Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  Corona and the 2nd Amendment, and the 4th...and the 1st...

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Corona and the 2nd Amendment, and the 4th...and the 1st... by 2.5
Started on: 04-22-2020 09:30 PM
Replies: 15 (305 views)
Last post by: 2.5 on 04-27-2020 05:24 PM

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2020 09:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
They have some good points.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwF8SCrI2_0

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
randye

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2020 10:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not a terrible video but at about 16:24 he goes off the rails a bit by confusing the 1st Amendment with the 6th.

I believe that it is incumbent on all Americans to know and fully understand our Constitution.
Wichita

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2020 01:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So the left wants you to have a Covid ID in order to shop at WalMart and to walk in public. But don't want any ID to vote. Ok. I get it.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2020 09:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by randye:

Not a terrible video but at about 16:24 he goes off the rails a bit by confusing the 1st Amendment with the 6th.

I believe that it is incumbent on all Americans to know and fully understand our Constitution.

True he should have mentioned the 6th. I think the way he was describing , he may hav been sort of combining 6th and 1st into free speech as the right to speak on your own behalf, but then he did mention your accuser, etc. These particular guys dont really edit their bench videos much.
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2020 07:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

True he should have mentioned the 6th. I think the way he was describing , he may hav been sort of combining 6th and 1st into free speech as the right to speak on your own behalf, but then he did mention your accuser, etc. These particular guys dont really edit their bench videos much.

I don't expect them to be "Constitutional scholars", but my point was that more Americans need to really know and fully understand their own Constitution and be able to be conversant with it without jumbling parts of it together or not understanding what those different parts really mean.

"Gun folks" are usually fairly up to speed on the 2nd Amendment, and rightfully so, but I am of the considered and firm opinion that the 2nd Amendment is there specifically to help protect the rest of the Constitution and our freedom, therefore we all have a duty to know clearly and in detail what we're protecting.

Thanks for posting the video.

It's interesting that we are seeing so many new gun buyers that suddenly realized that self protection is in their own best interest.

I'll be equally interested in seeing how many of their now "used guns" are being sold off by these new buyers once the "crisis" has abated and also reading about their squealing and complaining about the decrease in value of those now "used guns" that 'nobody told them about" and they also didn't anticipate.

( I put "used guns" in quotation because I think we all know that their complaint will be: ("but, but, but...I NEVER SHOT IT"... )

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 04-23-2020).]

Fats

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2020 07:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FatsSend a Private Message to FatsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OK, why are we picking apart one single thing they said?

Are we trying to change the argument?

Serious question. Why go off in the weeds?
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2020 07:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fats:

OK, why are we picking apart one single thing they said?

Are we trying to change the argument?

Serious question. Why go off in the weeds?

Calm down, Relax.

Serious answer:

Nobody is trying to "change the argument", in fact there isn't an "argument"........(unless you want to start one) .....and this isn't "off in the weeds" considering that the video that is the subject of the thread is talking all over the place about the Constitution, new gun buyers, the Corona virus and specific Amendments to the Constitution, and more.

This is the way internet threads go, they meander off in different directions, (just like the video).

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 04-23-2020).]

Fats

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2020 07:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FatsSend a Private Message to FatsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fair enough. It seemed to be off in the weeds to me.

Carry on, I wasn't meaning to play bad guy.
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2020 08:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fats:

Carry on, I wasn't meaning to play bad guy.

I didn't think you were, but considering the "climate" around here lately you can't be too sure.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2020 11:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow, good news for California! I just got this from a retailer in an email.

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2020 11:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

"A federal judge has blocked California's law..."

That is pretty big news and I'll have to go see if I can find the judge's order and the lawsuit on Lexis / Nexis

It will be interesting to see if this is a TRO or if it's a final order and how broad or narrow it is.

PFF
System Bot
Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post04-24-2020 02:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I didn't think you were, but considering the "climate" around here lately you can't be too sure.

Really, how stupid do you think people are here?
You actually think no one remembers that YOU are the main problem with the climate around here.
YOU'RE the bad weather.

Now blow.

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2020 05:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boondawg:

Really, how stupid do you think people are here?

The answer to that is easy.

I don't think anyone here is even close to being as stupid as you are.

Your own admission confirms that opinion.

Do you ever wonder what you could have been if you had a high school education and weren’t abusing drugs and alcohol?

Originally posted by Boondawg:

Of course I do.

Now, do you have anything substantive to add to the topic of this thread?

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 04-25-2020).]

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2020 06:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

randye

13825 posts
Member since Mar 2006

I found a copy of the judge's order and it's amazing!

In a 120 PAGE order, United States District Judge, Roger T. Benitez absolutely ROASTED both California's ammo law and California AG, Xavier Becerra

Here is the start of the order:

UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT
SOUTHERN DISTRICT OF CALIFORNIA

KIM RHODE, et al.,
Plaintiffs,

v.

XAVIER BECERRA, in his official capacity as Attorney General of the State of California,
Defendant.

Case No.: 18-cv-802-BEN

ORDER GRANTING PLAINTIFFS’ MOTION FOR PRELIMINARY INJUNCTION

The experiment has been tried. The casualties have been counted. California’s new ammunition background check law misfires and the Second Amendment rights of California citizens have been gravely injured. In this action, Plaintiffs seek a preliminary injunction enjoining California’s onerous and convoluted new laws requiring ammunition purchase background checks and implementing ammunition anti-importation laws. For the reasons that follow, the motion for preliminary injunction is granted. (emphasis mine)

The purported state interest to be achieved by these new laws is keeping ammunition out of the hands of prohibited Californians. These new laws are constitutionally defective for several reasons. First, criminals, tyrants, and terrorists don’t do background checks. The background check experiment defies common sense while unduly and severely burdening the Second Amendment rights of every responsible, gun-owning citizen desiring to lawfully buy ammunition.

There is only one policy enshrined in the Bill of Rights. Guns and ammunition in the hands of criminals, tyrants and terrorists are poisonous; guns in the hands of law-abiding responsible citizens are the antidote.

To give full life to the core right of self-defense, every law-abiding responsible individual citizen has a constitutionally-protected right to keep and bear firearms and ammunition. No legislature or popular vote has the constitutional authority to dictate to a citizen that he or she may not acquire ordinary and popular ammunition for his or her guns. Nor may the acquisition process be made so unreasonably difficult that she simply throws up her hands and surrenders the right. Plaintiffs have made a sufficient showing of their likelihood of succeeding on the merits of the Second Amendment claims.

............................................................................................

The full text of the judge's order is here if you want to read all of it. It's a VERY well crafted order and clearly tells what his forthcoming final order in this case will be and sets up his that final order to be pretty much "appeal proof" in terms of the "9th Circus" trying to overturn it without an immediate cert to the SCOTUS.

https://freebeacon.com/wp-c...asd_.571335.60.0.pdf

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 04-25-2020).]

82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2020 10:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That is pretty big news and I'll have to go see if I can find the judge's order and the lawsuit on Lexis / Nexis

It will be interesting to see if this is a TRO or if it's a final order and how broad or narrow it is.

Haha... not only did they say they're going to double-staff and expedite, but they even said they were going to prioritize shipping to California. That's awesome... it's such a slap in the face to those who seek (for no other reason than) to strip us of our self-granted Constitutional rights.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2020 05:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Looks like they switched it back already.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock