Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  NFL Football : The Washington Red Faced Is The Redskins New Name. (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
NFL Football : The Washington Red Faced Is The Redskins New Name. by cliffw
Started on: 07-04-2020 09:18 AM
Replies: 56 (1112 views)
Last post by: williegoat on 12-25-2020 02:25 AM
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2020 07:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rinselberg:

It's official. The NFL's Washington Redskins are retiring the Redskins name. Not changing it. Not discarding it. RETIRING it. (Very nuanced.)

I don't know what they are going to be named, going forward. It's not supposed to be revealed yet, as some trademark issues are still being worked. Although it could certainly be "leaked" or ferreted out by the media before the official announcement.

No skin?
So the head line would be Washington has No Skin in the game.

Its all so confusing

[This message has been edited by Jake_Dragon (edited 07-13-2020).]

IP: Logged
williegoat

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2020 08:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It's official. The NFL's Washington Redskins are retiring the Redskins name. Not changing it. Not discarding it. RETIRING it. (Very nuanced.)

I don't know what they are going to be named, going forward. It's not supposed to be revealed yet, as some trademark issues are still being worked. Although it could certainly be "leaked" or ferreted out by the media before the official announcement.

maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2020 09:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2020 02:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
NFL Football : The Washington Red Faced Is The Redskins New Name.

Hehehehe. NFL starts this week. Anybody know the 'politically correct' name of the foreskins ?
82-T/A [At Work]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2020 04:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:

NFL Football : The Washington Red Faced Is The Redskins New Name.

Hehehehe. NFL starts this week. Anybody know the 'politically correct' name of the foreskins ?

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2020 04:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Really ? The Warriors ?

Going down in history as the only sports team of any venue with a losing record before they even played one game.

They couldn't even keep their name.
82-T/A [At Work]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2020 06:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:

Really ? The Warriors ?

Going down in history as the only sports team of any venue with a losing record before they even played one game.

They couldn't even keep their name.

I know... it's so lame. The logo... they look like Russian Coal Miners from the 1950s.

Most Native Americans liked it... it had heritage. If they were going to change the name, they could have at least maintained homage to the Native Americans that came before them.

The white liberals have tried to do this repeatedly to University of Florida... e.g., "the Seminoles" but the Seminole Indian Tribe of Florida has fully backed FSU and said they are in 100% agreement as a tribe that they are honored for the school to use them as their mascot... yet, every year... there's some white liberal that tries to start a movement to change the name.
rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2020 01:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I looked but I don't see anything online about the new name for the Washington NFL franchise. Just that it's coming.

I guess they could become the Washington Warriors, but I can't imagine that they would settle upon a helmet design or team logo as repulsive as what "82-T/A" posted here the other day.

There's been a suggestion that they became the Washington Code Talkers or Washington Navajo Code Talkers, as a nod to the famous Navajo code talkers of the U.S. during World War Two, but I can't "see" it, myself. "Code Talkers," too esoteric of a concept, methinks. And "Navajo Code Talkers," just too many words and syllables.

I got one. The Washington Tomacs. A made-up word that would be derivative of the Potomac River. Kind of like the Japanese-branded cars with made-up word names for the U.S. or North American market.

The Washington Cherry Blossoms.

The Washington Monuments? I guess that would do disservice to their (hoped for) nimbleness and speed.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 09-10-2020).]

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2020 03:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I looked but I don't see anything online about the new name for the Washington NFL franchise. Just that it's coming.

It appears it is "the Football Team".

The Washington Football Team

Wasn't George Washington a slave owner ? Yes
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2020 02:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Two suggestions, each alluding to the original name or concept:

The Football Indians - to be known as the FBI

or the Washington Red Hats

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2020 09:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cleveland is dropping their Cleveland Indians name.
Offical announcement to come within days.

American Indians are happy with the decision, saying they are tired of being associated with losers since Cleveland hasn't won a World Series in 72 years (1948).
Private ticket sellers to Cleveland's games will henceforth be referred to as Native American Barbers

https://www.cleveland.com/t...rding-to-report.html

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 12-13-2020).]

PFF
System Bot
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2020 10:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Five new names (candidates) for Cleveland's MLB franchise.
https://fansided.com/2016/1...instead-chief-wahoo/

Rockers, Elites, Tribe, Bluebirds, Spiders

I like the "Rockers." A nod to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Museum in Cleveland.

The "Tribe" is offered as a (more) anodyne version of "Indians."

The "Elites" had a brief history as a Cleveland-based Negro League team in 1926. Known as the "Hornets" In 1927--the last year for that franchise.

Before Cleveland's American League franchise became the "Indians' in 1915, they were called the "Blues" or "Bluebirds."

Before that, Cleveland had a professional baseball franchise called the "Spiders" from 1887 to 1899.

There's also some of that history in the article from "maryjane."

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 12-13-2020).]

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2020 05:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Cleveland (soon to be no longer) Indians were written up on NBCNews(.com) today. Or yesterday.

"He's why Cleveland came to be called the Indians. How should they honor him?"

Members of one Maine tribe hope that the team's first known Native American player, trailblazer Louis Sockalexis of the Penobscot Nation, is properly recognized.

Erik Ortiz for NBC News; December 14, 2020.
https://www.nbcnews.com/new...ange-say-it-n1251183

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 12-15-2020).]

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2020 09:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:
Private ticket sellers to Cleveland's games will henceforth be referred to as the "Native American Barbers"

Yeah, I caught that. You sexist pig (I hope I do not get banned).

The correct term is "Native American hair stylists".
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2020 09:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My barber is a female and she describes herself as a barber, and not as a 'hair stylist'.

She just cuts hair. Doesn't rearrange how what's left up there looks.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2020 09:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

My barber is a female and she describes herself as a barber, and not as a 'hair stylist'.

She just cuts hair.

I also use a barber. Autry, about 75 years old. My wife calls him, wait for it, ... a "scalper". I like the guy and his work. Once the wife went with me. I told him the wife was along with me to teach him how to cut hair.

I asked him if he was gonna' charge me extra, .

My post was in jest. I saw your post just after posted and wanted to comment, but withheld. Thinking someone else might comment, not wanting to ruin your sly reference to actual scalping.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-25-2020 02:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What's a barber?
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock