Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  Fools with Mask are Funny... πŸ˜• (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Fools with Mask are Funny... πŸ˜• by theogre
Started on: 03-21-2020 12:46 AM
Replies: 47 (903 views)
Last post by: cliffw on 04-10-2020 12:52 PM
theogre

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2020 12:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not. 🚫

So many complete Idiots bought masks 😷 "to fight _____ virus" then use them so they are useless❓No, not good as that because It gets Worse so will make it More likely to have what their are Terrified of.

Just in one trip alone in < 4 hours I saw:
Guys w/ Beards w/ Masks.
Multiple people putting on and taking off the same mask several times. When off hanging of anything or even crush to put in pockets etc.
Several think can move mask down to rest on chin and leave it until "needed" again. 🀑
1 guy gave the mask to GF/Wife/whatever... Why? To Go into a Port-a-Potty. πŸ”… Then got worse because she Stacked the 2 used masks like maker did in the box... ☠️

If you are not going to even the very basic research how to use them right and follow the rules Every Time then don't even try to think a mask will help you. Not even for simple dust masks for sanding whatever or sweeping a floor. This is a big reason that OSHA and Smart Companies require Training and Fitting to use them.

If you one of the leaches hording masks and other PPE or started to sell before Ebay et al cancelled the plan then suggest you cut your lose and give them to Hospitals and get someone to sign for proof you did before Cops, SWAT, Nat Guard or Feds come to search for your inventory. πŸš“ πŸš” Amazon Ebay and likely others have already reported sellers to many local, state and "federal level" governments. Visa and other Card Processors and even stores can report or govmnts demand data for the hording of PPE too because most buy w/ Credit/Debit cards.

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2020 01:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For most people, a handkerchief works just as well as a mask.
Except for the better niosh N-95s or better, & the little over the ears, rectangle shaped rubberband mask they hand out at hospital entrances is to protect others from YOUR respiratory droplets.
There is a big difference between a mask and a respirator.

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 03-21-2020).]

Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2020 01:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2020 02:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Neither did the one guy (extreme lower right) wearing a cap.

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2020 02:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Extreme lower right guy got the mask memo alright. He just happens to be the only baseball player there.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 03-21-2020).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2020 02:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Patrick

36444 posts
Member since Apr 99

Home Depot appears to be out of these masks now as well.

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2020 04:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

Only a few will get this....
10,000 Chinese walk into a bar
theogre

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2020 09:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:
There is a big difference between a mask and a respirator.
I group all as "Masks" here because very few even know the difference.
The cheap Soft mask/respirator w/ "rubber band(s)" are not really one size fits all. Size and shape of head and matters as well as just how you use them. More so w/ small or large heads near or over mask design spec Because band(s) are too big or small and won't seal or break easy.
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2020 09:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a box of them in my workshop that I bought from Harbor Freight a few years ago. I use them when I'm doing electrical work in the attic, and even when I'm going through my closet once a year to pull out clothes for donation, and do an annual thorough cleaning when I empty the entire closet and put everything back, and to see what fits and what doesn't.

I always get a kick out of it though when I see people wearing them backwards (blue side out). I don't suppose it makes too much of a difference, but you're pretty much defeating one layer of particulate filtration by doing that.
theogre

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2020 11:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That pic also shows 2 common problems for just people in focus or not hidden... (And found another didn't get memo...)

Likely others didn't bent the metal right but harder to see even zoom in to edit.

"Rebel" is not that. All kinds of colored often "reusable" masks are sold in China Japan and other countries. Look at pictures in China and Japan for last 10 to 20 years and see even Hello Kitty etc masks for Adult and Kids. IOW His Black mask is common and likely tame compared to many.
How good is that and other at filtering "N-95" size crap? That is another story w/ many likely failing to meet US NIOSH N-95 or the EU P/FFP 2 or 3 ratings. Not just because made cheap to rip off users but made only to handle bigger crap like cheap "Dust masks" here.

Guys, Masks like Vacuum Filters have different ratings... Most vacuums for home, shop and commercial use handles most crap on/in whatever but used them to clean up the wrong things like a Toner Spill from a Laser Printer and the whole area is now coated w/ Toner. Even most vacuums claiming to have HEPA filter can't handle Toner and is why many in the IT world buys $200+ 3M "Toner Vac" make for this job.

I use many cheap masks when working w/ fiber glass insulation, sweeping, etc. so can throw them in trash when done plus they are light and doesn't heat up like most "Hard masks." But When working w/ Roundup, "Oil base" paint, sweeping garage floors, and worse, I have P-100 filters w/ and w/o Carbon to trap VOC problems. (Even N-95 to P100 filters alone can't trap gasses/fumes from paint etc.)
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2020 03:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wore several different kind of "masks" in the few years I worked in radioactive site remediation.
It's one of the worst aspects of the whole job, having to breath thru them for hours on end, not to mention I had to shave each morning, which I detest..
I looked about like this on days where the levels and risk were low:

PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2020 04:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by theogre:

"Rebel" is not that.

Ogre, you misunderstood. I used a little known Adobe Photoshop plugin called Mask Remove, and it revealed that guy to be James Dean.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 03-21-2020).]

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2020 04:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dean? Rebel without a clue sums him up precisely..He didn't know. He was an unsuspecting test subject and the first death from coronavirus in 1955, when it was still just a Fort Detrick (USAMRIID) deep state experimental bio-weapon that escaped but needed better testing. CIA covered up his death by crashing his Spyder and then placing his body in the wreckage. The guy in the concocted story that was supposedly driving the car that allegedly turned in front of Dean was actually a CIA operative and was part of the site sanitation event.

You can read all about it over on one of MeM's favorite websites..

MadMark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2020 04:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Two things:

First: My local hospital has put out a call for anyone with commercial masks to donate them to the hospital since they have run out of PPE for the hospital. They are also looking for volunteers to sew masks at home out of fabric. They even have directions for how to do it. I have a few N-95 masks that my son gave me, but there are only 9 of them. It I needed them its probably too late and not enough of them to do much. So I will give them to the hospital.

Second: All masks are not the same. Here is a link to the different ratings:

https://ebolapreparedness.o...95-respirator-masks/
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2020 05:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MadMark:

Two things:

First: My local hospital has put out a call for anyone with commercial masks to donate them to the hospital since they have run out of PPE for the hospital. They are also looking for volunteers to sew masks at home out of fabric. They even have directions for how to do it. I have a few N-95 masks that my son gave me, but there are only 9 of them. It I needed them its probably too late and not enough of them to do much. So I will give them to the hospital.

Second: All masks are not the same. Here is a link to the different ratings:

https://ebolapreparedness.o...95-respirator-masks/

Directions how to sew them please...
(Ya damn right I can sew. The Navy is more than ships at sea, it's an education too.)
MadMark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2020 05:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Directions how to sew them please...
(Ya damn right I can sew. The Navy is more than ships at sea, it's an education too.)

I just sent an email to find out that information for you. As soon as it comes through I will put it on here.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2020 06:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
tu
Hudini

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2020 06:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As I understand it, masks are not to protect you. They are to protect everyone FROM you. This is sneezing into your elbow or coughing into your coat. It's to keep micro droplets of your spittle from being inhaled or landing on surfaces to later be picked up. Don't poopoo all masks or people who wear one.

MadMark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2020 06:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
[img]https://images.fiero.nl/userimage s/MadMark/mask%202.jpg[/img]Here is the information on what the Hospital is doing to make their own masks.

First a video: " TARGET=_blank>https://youtu.be/BCJcE-r7kc...k/mask%201.jpg[/img]

I can't guarantee this is equal to an N-95 mask or any other mask, but my local hospital thinks it would help them and their employees.
MadMark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2020 06:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

MadMark

2935 posts
Member since Feb 2010
Well that didn't show up too well. So here is the other two pictures.
MadMark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2020 06:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

MadMark

2935 posts
Member since Feb 2010
Here is the second image.
PFF
System Bot
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2020 06:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Mark. I really never considered this until you mentioned it!!
But I believe I can do this once I obtain some of the material and I know right where to get all I need.
In reference to the picture being a bit small, I found the PDF file of the same thing from RMC.
https://www.regmedctr.org/w...0Filter%20Pocket.pdf

And here is the video they link to.

One of my older sisters is a very talented and experienced seamstress. Has at least 9 sewing machines and a "she shed' sewing shop with bolts and bolts of fabric of all kinds, and she is bored to death right now being stuck at home. I think this is something that is right down her alley as well for all her church and sewing club friends too.

Hudini, you are 100% correct, Masks of this type serve only to protect OTHERS from our droplets.

Laugh all ya want, but I'm always up for a challenge. I don't really need them, as I have some commercial disposable masks that do the same thing, but pouring rain here now and turned cold again so I may as well give it a try.
The very first thing, instead of all that measuring, is to make a 1 off and pin or staple it together, then dis-assemble it and make a hard pattern.

If ya don't like that one:
https://www.youtube.com/res...+mask+pattern+sewing

MadMark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2020 08:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hudini, you are 100% correct, Masks of this type serve only to protect OTHERS from our droplets.

Laugh all ya want, but I'm always up for a challenge. I don't really need them, as I have some commercial disposable masks that do the same thing, but pouring rain here now and turned cold again so I may as well give it a try.
The very first thing, instead of all that measuring, is to make a 1 off and pin or staple it together, then dis-assemble it and make a hard pattern.

I used to work in a plant that made foam for cosmetic, medical and other uses. We used small presses like Clicker Presses originally to cut the shapes of the foam we wanted. Things like donuts and triangles for cosmetic puffs pads and wedges. We would use a rule die to cut through the foam to a poly plate. Then we got an Atom press. This had a hydraulic head that moved sideways so you could sequentially cut across the whole web. It cut through the foam to a special belt and the belt was computer controlled just like the head was so that it would advance when it needed to to pattern the cuts for the best use of the web.

When they asked for seamstresses to make these masks for the hospital I immediately thought of the Atom press and using it with a rule die to cut the cloth. So I called and talked to the administrator in charge at the hospital and offered to put them in touch with the proper people to get this done. So hopefully they will get back with me on this and we can get it coordinated. We might even be able to get material cut by late afternoon on Monday. The dies we used were made over in Grand Rapids, MI, about an hour and a half away so it wouldn't take much to get the die made and ready for pickup to bring back to our area of the state. It would sure increase the capacity of the seamstresses for making these masks, if they didn't need to cut the material. The dies are usually pretty cheap. I would think a couple of hundred dollars would cover a basic die.

Hopefully, we can get this going.
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post03-22-2020 01:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I picked mine up yesterday. Don't really see what good it will do against a virus, but damn it gets service at the bank!

theogre

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2020 02:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hudini:
As I understand it, masks are not to protect you. They are to protect everyone FROM you. This is sneezing into your elbow or coughing into your coat. It's to keep micro droplets of your spittle from being inhaled or landing on surfaces to later be picked up. Don't poopoo all masks or people who wear one.
Not really...

Any soft or hard mask w/ outlet valve is design to protect the wearer/user. Many soft masks have a plastic part on front that have this valve underneath.
Example: all on this 3M page

Any w/o that then output air goes thru sides and the mask media again.
"Surgical Masks" and some N95's are this second type so when wearer sneezes etc the mask contains most outlet air and whatever in it and stop most of that trying to fill a room.

People already positive for X should not use first type because all of the outlet valve I know of available to the public do nothing to keep crap in vs second type.
Including All examples above plus North(Honeywell) 7700 and 3M "hard" half masks have outlet valve dump outlet air directly. Only diverts outlet air some so plastic can protect the valve.

Even then some to most N95 and higher masks might not work well for this...
Example for a related issue try reading thru Honeywell "Ebola Protection Recommendations & FAQs" and other places.

Click the link below for a list of Honeywell Safety Products personal protective equipment (PPE) for use in Ebola environments, consistent with CDC guidance.

Caution: None of our PPE has been certified or tested specifically for use in Ebola environments.
WTF here's the list we sell but nothing is certified or tested even after 6+ years of dealing w/ Ebola❓❓❓ PDF of products is same.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2020 04:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

With contagious viruses true and not true. Some masks indeed keep the wearer safe. Such as what hospital workers might wear.

As mentioned, not all masks are created equal and are rated as such. I have a funny example. While in the oil field I used to mix additives in drilling mud. I needed a mask rated for particulates ... dust. While painting, we are requires to wear "masks" also. More a respirator. We had many who would wear particulate masks while painting and when I corrected one user, he removed his "mask" to discuss it with me and his nose hairs were blue (the color he was painting).

We also had SCBA masks (above water SCUBA masks) for poisonous gas situations. That is the time to get it right.

theogre

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2020 05:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Live from WH now...
Today Trump signed Orders so FBI and Local Law Enforcement can go after hoarders and price gougers of Mask, Other PPE and likely other things.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2020 05:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good!
But, it does loosen the tent flap a lot for the bigger camel's nose to get under....

theogre

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2020 07:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Note that's a fed Order but many states already have laws for this too and been after them. Likely Many people can now simple call 911 to report price gouging vendors.

[This message has been edited by theogre (edited 03-23-2020).]

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2020 07:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wouldn't want to tie up a 911 operator for a price gouging report.

In Texas:
Anyone who has encountered price gouging during the coronavirus outbreak is asked to call the Office of the Attorney General's Consumer Protection Hotline toll-free at 1-800-621-0508.

As you say, most states have one but 16 states have no statutes against price gouging.

I saw a number to report it on a Federal level a couple days ago but don't know now where I saw it posted.
Hudini

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2020 09:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What is considered price gouging? A certain mark up over cost?
PFF
System Bot
Hudini

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2020 09:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hudini

9029 posts
Member since Feb 2006
DP

[This message has been edited by Hudini (edited 03-27-2020).]

MadMark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2020 09:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

What is considered price gouging? A certain mark up over cost?

What ever the powers that be decide it is!
Hudini

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2020 09:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You would think with todays delivery services one could easily go elsewhere. It’s not like you are out of fuel and the gas station wants double. I remember after Sandy Hook when ammo prices skyrocketed. You just didn’t buy. Same now as people try to resell ammo for stupid high prices. Just ignore them and let them eat it.

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2020 10:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Gouging would be the sudden markup of any retail goods that didn't also involve an increase from the wholesaler.

I've recently seen this: (or another brand of the same thing)

be marked up 3-4-5X what it normally sells for, simply because it was in short supply. It still cost the retailer the same from his supplier, but the retailer decided to cash in on the increased demand, thus padding his profit margin considerably at the consumer's expense. That, is price gouging.
IF, the item had suddenly cost more at the wholesale level, then the retailer is justified to increase the retail price accordingly, but that is not what has been happening.
(I did NOT see this happen at Target...I just used their picture to illustrate item and usual price)
theogre

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2020 12:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I wouldn't want to tie up a 911 operator for a price gouging report.

In Texas:
Anyone who has encountered price gouging during the coronavirus outbreak is asked to call the Office of the Attorney General's Consumer Protection Hotline toll-free at 1-800-621-0508.

As you say, most states have one but 16 states have no statutes against price gouging.

CLICK FOR FULL SIZE

I saw a number to report it on a Federal level a couple days ago but don't know now where I saw it posted.
Map has at least 1 error...
DE Price Gouging law covered here... and not new law.

You can report normal businesses filing a slow complaint for State AG etc but doesn't help for a-holes selling "on street" and so on.
Even then Unless you provide your own proof the X businesses price gouge many States the law means nothing because State agencies are very slow to do anything normally and slower now.

[This message has been edited by theogre (edited 03-24-2020).]

theogre

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2020 12:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
1 vendor story of price gouging getting legal problems...
He Bought 18,000 Disinfectants To Get Rich. It Backfired Big Time. BE AMAZED at YT

https://www.insider.com/pol...-toilet-paper-2020-3
6abc had a story about truck stopped loaded w/ TB etc. Not sure same story or not.
theogre

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2020 07:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Brooklyn man arrested for hoarding masks, coughing on FBI agents NYPost
The masks etc has already gone to hospital(s) in the area in later articles today...
Feds distribute 200K N95 masks seized from coronavirus hoarder
Fats

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2020 05:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FatsSend a Private Message to FatsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Some of us drivers are being told we have to be wearing a mask (of some sort) to deliver, but our company policy is no masks provided by the company because they say it spreads germs more. At this point, I can't seem to find any masks for sale anywhere, so I will just use a shirt when needed and pretend it works somehow.

I'm just a truck driver caught in the middle, I really don't know which way is better, but I know I need a mask to do my job. There are arguments that make sense from both sides, I'm not a medical anything though...

I've got a couple at home, but I'm nowhere near there, like many truck drivers.
theogre

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2020 10:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fats,
The Big Problem is Most people have no clue How to use any mask types.
All of the problems above and more are very common.

Watch people at just about anyplace and you'll see many of the above examples and even worse.
Even just watch local TV news and see people w/ masks pulled down etc.

Now add States and Feds now say use a mask but give little to nothing to help that issue.
Example: SG Jerome Adams just today said: (short paraphrase version) Clean your hands before putting on any mask and don't screw w/ it.
Yet few do this.

Many Businesses don't want to provide them even before this because of dealing w/ OHSA rules and Insurance. Sites now "demanding" mask use may find problems w/ OSHA later costing Big $ fines and lawsuits. Many didn't see or understand OSHA "banned" mask use in NYC after 9/11 for site workers and others... Many reason why that happened besides "everyone" claim the site was "safe."

"Simple Masks" can be anything but needs to follow same basic rules.
Wash Hand and Face before putting on a Clean "mask."
Don't fool with it when on.
Only When done take it off and clean hands and "mask."

Better is reusable cloth "mask" sim to surgical mask etc w/ wire to bend over your nose.
many DIY patterns that can search for.

In your case...
Long driving x to y likely want to lose it driving... Just have extras and use a clean "mask" every stop.
Short driving like UPS etc drivers leave mask on as much as possible then use a new "mask" after breaks.

Why? A bandana etc are easy to lose track what way last used. Even left tied the "mask" is on your neck or chest that gets dirty.

Keep spares in ziplock plastic and dirty in another container so you can't confuse them.

Any Training/Info?
Try google osha mask training as a start tho maybe harder to find what you need w/ all of the bs now push by MSM and many others.
Examples:
https://www.osha.gov/video/...tion/fittesting.html
https://www.osha.gov/video/...on/construction.html
The Difference Between Respirators and Surgical Masks US Department of Labor @ YT
Respirator Safety

[This message has been edited by theogre (edited 04-04-2020).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay