Started on: 06-24-2020 08:09 AM
Replies: 160 (2154 views)
Last post by: rinselberg on 07-17-2020 07:31 PM
rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2020 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:

<SNIP>

Contact tracing is suggesting that the spread in many southern States is because of northerners who escaped the infected areas because they were locked down.

I am quoting from another thread (about Andrew Cuomo and the Mount Coronavirus poster art) but responding on this thread for contextual considerations. Like the old bromide (I guess "old" and "bromide" are redundant in this context) that would seem to have first emerged from the business of real estate; i.e., "location, location, location."

I think this is one of those remarks that "begs the question." The question being "How did that happen?"

I can believe that there is contract tracing or mobile phone data that supports the explanation that some part of the high and rising infection rates in Florida, Arizona, Texas, Georgia (etc.) can be explained as having been seeded by coronavirus that was transported across state lines by visitors from New York and other lockdown states who were looking for sunshine, beaches and bars, dine-in or dine-at restaurants and other in person retail experiences that were unavailable in their home states.

But who opened the doors that encouraged or permitted this latter day "Northern" re-invasion of the South? Are there accusatory fingers that can fairly be pointed at the governors of these particular Southern and Sun Belt states (and California, to boot) because they opened up their states for business and recreation in ways that disregarded the CDC's "gating criteria" for not reopening until there were 10 successive days of decline in the observable infection rates? (There's more to the gating criteria than just that; I am only trying to reference the gating criteria in a general way.)

A rhetorical question.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 07-17-2020).]

IP: Logged
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 

All times are ET (US)
next newest topic | next oldest topic

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay