Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  This is the Lead Candidate for the Democratic Presidential Candidates

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
This is the Lead Candidate for the Democratic Presidential Candidates by MadMark
Started on: 01-15-2020 05:32 PM
Replies: 8 (209 views)
Last post by: 82-T/A [At Work] on 01-16-2020 07:08 AM
MadMark

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2020 05:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Last night's debate highlighted the stumbling, bumbling of Joe (mumbles) Biden. If this is the best they have I just have to laugh. Can you imagine him on the stage going up against President Trump.

https://news.grabien.com/st...final-democratic-deb
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Rickady88GT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2020 06:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MadMark:

Last night's debate highlighted the stumbling, bumbling of Joe (mumbles) Biden. If this is the best they have I just have to laugh. Can you imagine him on the stage going up against President Trump.

https://news.grabien.com/st...final-democratic-deb

Or a debate with Putin?
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2020 07:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think Biden will be this generation's Walter Mondale.

Mondale was also a former VP (under Carter). He also ran against a Republican President (Reagan) who was running for a second term. The Dems in 1984 tried to make a go of it, but there was really no hope of stopping the Reagan juggernaut. I think the same applies here.

I'm not a Trump fanboy. But IMO he's preferable to the alternative (referring to Hitlery AND Creepy Joe). And President Trump hasn't given people enough reason to not re-elect him.
randye

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2020 09:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Can you imagine him on the stage going up against President Trump.

OH YES!...I can imagine every glorious moment of it.

At some point during a debate Ol' Creepy, Senile Joe will get pissed off again and will challenge President Trump to a pushup contest or a fist fight.

...or he will do it again somewhere on the campaign trail like he already has.

The TV ads against Joe that the RNC will be able to air will also be absolutely glorious too.

There is no lack of material to choose from on Creepy, "the kids like to stroke the hair on my legs", Joe.

Whether it's Old Comrade Bernie, Liawatha or Creepy Joe, it doesn't matter it's going to be a lot of fun to watch.

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 01-15-2020).]

MadMark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2020 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
randy, that is my thinking too. It is going to be fun to watch. Maybe we could get Biden to take a ride in a tank too, just to have a comparison. I think Biden would get so flustered by Trump attacking him he would bust a vein in his temple.
randye

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2020 10:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

randy, that is my thinking too. It is going to be fun to watch. Maybe we could get Biden to take a ride in a tank too, just to have a comparison. I think Biden would get so flustered by Trump attacking him he would bust a vein in his temple.

The thing is, Creepy Joe Biden is a lot more like an older Lloyd Bentsen now than he is a Mike Dukakis.

I think Bentsen was actually a decent man at heart. He was just way past his "sell by date" when he ran with Dukakis in 88' and it showed during his debates despite his famous one-liner at Dan Quayle.

Biden is just a walking poster boy for sleaze, graft and incompetence.

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 01-15-2020).]

E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post01-16-2020 12:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm sure that , when and if Joe gets the dem nod.
When he is debating with Trump, the dems will have a ear bud in his ear feeding him what to say.
I don't trust the dems to play fair. and only a fool would.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2020 01:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Most people just didn't understand Lloyd Bentsen.
They saw him in the debates and in interviews as being dumb or out of his league. It was the other way around. He was so smart, intelligent, and knowldgable thru years of business experience, that he found debates and political campaigning boring. Today, he would be viewed as a moderate, and probably someone Trump could work with. He had been on the boards of Lincoln Consolidated, Lockheed, Continental Oil, Consolidated American Life Insurance Co, and several banks.

He could court labor or oil companies equally well, and he truly understood finances and economics.
A bomber pilot in WW2, he was shot down twice and flew over 30 missions over Italy. They didn't give out those DFCs for nothing.
He was not afraid to take on anyone, but he did it most times by studying them and working from his office.
Dukakis lost that race, not Bentsen. He HATED politicians that made empty promises they knew they didn't have a chance in hell or any intention of keeping. That just wasn't his thing, but that's what politics of that era required, so he looked 'dull'.

As a committee chairman, he was more of a Trey Gowdy type than Gowdy is...he wouldn't accept govt waste. A fiscal conservative under a liberal wrapping I guess.

I recently read an old Texas Monthly article on him, and it delved deeply into what made him tick.
He was absolutely devoted to his wife and family..no screwing around.

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 01-16-2020).]

82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2020 07:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't think Joe is as dumb as he leads on to. I don't think he has the 163 IQ that he claimed he did in that weird video at a party where he was freaking out and arguing with someone... (can't find that video now...)

...but he's definitely not dumb. I think Trump would destroy him, but Biden will have a bunch of one-liners ready to go, which will mean nothing, but that will resonate with people... unfortunately.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock