Started on: 09-23-2019 02:17 PM
Replies: 204 (3610 views)
Last post by: MidEngineManiac on 01-25-2020 09:55 PM
MidEngineManiac

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post01-12-2020 03:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rinselberg:

Blah, blah, blah...

Landfills are full? Dump them in the ocean to create a reef. Been doing it with old ships forever and the greentards panties seem fine with that.

Problem solved.

IP: Logged
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-12-2020 04:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

MidEngineManiac

29566 posts
Member since Feb 2007
DEMAND is such a strong word.

2 whole syllables at once. Impressive.
rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2020 04:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Maybe.

Given that fiberglass has long been used to fabricate boat hulls, it sounds like it could well make sense.

I think there are some questions that would be well to consider, before the dumping of discarded fiberglass wind turbine blades into the ocean.

What happens to the fiberglass in the ocean, and how quickly does it happen?

Does it fragment into smaller and smaller pieces of fiberglass that eventually enter the food chain? On what kind of time scale?

What is commonly being done with discarded fiberglass boat hulls?

If you go back to my previous message, I am not talking in terms of Wind Energy vs Fossil Fuels. I am not accusing anyone of having made a mistake because of that report about the discarded fiberglass wind turbine blades at that landfill site.

I am talking up the idea of Analytics-Driven Process. And I am talking up that idea, at the same time that President Trump is talking about Regulatory Rollbacks. In fact, there was a news headline just yesterday or the day before about a major new rollback of the regulations for a wide array of new development projects, including oil and gas pipelines and going well beyond that.

From all the "hot air" he was blowing recently, about Wind Power... well, it makes me very skeptical. Some of his ideas about it could be on-target and worth considering, but the way he has expressed himself on the topic... I think he's just making it up out of thin air. It doesn't look to my eyes or sound to my ears as the product of any kind of analytics or data-driven methodology or thinking.

I'm not experiencing him (Trump) as discernibly more rational than Bernie Sanders or Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, in terms of my visualizing them as sitting at the top of an organization--the Executive Branch--that has big influence upon the world, including the national and global Economic outlook, and the national and global Environmental factors, such as greenhouse gas emissions and other harmful or potentially harmful byproducts and consequences of agriculture, industry and transport.

So my messages here are about how President Trump comes across to me, via his Twitter messages and the other informal and "off the cuff" kind of remarks that are his near daily habit, from the White House lawn and wherever else he talks to reporters in a casual or seemingly unscripted way.

Is the Trump administration like an efficient and smooth-running machine, at the level of the regulatory agencies (EPA; etc.) that just happens to be concealed within an outer package--President Trump, himself--that doesn't "float my boat"..? I miss that "no drama Obama" kind of aesthetic, in terms of what I see and what I hear. It seems more reassuring to me.

A hearty "Blah, blah, blah..." to all.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 01-12-2020).]

olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2020 07:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was certainly reassured when 44 told the world that Americas best days were behind us.

( You are starting to understand sarcasm, right?)
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2020 10:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

( You are starting to understand sarcasm, right?)

Evidently so, as he stated agencies such as EPA are "smooth running machines".
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-12-2020 02:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tell me about that global warming again?

https://canada-1867.com/unc...-on-earth-next-week/
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2020 05:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So Hell really can freeze over?
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post01-12-2020 05:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

So Hell really can freeze over?

You know the answer to this.

olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2020 07:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
One of club runs was from Hell to Paradise and back.
82-T/A [At Work]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2020 11:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
People just need to learn to get creative. Those wind-farm blades can be useful as a roof for something like a large bus stop shelter... or heck, an airport that's expanding could use them to cover the terminal loading and unloading...

Remember, "The red zone is for immediate loading and unloading of passengers only. There is no stopping in a white zone."
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2020 10:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
https://www.zerohedge.com/p...burgs-father-posting
Since I don't do facebook (other than occasionally following a link there to read an article) I am not real sure what all this means...

Facebook Glitch Reveals Greta Thunburg's Father Posting As Teenage Climate Activist

A Thursday evening software update at Facebook accidentally allowed anyone to view exactly who is posting under the accounts of public figures, businesses and other entities, according to Wired. The result? For starters, some 3 million followers of teenage climate activist Greta Thunberg have been reading posts written by her father, Svante Thunberg, and a climate activist in India who serves as a delegate at the UN's Climate Change organization, Adarsh Prathap. Thunberg, Inc. claims Greta is still the one writing the content.

Greta, Inc. explained this in a Saturday Facebook post purporting to be the young climate activist. "Some people have been asking who manages this page. First of all, since last spring I only use Facebook to repost what I write on my Twitter and Instagram accounts," reads the post, in which 'she' says she tried Facebook "early on," but didn't like it, so she uses "my father Svantes account to repost content." "The rest that is shared on Facebook is reposted from Twitter and Instagram by the guy who founded the Greta Thunberg Facebook page long before I knew it existed. His name is Adarsh Prathap and he lives in India. Since a lot of people thought it was my official page in the beginning I asked if I could co-manage it and he said yes." Greta claims to have written all the content posted by her father and Prathap. In other words, "of course it's not me silly - you should have known I just 'co-manage' the fan page."

Except - by all outward appearances it appeared to be her page alone. Facebook's 'page transparency' shows Greta as the confirmed owner - with the only clue suggesting she might have help being a page manager located in India.

According to Facebook, the flaw was quickly fixed - but not before the people behind famous accounts were revealed and shared on public forums such as 4chan. "We quickly fixed an issue where someone could see who edited or published a post on behalf of a Page when looking at its edit history," said the company in a statement. "We are grateful to the security researcher who alerted us to this issue."

Facebook says the bug was the result of a code update that it pushed Thursday evening. It's not something most people would have encountered on their own, since it took navigating to a Page, viewing an edit history, and realizing that there shouldn't be a name and profile picture assigned to edits to exploit it. Still, despite the Friday morning fix, screenshots circulated on 4chan, Imgur, and social media appearing to show the accounts behind the official Facebook Pages of the pseudonymous artist Banksy, Russian president Vladimir Putin, former US secretary of state Hillary Clinton, Canadian prime minister Justin Trudeau, the hacking collective Anonymous, climate activist Greta Thunberg, and rapper Snoop Dogg, among others. Facebook points out that no information beyond a name and public profile link were available, but that information isn't supposed to appear in the edit history at all. And for people, say, running anti-regime Pages under a repressive government, making even that much information public is plenty alarming. -Wired

'People who run sensitive Pages from their own Facebook should now consider that their identity may be known," said Lukasz Olejnik independent privacy adviser and Oxford University Center for Technology and Global Affairs. "While mistakes happen, this one is unexpected."
PFF
System Bot
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-13-2020 10:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It means her father is posting on her account pretending to be her.

Who knows for how long or how much.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2020 11:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Maybe.

Given that fiberglass has long been used to fabricate boat hulls, it sounds like it could well make sense.

I think there are some questions that would be well to consider, before the dumping of discarded fiberglass wind turbine blades into the ocean.

What happens to the fiberglass in the ocean, and how quickly does it happen?

Does it fragment into smaller and smaller pieces of fiberglass that eventually enter the food chain? On what kind of time scale?

Let me guess Greta, you know nothing about fiberglass. Bad news Greta. Fiberglass comes entirely from synthetic materials such as petrochemicals ... mainly plastics (which is banned in California) .

What is commonly being done with discarded fiberglass boat hulls?

Greta, please don't tell me the sail boat which carried your worthless azz over here to say "How dare you !" was made of fiberglass.

Greta, do you even know anything about boats ? Mine is transported on a trailer with a winch to crank it up on the trailer. I took my old boat to the dump, unhooked the winch, backed up a few times then hit the brakes, then drove off without the boat.
A friend of mine cut his up in pieces, week by week, and the garbage man/truck hauled them off.

Greta, as far as what happens to fiberglass in the ocean, it degrades, just as it did on the windmill. Likely faster as moving water erodes faster than air (think Grand Canyon).

Fiberglass boats, and cars, need to be cleaned and waxed to keep both air and water from eroding it.

Does it enter the food chain ? What doesn't ? Degraded fiberglass materials, floating around in the ocean, of which fish use for air ...
Have you ever eaten fiberglass ? They say fiber is good for you.

[This message has been edited by cliffw (edited 01-13-2020).]

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2020 11:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

cliffw

35922 posts
Member since Jun 2003

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:
People just need to learn to get creative. Those wind-farm blades can be useful as a roof for something like a large bus stop shelter... or heck, an airport that's expanding could use them to cover the terminal loading and unloading...

, I don't see it. The sides, top, nor the thickness are true.
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2020 11:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, if this gig doesn't work out, she could get the role of the Grinches daughter....
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-13-2020 11:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you look at the blades close, they are basically a wing. Airfoil shape.

Google Chatham-Kent wind farm. Can't fart without hitting one here.

Sidenote is a lot of locals complain about health problems, mostly headaches, from the low sound waves they generate. Don't affect me but I have amazing selective hearing

Out my front door. That's 2 of them. There is a third a little further left.

[This message has been edited by MidEngineManiac (edited 01-13-2020).]

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2020 11:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:

Not to mention, that for the smaller turbines (1.5MW) they average 110' ft long, meaning they weigh an average of 104.5lbs per linear foot.
The 3.0MW turbine blades average 155' long and weigh 174lbs per linear foot.

The 3.0 MW turbine blades average width is 9 ft.
just the blade itself, on an 8' wide x 9' long roof would weigh nearly 1400 lbs.
Lot of weigh for a school bus stop roof.
What they would do about the 'twist' and the taper I do not know, but not a big issue if only one blade section is needed for the complete roof.
The taper from hub end to tip is significant.

Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-13-2020 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am in tears!

A Quick Dick McDick toonie...

82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2020 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

This is from a home that was built using Boeing 747 wings...

Figured something could be done similarly... probably more trouble than it's worth, but it could be a new home style. You have a split-ranch, he has a Tudor, I have a Windsor (hahah), sorry... lame joke.

Originally posted by maryjane:

Not to mention, that for the smaller turbines (1.5MW) they average 110' ft long, meaning they weigh an average of 104.5lbs per linear foot.
The 3.0MW turbine blades average 155' long and weigh 174lbs per linear foot.

The 3.0 MW turbine blades average width is 9 ft.
just the blade itself, on an 8' wide x 9' long roof would weigh nearly 1400 lbs.
Lot of weigh for a school bus stop roof.
What they would do about the 'twist' and the taper I do not know, but not a big issue if only one blade section is needed for the complete roof.
The taper from hub end to tip is significant.

The past couple of years, I've been doing a lot of vacationing in North West Texas, and also throughout New Mexico. The number of wind farms I've seen have been absolutely amazing. People act like the United States is so backwards when it comes to power production, but I don't think very many people on the coasts realize how prevalent these wind farms are. There were 1000s of wind turbines that I'd witnessed while driving down those awesome prairie highways.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2020 11:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yep, I've been to Nolan County and seen them...some very up close.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2020 12:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 01-14-2020).]

PFF
System Bot
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2020 06:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

Yep, I've been to Nolan County and seen them...some very up close.

Coming from the East Coast... most people believe the mid-west is run on coal and burning petroleum. There's this very incorrect assumption that the entire mid-west is responsible for most of the emissions that come from power generation. It's totally without warrant, but it's not something you ever question... it's just assumed to be correct because the mid-west is "backwards," or so that's what we're always told on the East-coast.

So like I said, as I was driving through Texas and the surrounding states, I saw nothing but wind farms and solar arrays... I was blown away. I just find it odd that this is never discussed at all in the media.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2020 11:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MidEngineManiac:
Sidenote is a lot of locals complain about health problems, mostly headaches, from the low sound waves they generate.

I am talking up the idea of Analytics-Driven Process. And I am talking up that idea, at the same time that President Trump is talking about Regulatory Rollbacks. In fact, there was a news headline just yesterday or the day before about a major new rollback of the regulations for a wide array of new development projects, including oil and gas pipelines and going well beyond that.

From all the "hot air" he was blowing recently, about Wind Power... well, it makes me very skeptical.

Some of his ideas about it could be on-target and worth considering, [color]but the way he has expressed himself on the topic[/color]... I think he's just making it up out of thin air. It doesn't look to my eyes or sound to my ears as the product of any kind of analytics or data-driven methodology or thinking.

Whaa whaa whaa, 'the way he expresses himself'. Give me a break. Did the message come across ?

You are skeptical ? Don't worry, you have me, my name is Joe Izuzu. It might be easier for me to ask you why you think green energy was ever a better answer. That was when I was skeptical. Was it because Global Warming was real and the biggest threat man kind has ever faced ? You never did answer my question some time ago. How has Global Warming affected you since Al Gore said we would be doomed in 2015 ?

Do you need analytic or data-driven methodology or thinking by someone that possesses such type of behavior ? You can't do that on your own ? The biggest liars and cheats are of the same behavior, at least the most successful ones. President Trump doesn't possess those traits because yo don't like the communication ?

President Trump, himself--that doesn't "float my boat"..? I miss that "no drama Obama" kind of aesthetic, in terms of what I see and what I hear. It seems more reassuring to me.

You are in trouble Bubba. Thje entire planet will soon be under water. I have your aesthetic communication you claim you need. I learned it from my Mom. "You will be ok sweetie.Things will get better. All you have to do is a little work".

STOP THESE THINGS

New Normal: Brits Brace For More Routine Blackouts Thanks to Wind Power Obsession

Guilty: Giant UK Wind Farm Forced to Pay £4.5 Million to Compensate Its Blackout Victims

Bat-tered: Government Cancels Approval for Completed Wind Farm to Save Endangered Bat Species

Bird Battle: Conservationists Sue US Government to Stop Wind Power Bird Slaughter

Hush Money: Government Plans to Bribe German Families Complaining About Wind Turbine Noise to Quell Wind Farm Backlash

Vindicated: Supreme Court Slams Developer For Ignoring Wind Turbine Noise Effects on Neighbours

Shredded: After 30 Years Wind & Solar ‘Industries’ Still Can’t Compete With Nuclear, Coal or Gas

Industrial Devolution: Renewables Obsession Leaves German Industry Crushed By Rocketing Power Prices

Killer-App: Offshore Wind Turbines Wiping Out Entire Bird Species

Service Failure: Australians Swelter During Summer Heatwave Because Intermittent Wind & Solar Simply Can’t Deliver

Busted: Irish Wind Project Slammed For Breaching EU Environmental Directives

Ontario’s Salvation: Locals Ecstatic Over Decision to Cancel 750 Wind Power Contracts

Colossal Carnage: US Wind Industry Killing More Than 1,000,000 Birds & Bats Every Year

Australia’s Energy Crisis: Subsidised Wind & Solar Obsession Sending Power Prices Into Orbit

Sunset Industry: Solar Power Obsession Threatens to Destroy Western Australia’s Power Grid

Fact Check: Why Intermittent Wind & Solar Will Never Replace Fossil Fuels

Terrible Twins: Subsidised Wind & Solar Guaranteed Grid and Market Wreckers

Scottish Scandal: Government Squanders £600 Million on ‘Constraint Payments’ to Wind Power Outfits for Discarded Power

No Deal: New ‘Green’ Deal Means Return to the Impoverished Dark Ages

Texan Turmoil: True & Staggering Cost of Wind & Solar Kept Hidden From Power Consumers

Green Hypocrisy Writ Large: Wind Industry’s Wholesale Destruction of Entire Forest Habitats

Hide & Seek: Market Distorting Subsidies Conceal True & Staggering Cost of Renewables

Billion Dollar Boondoggle: Plans to Take Canada’s Wind Power Disaster West to Alberta

Canadian Club: Wind Industry Furious: Ontario Rips Up 750 Wind Power Contracts

Bat Battle: Native Hawaiians Go to War with Wind Industry to Save Threatened Bat Species

Wind Power Investment Collapses as Germany’s Wind Industry Faces Total Armageddon

It’s-A-Knockout: European Wind Industry’s Total Collapse: Firms Bankrupt & Thousands Sacked

Blown Away: Counting the Colossal Cost of Cleaning Up ‘Clean’ Energy’s Monstrous Mess

Irish Government Slammed with €5m Fine Over Wind Farm’s Environmental Disaster

Cuomo’s Cover-Up: Colossal Cost of New York’s Wind Power Subsidies Finally Revealed

Blackout Refugees: Businesses Plan Summer Escape From Victoria’s Renewable Energy Chaos

Summer Blackouts Beckon: Australia’s Renewable Energy Debacle Won’t Be Fixed with Batteries

Renewable Wreckage: Texas Town’s Push for 100% Wind & Solar Sends Prices Into Orbit

Renewable Energy Regrets: Intermittent Wind & Solar Delivers Grid Chaos for Californians

Real Extinction Rebellion: Environmentalists Furious as Wind Industry Slash & Burn Entire Forests

Research Breakthrough: Why Pulsing, Thumping Wind Turbine Noise Is So Annoying

Power Politics: Wind & Solar Obsession Renders Australia’s Labor Party Unelectable

Suicide Watch: Insane Wind & Solar Obsession Helping Wreck Australia’s Economy

Follow The Money: Wind & Solar Lobbies Threw $Millions At ‘Climate Change’ Election (And Lost!)

Fading History: Britain’s Renewables Obsession Renders Reliable & Affordable Power Distant Memory

Turbine Trouble: School Board’s Wind Turbine ‘Investment’ Ends in Financial Disaster

Share Prices Plummet: Market Punishes Wind Power Outfits For Over-Blown Output Forecasts

Perpetual Infants: $100 Billion in Taxpayer Subsidies and US Wind & Solar ‘Industries’ Still Want More

New Nowhere Land: Australia’s Energy Crisis Deepens With Renewed Renewables Push

Permanent Part-Time Power: Wind Power Rush Leaves Texans Scrambling for Reliable Electricity

Power Shock: Wind & Solar ‘Transition’ Sends German Power Prices Into Orbit

Nowhere Trip: New York’s Big Wind Push Delivering Risible Results

Power Supply Crunch: Mass Blackouts Guaranteed When Demand Spikes Coincide With Wind & Solar Collapses

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-16-2020 11:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wait, wait, wait...

I thought we were going to be under lava.

Now I'm confused. Do I buy water wings or a fire suit?

https://futurism.com/the-by...ies-edge-earths-core
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2020 12:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Talk to some of your neighbors from the Middle East.
Maybe they can sell you a flying carpet.
Covers all the possibilities.
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-16-2020 12:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by olejoedad:

Talk to some of your neighbors from the Middle East .[=/QUOTE]

I try not to do too much of that. Them and snowflakes.

Developed this severe allergy to cries of "I'm ooofffeeeennnnddddeeeedddd "

Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-18-2020 12:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
And now, the crescendo!

Hey, we are losing "up to 200 species per day". Just things going extinct because the United States and it's pleasure for dino goo. Evil Tony Kania at it again! Bwahahaha!

Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-18-2020 01:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Tony Kania

20794 posts
Member since Dec 2008
Of course! It looks as if I need to step up my planet destruction game...

Video of a garbage truck dumping garbage into a river in some country. There are dozens of videos similar on the interwebs.

https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=aIyMN_1579204337
williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2020 02:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
U.S. forestland has remained relatively stable, actually it has increased slightly over the last hundred years, although our population has tripled. So, it is not us, Greta.

During much of my lifetime, Brazil had been the biggest offender when it came to deforestation, but it seems that they have made huge improvements over the last decade. Bolivia seems to be the current bad guy in this arena, but the land is going primarily toward non timber related agriculture. They have people to feed, so they have a choice: cut down the trees or starve. What would you do, Greta?

I suppose we could help them modernize their means of production, but that would require.....wait for it.....FOSSIL FUELS!

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 01-18-2020).]

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2020 03:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

williegoat

19470 posts
Member since Mar 2009
I am sure that the Bolivian woman in the above picture would be delighted to stop doing what she is doing. Can you feed her family, Greta?

Poor little Greta vs the Evil Bolivian tree killers:

How dare you?!!?

PFF
System Bot
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2020 04:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

williegoat

19470 posts
Member since Mar 2009
Oh, and another major factor contributing to Bolivian deforestation is mining.

"Mining for what?", you might say.
Why, lithium of course.

"Lithium for what?", you might be compelled to ask.
Well, for batteries, my inquisitive amigo.

"Batteries for what, Sensei?"
Why, electric cars, grasshopper.

Of course, some of that lithium goes into little bottles. Some of our left leaning friends are in desperate need.

olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2020 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2020 01:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

I am sure that the Bolivian woman in the above picture would be delighted to stop doing what she is doing. Can you feed her family, Greta?

Poor little Greta vs the Evil Bolivian tree killers:

How dare you?!!?

What'? Look at all the friggin plastic and fiberglass surrounding the poor little waif!

Oh Lord..what is that on her leftt? How does she heat up her tea water? Let's ask her....

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 01-19-2020).]

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2020 09:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tony Kania:

Who is George ? Her father ?
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2020 09:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

cliffw

35922 posts
Member since Jun 2003

You never did answer my question some time ago. How has Global Warming affected you since Al Gore said we would be doomed in 2015 ?

olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2020 09:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
In general, energy costs more.....
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2020 09:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Not her father.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Monbiot

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 01-19-2020).]

Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-19-2020 11:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

He was raised conservative, became extremely progressive, and is a person non grata in numerous countries around the world. So, like our lefties say, a great guy.

Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-19-2020 12:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Tony Kania

20794 posts
Member since Dec 2008
Down your throat biotches!

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 6 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors