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2020 08:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Most everyone here won't have a clue who I'm talking about but I miss Eddie Chiles. (it was a radio thing back in the 70s and 80s and one of those things you'd have just had to have listened to a few times to appreciate) Remember..this was over 40 years ago and predated even Limbaugh type programs.
"I'm Eddie Chiles, CEO of The Western Company of North America and I'm mad as hell!!"
I'm still mad too Eddie.
There's a soundbyte about him here:
https://www.texasstandard.o...too-eddie-wf-strong/

Read it.
http://www.western-companies.com/legacy.php
Eddie Chiles and The Western Company are lasting Texas icons.

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 09-06-2020).]

blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2020 08:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"These are stories from Texas (and some of them are true). Love it!

Rams
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2020 02:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Blatantly Misleading Political Advertising

I think you just repeated yourself.
rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2020 11:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think i's fair to say that the President's incredibly famous Twitter messages from his "realDonaldTrump" account are a kind of political advertising.

Here's what CNN has to say about one of his newest such "tweets."

"Fact check: Trump makes four false claims in one sentence"

In what may be a new record for President Donald Trump, he made four false claims in one sentence of a tweet on Saturday.

The sentence was about Hillary Clinton, Trump's 2016 election opponent, and Andrew McCabe, the former deputy director and acting director of the FBI.

It's a fairly brief article, so I won't reproduce any more of it.

Daniel Dale for CNN; September 14, 2020.
https://www.cnn.com/2020/09...mcauliffe/index.html
Australian

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2020 03:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any promises are never mentioned again throughout leadership just all just a personal agenda.
RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2020 01:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just got the first blatantly misleading political ad on the forum:

What is it? Replacement for the ancient pipeline that everyone wants shut down before it leaks and seriously pollutes the great lakes, that is currently coming in from Canada and supplying refineries in Sarnia, Canada that is currently heavily polluting Port Huron, Michigan

https://www.michigan.gov/line5/

The ad's link, straight to the line owner's website:

https://www.enbridge.com/pr...n-really-need-line-5
PFF
System Bot
Rickady88GT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2020 01:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rinselberg:

I think i's fair to say that the President's incredibly famous Twitter messages from his "realDonaldTrump" account are a kind of political advertising.

Here's what CNN has to say about one of his newest such "tweets."

It's a fairly brief article, so I won't reproduce any more of it.

Daniel Dale for CNN; September 14, 2020.
https://www.cnn.com/2020/09...mcauliffe/index.html

The cnn tabloid has no credibility. They should stick to the standard alien stories and who broke up with what celebrities.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2020 03:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rickady88GT:

The cnn tabloid has no credibility. They should stick to the standard alien stories and who broke up with what celebrities.

Of course Clinton did not pay off donate to McCabe. That would just look bad. I suppose it is just a coincidence that in July 2015, a group of people who regularly donated to the Clinton Foundation gave $13,000,000 to Terry McAuliffe. Clinton did not give anything to McAuliffe to give to McCabe.

And it was also just a coincidence that McCabe was promoted that same month.

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 09-15-2020).]

Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2020 04:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rinselberg: Here's what CNN has to say about one of his newest such "tweets."

They must have been envious.
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2020 07:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post09-15-2020 07:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jake_Dragon:

Just lazy

Where the hell did you find my retirement plan ?

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock